Default Gasoline prices - another record high/ supply and demand

NOYB wrote:
"Calif Bill" wrote in message
k.net...

"JohnH" wrote in message
On Sun, 06 Aug 2006 21:00:21 -0400, Bert Robbins wrote:

JohnH wrote:
On Sun, 06 Aug 2006 13:28:02 GMT, Shortwave Sportfishing
wrote:

On Sun, 06 Aug 2006 08:08:44 -0400, JohnH wrote:

On Sun, 06 Aug 2006 11:35:57 GMT, Shortwave Sportfishing
wrote:

On Sat, 05 Aug 2006 15:24:55 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

"Bert Robbins" wrote in message
. ..

***ME*** shift the conversation? You're talking about mortgage
rates
while I'm telling that freight rates have increased 30% in 40-ish
months*, and you're making like it's a non-event.

*A number of months which is not a coincidence, by the way.
How much has the cost of groceries gone up at your local grocery
store in
the last two years?
On which products in particular? An average would be meaningless.
Well, let me put it this way - about 100%.

I'll let you know when we buy our annual "basket". That is to say,
we
buy the same thing, in one basket, every year just to see how much
more we pay year-to-year. We do it every year the weekend after
Labor
Day.

Last year it was just shy of 80%.
Tom, were 80% of the items priced higher, or was the total price 80%
higher?

If the latter, you've gotta quit buying tomatoes at Safeway!
Total price.

And we don't buy anything at Safeway. :)

Boycotting Safeway is a good thing! :)

Tell me you don't shop at Giant?

Tomatoes at Giant are a dollar a pound cheaper than at Safeway!

***** Have a Spectacular Day! *****

John

I paid $0.59 / lb yesterday at the local produce market for tomatoes.
Cluster tomatoes on the vine were only $1.19 lb. You getting ripped.
Only 2 ripe tomatoes from my yard plants.

California has a lot more tomato-pickers (a.k.a. illegals).

Uh, guess you've never been to the Ruskin area huh?

"basskisser" wrote in message
ups.com...

NOYB wrote:
"Calif Bill" wrote in message
k.net...

wrote:

[...]

John lives in Maryland. The discussion was about the price of tomatoes in
Maryland vs. California.

On Wed, 09 Aug 2006 19:51:25 GMT, "NOYB" wrote:

"basskisser" wrote in message
oups.com...

NOYB wrote:
"Calif Bill" wrote in message
k.net...

wrote:

[...]

I live in Virginia. Harry lives in Maryland, maybe.
***** Have a Spectacular Day! *****

John

"JohnH" wrote in message
On Wed, 09 Aug 2006 19:51:25 GMT, "NOYB" wrote:

"basskisser" wrote in message
roups.com...

NOYB wrote:
"Calif Bill" wrote in message
k.net...

wrote:

[...]

OK. So the discussion was about Virginia vs. California. I'm not sure what
Ruskin has to do with it.

"NOYB" wrote in message
nk.net...

I paid $0.59 / lb yesterday at the local produce market for
tomatoes.
Cluster tomatoes on the vine were only $1.19 lb. You getting
ripped.
Only 2 ripe tomatoes from my yard plants.

California has a lot more tomato-pickers (a.k.a. illegals).

Uh, guess you've never been to the Ruskin area huh?

John lives in Maryland. The discussion was about the price of tomatoes
in
Maryland vs. California.

I live in Virginia. Harry lives in Maryland, maybe.

OK. So the discussion was about Virginia vs. California. I'm not sure
what Ruskin has to do with it.

I think he meant that your blanket statement about illegal workers was
either one of your typical attempts to sabotage a discussion, or was based
on "information" given to you by the mother ship. So, he asked whether you'd
been to a certain area in order to test your imaginary knowledge.

On Wed, 09 Aug 2006 20:36:25 GMT, "NOYB" wrote:

John lives in Maryland. The discussion was about the price of tomatoes in
Maryland vs. California.

I live in Virginia. Harry lives in Maryland, maybe.

OK. So the discussion was about Virginia vs. California. I'm not sure what
Ruskin has to do with it.

Me neither.
***** Have a Spectacular Day! *****

John

"JohnH" wrote in message
On Wed, 09 Aug 2006 20:36:25 GMT, "NOYB" wrote:

John lives in Maryland. The discussion was about the price of tomatoes
in
Maryland vs. California.

I live in Virginia. Harry lives in Maryland, maybe.

OK. So the discussion was about Virginia vs. California. I'm not sure
what
Ruskin has to do with it.

Me neither.
John

Did you not get enough sleep last night? You're usually a little sharper
than this. Today, you seem like....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....

On Wed, 09 Aug 2006 21:24:16 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

"JohnH" wrote in message
.. .
On Wed, 09 Aug 2006 20:36:25 GMT, "NOYB" wrote:

John lives in Maryland. The discussion was about the price of tomatoes
in
Maryland vs. California.

I live in Virginia. Harry lives in Maryland, maybe.

OK. So the discussion was about Virginia vs. California. I'm not sure
what
Ruskin has to do with it.

Me neither.
John

Did you not get enough sleep last night? You're usually a little sharper
than this. Today, you seem like....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....

Had to get up early after staying up to watch the primary results.
***** Have a Spectacular Day! *****

John

"NOYB" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Calif Bill" wrote in message
k.net...

wrote:

[...]

They may or may not be illegal, but they are the same ones picking most of
the crops. As to tomatoes, we do grow a lot of them. And you have never
seen tomatoes commercially picked with your comment. When picking for
canning, and maybe even for market, they spray the field 3 days before
picking with a ripening agent. 3 days later, 95% are red. They then drive
a machine through the field, that rips up the plant, sends it along a
conveyer belt, and the workers along the belt, pick out the tomatoes and
they are sent along another chute to a hopper on a trailer next to the
picker. They the go off along the highway, spilling some small percentage.
You can get all the tomatoes you want at some curves and onramps. Every
once in a while a truck turns turtle, normally when I want to take the boat
somewhere and causes a huge traffic jam, while they bring in the skip loader
to clear the highway. One cannery near where I used to duck hunt, did
tomato paste for American Food's (Franco-American brands) and the smallest
container was 5 gallons, largest: tank car. UC Davis developed the
tasteless tomato with the heavy duty skin that can be machine picked.

NOYB wrote:
"basskisser" wrote in message
ups.com...

NOYB wrote:
"Calif Bill" wrote in message
k.net...

wrote:

[...]

That's odd, the topic header says nothing about tomatoes anywhere!