Default Gasoline prices - another record high

"Harry Krause" wrote in message

And, given that demand in recent days has been flat or shrinking, prices
are unlikely to continue upward, Lundberg suggested. "The overall gasoline
supply is not tight," she said.

NOYB says supply is the problem, and that's all I need to hear.

Last week, PBS-TV news interviewed a few futures traders and asked them how
much of the current price was "reality", and how much represented excess bid
into the price by traders. The estimates were from $15 to $25. Take away the
slot machines and the price could be as low as $50. This is white collar
crime at its worst.

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
. ..
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"Harry Krause" wrote in message

And, given that demand in recent days has been flat or shrinking, prices
are unlikely to continue upward, Lundberg suggested. "The overall
gasoline supply is not tight," she said.

NOYB says supply is the problem, and that's all I need to hear.

Last week, PBS-TV news interviewed a few futures traders and asked them
how much of the current price was "reality", and how much represented
excess bid into the price by traders. The estimates were from $15 to $25.
Take away the slot machines and the price could be as low as $50. This is
white collar crime at its worst.

Of course he has to say it is a "supply-demand" problem. To think
otherwise is to contemplate "manipulation" of the market by those who take
advantage of uncertainty, warmongering and unrest. Those like...big oil
and its political collaborators.

I've long been in favor of meaningful public oversight of the production,
distribution and pricing of petrol products. We've been getting butt-f'd
by big oil for decades.

I don't think it's the oil companies. It's the Harvard MBAs in the three
piece suits reading tea leaves and playing the numbers game on the stock
market. *These* are the ass***** that should be subject to public
oversight.

Eisboch

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"Harry Krause" wrote in message

And, given that demand in recent days has been flat or shrinking, prices
are unlikely to continue upward, Lundberg suggested. "The overall gasoline
supply is not tight," she said.

NOYB says supply is the problem, and that's all I need to hear.

Well, Rush and Hannity told him that... It HAS to be true.

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message
"Harry Krause" wrote in message

And, given that demand in recent days has been flat or shrinking, prices
are unlikely to continue upward, Lundberg suggested. "The overall
gasoline supply is not tight," she said.

NOYB says supply is the problem, and that's all I need to hear.

Actually, I said that demand is the primary problem, with geopolitical
uncertainty a contributing factor.

Supply hasn't changed much.

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
[...]

As long as we're spending US tax dollars for our military to ensure that oil
flows uninterrupted from the Middle East, I agree with you. The oil
industry should at least be as regulated as the electrical power companies.

"NOYB" wrote in message
nk.net...

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message
"Harry Krause" wrote in message

And, given that demand in recent days has been flat or shrinking, prices
are unlikely to continue upward, Lundberg suggested. "The overall
gasoline supply is not tight," she said.

NOYB says supply is the problem, and that's all I need to hear.

Actually, I said that demand is the primary problem, with geopolitical
uncertainty a contributing factor.

Supply hasn't changed much.

People who know more than you and I about this say that $15 to $25 of the
current barrel price is comprised of speculative excess. That should ****
you off no end.

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message

People who know more than you and I about this say that $15 to $25 of the
current barrel price is comprised of speculative excess. That should ****
you off no end.

You've got that right. There's no shortage. It's all about the market.
It's BS.

Eisboch

"Eisboch" wrote in message

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message

People who know more than you and I about this say that $15 to $25 of the
current barrel price is comprised of speculative excess. That should ****
you off no end.

You've got that right. There's no shortage. It's all about the market.
It's BS.

Eisboch

When it comes to stocks, smart people understand that the price often
doesn't reflect the actual value of the underlying companies. But, if a
stock price is out of line, you and I don't have to buy it. Oil's
different - we have to buy it.

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message
"NOYB" wrote in message
nk.net...

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message
"Harry Krause" wrote in message

And, given that demand in recent days has been flat or shrinking,
prices are unlikely to continue upward, Lundberg suggested. "The
overall gasoline supply is not tight," she said.

NOYB says supply is the problem, and that's all I need to hear.

Actually, I said that demand is the primary problem, with geopolitical
uncertainty a contributing factor.

Supply hasn't changed much.

People who know more than you and I about this say that $15 to $25 of the
current barrel price is comprised of speculative excess. That should ****
you off no end.

I'm not ****ed that you think there are people out there who know more than
me.