posted to rec.boats.paddle
John Fereira John Fereira is offline

Default New dating site for outdoor enthusiasts

"riverman" wrote in :

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi all,

I wanted to announce that we just launched a new dating site for
outdoor enthusiasts at www.OutdoorPersonals.com. We started the site as
a free service to bring together like minded people who enjoy outdoor
activities such as paddling, camping, hiking, fishing, hunting, sport
shooting, etc.

I gotta say, this is an excellent idea!

While it does appear to be a good idea to bring together like minded people
in terms of their enjoyment of outdoor activities, I have it on good
authority that a successful partnership can be built even when two people
don't share the same level of enjoyment of certain activities. Just as
important is an as acceptance and supports the others passion for an
activity that they might not particularly enjoy doing. For example, I have
no desire to hunt but if that was something that my wife wanted to do I
would accept and support her participation in the activity. Here's a
better example...a couple of weeks ago a visiting paddler came to town and I
started to make plans to go on an overnight trip and spend all day paddling
the following day. When I told my wife of my plans, and mentioned the date I
said, "it's the 11th....which is our aniversery...". She said go ahead with
my plans and we'll do something some other day for anniversery.