posted to rec.boats.paddle

Default New dating site for outdoor enthusiasts

Hi all,

I wanted to announce that we just launched a new dating site for
outdoor enthusiasts at www.OutdoorPersonals.com. We started the site as
a free service to bring together like minded people who enjoy outdoor
activities such as paddling, camping, hiking, fishing, hunting, sport
shooting, etc.

Personal experience and watching my friends over the years has taught
me that finding someone who shares your passion of the outdoors is just
one of many essential elements to a successful relationship, whether
it's dating or marriage (for you members who are hunting right now, you
know what I mean!).

There are tons of dating sites on the Internet, but none are more
focused on the outdoor community than OutdoorPersonals.com. We are
committed to providing a 100% FREE, safe, and fun environment for
finding others who enjoy the outdoor activities that we all pursue on a
regular basis.

So forget the bar scene, forget spending time outdoors alone, and get
started with your free profile today.

P.S. We've already been mentioned on ESPNOutdoors.com, NSSF.org, and by
several outdoor columnists, so we're excited to see this site take off!

Thanks,

Jeremy Henricks
Henricks Outdoors, LLC
www.henricksoutdoors.com

posted to rec.boats.paddle

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi all,

I wanted to announce that we just launched a new dating site for
outdoor enthusiasts at www.OutdoorPersonals.com. We started the site as
a free service to bring together like minded people who enjoy outdoor
activities such as paddling, camping, hiking, fishing, hunting, sport
shooting, etc.

I gotta say, this is an excellent idea!

--riverman

posted to rec.boats.paddle

"riverman" wrote in :

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi all,

I wanted to announce that we just launched a new dating site for
outdoor enthusiasts at www.OutdoorPersonals.com. We started the site as
a free service to bring together like minded people who enjoy outdoor
activities such as paddling, camping, hiking, fishing, hunting, sport
shooting, etc.

I gotta say, this is an excellent idea!

While it does appear to be a good idea to bring together like minded people
in terms of their enjoyment of outdoor activities, I have it on good
authority that a successful partnership can be built even when two people
don't share the same level of enjoyment of certain activities. Just as
important is an as acceptance and supports the others passion for an
activity that they might not particularly enjoy doing. For example, I have
no desire to hunt but if that was something that my wife wanted to do I
would accept and support her participation in the activity. Here's a
better example...a couple of weeks ago a visiting paddler came to town and I
started to make plans to go on an overnight trip and spend all day paddling
the following day. When I told my wife of my plans, and mentioned the date I
said, "it's the 11th....which is our aniversery...". She said go ahead with
my plans and we'll do something some other day for anniversery.

posted to rec.boats.paddle

"John Fereira" wrote in message
.. .
"riverman" wrote in :

wrote in message
[...]

Whew, what a happy ending. I was certian you were going to say "and she said
'you go ahead, and you better hope there's some online dating service for
outdoorspeople when you return, buster!'"

--riverman

posted to rec.boats.paddle

I agree that finding a like-minded mate doesn't mean that you'll be any
less or more happier, but it doesn't hurt either.

In my case, my wife and I are complete opposites. I totally love being
outdoors, while my wife could care less...lol

Sure she likes camping every now and then, but she'd never join me
fishing or hunting. The good thing is we've been married 6 years and I
couldn't be happier, although I wouldn't mind if she liked grabbing a
pole or shooting a rifle (just not every time I go out).

Jeremy

John Fereira wrote:
[...]

posted to rec.boats.paddle

riverman wrote:
"John Fereira" wrote in message
Here's a better example...a couple of weeks ago a visiting paddler
came to town and I started to make plans to go on an overnight trip
and spend all day paddling the following day. When I told my wife
of my plans, and mentioned the date I said, "it's the 11th....which
is our aniversery...". She said go ahead with my plans and we'll
do something some other day for anniversery.

Whew, what a happy ending. I was certian you were going to say "and
she said 'you go ahead, and you better hope there's some online
dating service for outdoorspeople when you return, buster!'"

Just wait, he'll pay for it later. And not even know it.

--
Steve Cramer
Athens, GA
posted to rec.boats.paddle

On 3 Oct 2006 09:35:11 -0700, wrote:

I agree that finding a like-minded mate doesn't mean that you'll be any
less or more happier, but it doesn't hurt either.

In my case, my wife and I are complete opposites. I totally love being
outdoors, while my wife could care less...lol

Sure she likes camping every now and then, but she'd never join me
fishing or hunting. The good thing is we've been married 6 years and I
couldn't be happier, although I wouldn't mind if she liked grabbing a
pole or shooting a rifle (just not every time I go out).

My husband golfs. And golfs. And when he got downshafted from his
office job, he went to work part time at a golf course. I have, about
4 times, gone to a driving range with him. It seems I had a good
drive for a woman. I have twice walked a course while he played. I
once went to a US Open that happened locally. I have never played a
complete game of golf (did 3 or 4 holes once as a teen.) and have
never felt the urge to play golf.

I camp and canoe and fla****er kayak. He's gone with me maybe 10
times over the years. I also fly and spin fish. He used to go once a
year on a fishing trip for walleye to Lake MiLacs with some guys he
worked with. He hasn't done that in about a decade or more. I don't
think we've ever gone fishing together. Works for us. We got married
in 1964, so it's been a long time for him golfing, though my outdoors
stuff waited until the mid 80s to start, as I didn't want to leave the
kids alone or with just him too much.
--

r.bc: vixen
Speaker to squirrels, willow watcher, etc..

http://www.visi.com/~cyli
posted to rec.boats.paddle

"Cyli" wrote in message
[...]

I once let SWMBO drive the golf cart. On the 18th hole, right in front of
the clubhouse, I laid up a second shot (par 4) within easy putting distance,
on the fringe on the edge of the cart path. SWMBO drove the cart right over
the ball....not under the wheels, but straddling it. With everyone watching
in the clubhouse and me snapping at her, she giggled about it, rolled back,
and put the wheels right on the ball, pile-driving it right into the dirt.
Then she could not understand a) why I didn't just dig it out. b) what I was
so upset about or c) why we didn't stop by the clubhouse for a beer.

--riverman