supra supra is offline

Default gas tank

ACP wrote:
"supra" wrote in message
ups.com...

Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
On 26 Oct 2006 19:25:57 -0700, "supra" wrote:

What size gas tank would be typical of a 1996 19' bass boat (javelin)
200hp evinrude?

50 gallons - it's identical to a Stratos same size.
--

"What the hell's the deal with this newsgroup...
is there a computer terminal in the day room of

Bilgeman - circa 2004

Thanks for the reply. I pumped 45 gals to fill 3/4 tank (my tank read
1/4 gal before fill). We used the motor for two 15 minute runs and five
10 minute idle periods and the gauge indicated I used 3/8 of a tank of
gas. This seems to be an extremely high rate of gas consumption. Any
thoughts?

Gauge accuracy?

Probably a 50 gallon tank.

Were your 15 minute "runs" at WOT?. If they were, probably burning in the
range of 20~25 GPH. 0.375 X 50 = 18.75 gallons used according to gauge
"estimate". Add your two 15 minutes runs to 50 minute idle time and seems
like you're within the accuracy of gauge.

Thanks again. To clarify my tank read full after fill. We ran at close
to max for both 15 minute periods. What is WOT?