Default Gasoline prices - another record high/ supply and demand

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"basskisser" wrote in message
ups.com...

NOYB wrote:
"basskisser" wrote in message
oups.com...

NOYB wrote:
"basskisser" wrote in message
oups.com...

Calif Bill wrote:

So, was not just SUV's speeding. How many in your speeding
vehicle?
Oil
makes about 16% profit. Citigroup about 34%.

Horse****!! How would Citigroup make a 34% profit when their
interest
rates aren't even that high?????? Let alone their operating
expenses!

LOL. You really are clueless.

Well, then SHOW ME where Citigroup has made 34% profit.

They made 18.8% profit. But that's beside the point. You stated that
"their interest rates aren't even that high"...implying that they could
earn
a profit that was only as high as their interest rate (whatever that is).

This shows ignorance on multi-levels.

There is an enormous range in Citigroup's lending rates. There is no such
thing as "their interest rate".

Are you REALLY trying to say that Citigroup's interest rates on money
lended is in the neighborhood of 35%????? Friggin' sign me up! If
that's the case, then most of the biggest corps in the U.S. will be
selling everything and investing in Citigroup. Better not let them in
on your secret!

Citigroup's profits are derived from a much larger pool of revenues than
just the money they take in from their lending practices.

Just what are they doing to earn back 35% or so on their money? Donald
Trump would love for you to share this informatioin with him!

If you never default on your credit card payments, you might skip the fine
print in the agreement where it describes that rates can jump to the mid-20
percent range. Prime plus some outrageous amount. Pair this with the fact
that Citi does business in places where the base rate's much higher, and
your question is PARTIALLY answered. They (like most banks) also invest on
their own behalf, no differently than large pension funds and mutual funds.
This can involve paper investments, or tangibles like real estate.

It ain't going to equal Bill's 34%

wrote:
You calling him Dennis compton, won't bother him near as much as he
does you calling yuo "kevin"

Besides, he hides behind his killfile to do so. Pretty childish and
petty, wouldn't you think?

Calif Bill wrote:

[...]

Why not? How do you know what kind of profit they turn on trading paper, and
ESPECIALLY on real estate, by which I mean commercial buildings that they
rent or lease to businesses or apartment dwellers?

wrote in message
ups.com...
Prophesy fulfilled!

Kevin is all too predicatable.

Some things never change

basskisser wrote:
P. Fritz wrote:
ink.net...

Calif Bill wrote:

[...]

Not all the money they are lending is theirs! Same as a bank. Pay
you
1-2% on your deposit and use the rest to borrow from the federal
reserve
at 4% or so and loan at 6-18%.

Then there are the late fees, over limit fees, origination fees, etc
etc
etc.

Kevin once again remains clueless

Fritz, care to take the $5000 challenge that I'm not Kevin? Put up, or
shut up. Now, if you are referring to me, please show me where and how
Citicorp made 34% profit as was stated by Bill, and that is what I
called him on the carpet for.

Calif Bill wrote:

[...]

34% return on your money? Again, Trump would love that kind of profit!

Calif Bill wrote:

[...]

It's not all that unusual in some businesses. But, there seems to be a magic
number, beyond which some people think it's excessive. Even the oil
industries profits would not be considered outrageous, if the absolute price
(which we pay) wasn't out of hand.

Sure you deny what you said, you do quite frequently. and yes, I AM
thick. I'm 6 ft.3 and weigh about 280, mostly upper body.

But, Y'know, I may be thick,.....but you're stupid. And tomorrow I
can lose weight.

basskisser wrote:
wrote:
Yeah, yeah, deny this:

Man, you are thick! Let's try to get some reasoning into that gray
matter of yours, shall we? Okay think now. What and where did I "deny"
anything? The answer is, I didn't deny anything. Ergo, you are wrong.
Understand? Doubtful.

Not at all, he goes by Jim H wich is his name, what do you go
by...."basskisser?"

basskisser wrote:
wrote:
You calling him Dennis compton, won't bother him near as much as he
does you calling you "kevin"

Besides, he hides behind his killfile to do so. Pretty childish and
petty, wouldn't you think?

wrote in message
oups.com...

basskisser wrote:
wrote:
JimH wrote:
Hey Tim.......Kevin is not worth your time. All he wants to do is
argue
with folks about minutia, day in and day out. Just killfile him and
move
on. ;-)

you're right Jim, but I'm using GoogleGroups, and they don't have kill
File.

Ohoh, you called him "Kevin" Now we get to wait for the $5000.00 "Put
up or Shut up" routine.

LOL!

This is precious! JimH calls me Kevin because he's got me killfilled
and thus thinks he can't be called to the mat! Hey, Dennis Compton,
care to take the challenge to prove I'm not Kevin, or would you rather
just ignorrantly call me someone I'm not. Killfile, in your case does
nothing but prove that you think ignorance is bliss.

You calling him Dennis compton, won't bother him near as much as he
does you calling you "kevin"

ROTF! I went under an alias for a while.......Dennis Compton. After
someone discovered my real name I have gone by it ever since but abbreviated
it to JimH.

The thing Kevin does not understand is that I do not deny posting under the
name of Dennis Compton. He, on the other hand, posted and sent emails under
the name Kevin Noble, including in a marijuana NG, yet he denies ever doing
so.

Go figure.

Too hot to take the boat out today so I went to Home Depot and purchased the
piping and fittings needed to install the battery backup sump pump I
recently purchased. The heat wave is to continue through Tuesday so I may
be installing the thing tomorrow.

Why don't you get a bimini for your boat Tim?