Default Gasoline prices - another record high/ supply and demand

On Sat, 05 Aug 2006 15:24:55 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

"Bert Robbins" wrote in message
m...

***ME*** shift the conversation? You're talking about mortgage rates
while I'm telling that freight rates have increased 30% in 40-ish
months*, and you're making like it's a non-event.

*A number of months which is not a coincidence, by the way.

How much has the cost of groceries gone up at your local grocery store
in
the last two years?

On which products in particular? An average would be meaningless.

Well, let me put it this way - about 100%.

I'll let you know when we buy our annual "basket". That is to say, we
buy the same thing, in one basket, every year just to see how much
more we pay year-to-year. We do it every year the weekend after Labor
Day.

Last year it was just shy of 80%.

Tom, this is impossible. Please listen to Bert.

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"Bert Robbins" wrote in message
. ..

It could be that the shipping costs are not as high as you think.
How much would it cost for you to ship your juice to NYOB in FL? How
much does the shipping cost increase the cost of the goods in FL?

Sorry, but the semester ended at 4:49 PM today. Grab a shovel. Dig up
your mommy and ask her to remind you how to keep up with your
lessons, pendejo.
Your current condition and situation is due to your arrogant and
superior attitude is it now?
Until you can describe the aforementioned condition, it doesn't exist,
pendejo.
You know what I am talking about!

Pendejo!

Hit a nerve didn't I?

ROFL! WTF are you talking about, Mr. Trailer Park? You still can't seem to
explain the "current condition" you've mentioned so many times.

It is current condition and situation.

Why are you resorting to name calling and attempted put downs?

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
[...]

I'm honoring your explicit request for such treatment. Don't focus on the
words. Focus on the meaning.

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
[...]

This is my last post on this thread until this evening. If you are still
around then let me know maybe you can teach me something.

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
[...]

Lesson: Stop playing games unless you're equipped to do so successfully.

Harry Krause wrote:
Bert Robbins wrote:

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

"Bert Robbins" wrote in message
. ..

It could be that the shipping costs are not as high as you think.
How much would it cost for you to ship your juice to NYOB in FL?
How much does the shipping cost increase the cost of the goods in FL?

Sorry, but the semester ended at 4:49 PM today. Grab a shovel. Dig
up your mommy and ask her to remind you how to keep up with your
lessons, pendejo.

Your current condition and situation is due to your arrogant and
superior attitude is it now?

Until you can describe the aforementioned condition, it doesn't
exist, pendejo.

You know what I am talking about!

Was your marine nickname Pillsbury? You certainly seem to be the new
newsgroup "D'oh" boy.

Hee hee! That Bert...he just keeps on givin'.

On Sun, 06 Aug 2006 08:08:44 -0400, JohnH wrote:

news:WoKdnY_0Ts9ceU7ZnZ2dnUVZ_omdnZ2d@comcast. com...

***ME*** shift the conversation? You're talking about mortgage rates
while I'm telling that freight rates have increased 30% in 40-ish
months*, and you're making like it's a non-event.

*A number of months which is not a coincidence, by the way.

How much has the cost of groceries gone up at your local grocery store
in
the last two years?

On which products in particular? An average would be meaningless.

Well, let me put it this way - about 100%.

I'll let you know when we buy our annual "basket". That is to say, we
buy the same thing, in one basket, every year just to see how much
more we pay year-to-year. We do it every year the weekend after Labor
Day.

Last year it was just shy of 80%.

Tom, were 80% of the items priced higher, or was the total price 80%
higher?

If the latter, you've gotta quit buying tomatoes at Safeway!

Total price.

And we don't buy anything at Safeway. :)

When purchasing produce you are *always* better off shopping at locally
owned grocery stores or farmers stands and staying away from the large
regional chains.

We buy our produce at our local Heinen's store (16 stores total, all in the
general area and locally owed) or the local farmers stands when in season.
Heinen's purchases produce daily from the downtown food terminal and it is
therefore much fresher than with the large chains who buy it, warehouse it
at their main distribution points (sometimes several States away), then
eventually ship it to their stores.

. ..

wrote:

[...]

the general area and locally owned) or the local farmers stands when in
season. Heinen's purchases produce daily from the downtown food terminal
and distributes it that day to their stores. It is therefore much fresher
than with the large chains who buy it, warehouse it at their main
distribution points and eventually ship it to their stores often several
States away.

edit

wrote:

[...]

Boycotting Safeway is a good thing! :)
***** Have a Spectacular Day! *****

John

On Sun, 6 Aug 2006 16:16:21 -0400, " JimH" not telling you @ pffftt.com
wrote:

We buy our produce at our local Heinen's store (16 stores total, all in the
general area and locally owed) or the local farmers stands when in season.
Heinen's purchases produce daily from the downtown food terminal and it is
therefore much fresher than with the large chains who buy it, warehouse it
at their main distribution points (sometimes several States away), then
eventually ship it to their stores.

Too far to drive.
***** Have a Gay Day! *****

John