Default Gasoline prices - another record high

On Tue, 25 Jul 2006 16:16:56 GMT, "NOYB" wrote:

The oil
industry should at least be as regulated as the electrical power companies.

That would be a great way to bring on an oil shortage. Have you ever
tried fishing from a sailboat? I have. There is just nothing like
the excitement of a big ticked off bluefish snapping around within the
confines of a small sailboat cockpit ! Imagine one of our little gulf
coast sharks doing the same thing. Yeee Hah...

On Tue, 25 Jul 2006 16:40:09 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

People who know more than you and I about this say that $15 to $25 of the
current barrel price is comprised of speculative excess.

That statement is speculation in and of itself.

So called "speculative excess" is mostly people who need oil on a
regular basis trying to ensure future supply guarantees at a price
they can live with. People like your utility company for example, or
your airline.

On Tue, 25 Jul 2006 18:45:03 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

Oil's
different - we have to buy it.

No you don't.

Have you heard about natural gas or propane?

wrote:

Oil's
different - we have to buy it.

No you don't.

Have you heard about natural gas or propane?

My car doesn't run on those.

wrote:

People who know more than you and I about this say that $15 to $25 of the
current barrel price is comprised of speculative excess.

That statement is speculation in and of itself.

So called "speculative excess" is mostly people who need oil on a
regular basis trying to ensure future supply guarantees at a price
they can live with. People like your utility company for example, or
your airline.

When that Chechnyan terrorist died a few weeks back, the price blipped down
a buck, according to the traders in the interview. That's fantasy at work.

"Wayne.B" wrote in message
On Tue, 25 Jul 2006 16:16:56 GMT, "NOYB" wrote:

The oil
industry should at least be as regulated as the electrical power
companies.

That would be a great way to bring on an oil shortage. Have you ever
tried fishing from a sailboat? I have. There is just nothing like
the excitement of a big ticked off bluefish snapping around within the
confines of a small sailboat cockpit ! Imagine one of our little gulf
coast sharks doing the same thing. Yeee Hah...

One of the nuts in the recent shark tournament out of Oak Bluffs, Martha's
Vineyard had to be medi-vac'd to the hospital. They pulled a mako into the
cockpit and the shark just about took his knee cap off.

Eisboch

"Eisboch" wrote in message

"Wayne.B" wrote in message
On Tue, 25 Jul 2006 16:16:56 GMT, "NOYB" wrote:

The oil
industry should at least be as regulated as the electrical power
companies.

That would be a great way to bring on an oil shortage. Have you ever
tried fishing from a sailboat? I have. There is just nothing like
the excitement of a big ticked off bluefish snapping around within the
confines of a small sailboat cockpit ! Imagine one of our little gulf
coast sharks doing the same thing. Yeee Hah...

One of the nuts in the recent shark tournament out of Oak Bluffs, Martha's
Vineyard had to be medi-vac'd to the hospital. They pulled a mako into
the cockpit and the shark just about took his knee cap off.

Eisboch

I only went shark fishing once, back in the early 1970s with a friend of my
father. When the captain was sure he wanted to keep the shark (for meat), he
let it swim a bit away from the boat, and put several shotgun slugs into it.
He'd apparently seen too many cabin windows turned into crumbs by flailing
tails.

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message
"Eisboch" wrote in message

"Wayne.B" wrote in message
[...]

This annual tournament is primarily a catch and release --- mostly
bluesharks --- but a Mako or Thresher is a keeper.
I've got quite a few friends that are really into this. I've tried it, but
it sorta reminds me of the annual running of the bulls festival in Spain.
Pointless, and somebody always gets hurt.

Eisboch

"Eisboch" wrote in message

One of the nuts in the recent shark tournament out of Oak Bluffs,
Martha's Vineyard had to be medi-vac'd to the hospital. They pulled a
mako into the cockpit and the shark just about took his knee cap off.

Eisboch

I only went shark fishing once, back in the early 1970s with a friend of
my father. When the captain was sure he wanted to keep the shark (for
meat), he let it swim a bit away from the boat, and put several shotgun
slugs into it. He'd apparently seen too many cabin windows turned into
crumbs by flailing tails.

This guy is a friend of mine and maintains a great website on New England
sharks. Good info.

http://www.newenglandsharks.com/shortfin.htm

Eisboch

"Eisboch" wrote in message

One of the nuts in the recent shark tournament out of Oak Bluffs,
Martha's Vineyard had to be medi-vac'd to the hospital. They pulled a
mako into the cockpit and the shark just about took his knee cap off.

Eisboch

I only went shark fishing once, back in the early 1970s with a friend of
my father. When the captain was sure he wanted to keep the shark (for
meat), he let it swim a bit away from the boat, and put several shotgun
slugs into it. He'd apparently seen too many cabin windows turned into
crumbs by flailing tails.

This guy is a friend of mine and maintains a great website on New England
sharks. Good info.

http://www.newenglandsharks.com/shortfin.htm

Eisboch

If my son sees that site, I'll never hear the end of "We gotta go to Montauk
NOW!"

Speaking of teenagers, I just called him on his cell phone to remind him to
get a copy of his eye exam results to bring to his regular doctor later this
week. His response: "I can't talk now. My eyes are dilated".

Excuse me? :-)