Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default how do you pump out the holding tank?

ray lunder wrote:
Ahoy, I'm trying to figure out how to install this plastic holding
tank. So let's be optimistic and say the tank is half full and you
want to pump it all out and you're 3 miles out, etc. You open both sea
cocks, divert the Y valve to the holding tank and start pumping. But
doesn't this just fill the holding tank with sal****er as it flushes
out the waste? I want the tank to be clean and empty, right? Sorry if
this is dumb, I've never had a tank before. It's 6 gallons with two 1
1/2" stubs, one of which goes down to the bottom of the tank, and one
3/4" vent. Where does the vent get installed? All the stubs are on top
of the tank. Thank you.

What is the point of having a holding tank and pumping all of your waste
matter into the sea? Is it me? Am I nuts? Or is the idea not to have the
waste properly disposed of ashore? I thought the UK idea of direct waste
discharge into the sea was bad enough, but now I'm beginning to wonder! 3
miles out? Jeez!

Holding tank vent blocked Mollie Cruising 6 July 1st 04 12:32 PM
Moving a holding tank vent Cindy Ballreich Cruising 6 June 9th 04 05:26 PM
Belt and suspenders on holding tank Dick Locke Cruising 24 April 24th 04 04:44 AM
holding tank hand pump TB Cruising 16 March 1st 04 09:45 PM
pump out or no pumpout head David Ditch General 30 November 5th 03 01:46 AM