posted to rec.boats.paddle
riverman riverman is offline

Default New dating site for outdoor enthusiasts

"Cyli" wrote in message
On 3 Oct 2006 09:35:11 -0700, wrote:

I agree that finding a like-minded mate doesn't mean that you'll be any
less or more happier, but it doesn't hurt either.

In my case, my wife and I are complete opposites. I totally love being
outdoors, while my wife could care less...lol

Sure she likes camping every now and then, but she'd never join me
fishing or hunting. The good thing is we've been married 6 years and I
couldn't be happier, although I wouldn't mind if she liked grabbing a
pole or shooting a rifle (just not every time I go out).

My husband golfs. And golfs. And when he got downshafted from his
office job, he went to work part time at a golf course. I have, about
4 times, gone to a driving range with him. It seems I had a good
drive for a woman. I have twice walked a course while he played. I
once went to a US Open that happened locally. I have never played a
complete game of golf (did 3 or 4 holes once as a teen.) and have
never felt the urge to play golf.

I once let SWMBO drive the golf cart. On the 18th hole, right in front of
the clubhouse, I laid up a second shot (par 4) within easy putting distance,
on the fringe on the edge of the cart path. SWMBO drove the cart right over
the ball....not under the wheels, but straddling it. With everyone watching
in the clubhouse and me snapping at her, she giggled about it, rolled back,
and put the wheels right on the ball, pile-driving it right into the dirt.
Then she could not understand a) why I didn't just dig it out. b) what I was
so upset about or c) why we didn't stop by the clubhouse for a beer.

--riverman