NOYB NOYB is offline

Default Gasoline prices - another record high

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
. ..
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"Harry Krause" wrote in message

And, given that demand in recent days has been flat or shrinking, prices
are unlikely to continue upward, Lundberg suggested. "The overall
gasoline supply is not tight," she said.

NOYB says supply is the problem, and that's all I need to hear.

Last week, PBS-TV news interviewed a few futures traders and asked them
how much of the current price was "reality", and how much represented
excess bid into the price by traders. The estimates were from $15 to $25.
Take away the slot machines and the price could be as low as $50. This is
white collar crime at its worst.

Of course he has to say it is a "supply-demand" problem. To think
otherwise is to contemplate "manipulation" of the market by those who take
advantage of uncertainty, warmongering and unrest. Those like...big oil
and its political collaborators.

I've long been in favor of meaningful public oversight of the production,
distribution and pricing of petrol products.

As long as we're spending US tax dollars for our military to ensure that oil
flows uninterrupted from the Middle East, I agree with you. The oil
industry should at least be as regulated as the electrical power companies.