posted to rec.boats.paddle
[email protected] info@henricksoutdoors.com is offline

Default New dating site for outdoor enthusiasts

I agree that finding a like-minded mate doesn't mean that you'll be any
less or more happier, but it doesn't hurt either.

In my case, my wife and I are complete opposites. I totally love being
outdoors, while my wife could care less...lol

Sure she likes camping every now and then, but she'd never join me
fishing or hunting. The good thing is we've been married 6 years and I
couldn't be happier, although I wouldn't mind if she liked grabbing a
pole or shooting a rifle (just not every time I go out).

Jeremy

John Fereira wrote:
While it does appear to be a good idea to bring together like minded people
in terms of their enjoyment of outdoor activities, I have it on good
authority that a successful partnership can be built even when two people
don't share the same level of enjoyment of certain activities. Just as
important is an as acceptance and supports the others passion for an
activity that they might not particularly enjoy doing. For example, I have
no desire to hunt but if that was something that my wife wanted to do I
would accept and support her participation in the activity. Here's a
better example...a couple of weeks ago a visiting paddler came to town and I
started to make plans to go on an overnight trip and spend all day paddling
the following day. When I told my wife of my plans, and mentioned the date I
said, "it's the 11th....which is our aniversery...". She said go ahead with
my plans and we'll do something some other day for anniversery.