JimH

Default Marina recommendations in North Carolina

"RCE" wrote in message

"Gene Kearns" wrote in message

You may also want to consider this marina. I used to have my boat
slipped there. There is also some information concerning the area.

--

Grady-White Gulfstream, out of Oak Island, NC.

http://myworkshop.idleplay.net/ Homepage*
http://www.thebayguide.com/rec.boats

Ahem. Ah, which marina is that, Gene?
(methinks maybe you hit the "send" too fast)

RCE

I once heard Dave Mann brag about the super facilities next to the fishin'
pond at the 4H club in Derby, KS. You may want to touch base with him. ;-)

Wayne.B

On Thu, 2 Mar 2006 14:50:12 -0500, "RCE" wrote:

I just got a response from Paul Bennett of Cape Fear Marina in Wilmington,
NC. He says the winters are typically mild, but they do have some days when
it drops below freezing.

And quite a few nights. :-)

Rates certainly sound reasonable compared to the NE and FL, sounds
like a plan. I'd want to give the marina and specific slip assignment
a good on site inspection before making a commitment. They get some
ferocious winter gales along the coast that can be just as damaging as
hurricanes if the marina is exposed to open water of any size.

RCE

"Wayne.B" wrote in message
On Thu, 2 Mar 2006 14:50:12 -0500, "RCE" wrote:

I just got a response from Paul Bennett of Cape Fear Marina in Wilmington,
NC. He says the winters are typically mild, but they do have some days
when
it drops below freezing.

And quite a few nights. :-)

Rates certainly sound reasonable compared to the NE and FL, sounds
like a plan. I'd want to give the marina and specific slip assignment
a good on site inspection before making a commitment. They get some
ferocious winter gales along the coast that can be just as damaging as
hurricanes if the marina is exposed to open water of any size.

I've been checking a few marinas out on the web. Plan is to make a list of
potentials, then take a week and drive down there to check them out.

What I've been doing is getting the address of potential marinas, then
plugging it into Windows Live Local to determine where they are. Looks like
Cape Fear Marina is well inland, up a river from the ocean inlet and right
in downtown Wilmington. If you haven't tried it, Windows Live Local is
pretty cool.
Some areas of the country have "birdseye" views that are close enough to
recognize people.

http://local.live.com/default.aspx?c...le=h&lvl=9&v=1

Hope that link fit ok.

RCE

JohnH

On Thu, 2 Mar 2006 15:31:15 -0500, " JimH" jimh_osudad@yahooDOT
comREMOVETHIS wrote:

"RCE" wrote in message

"Gene Kearns" wrote in message

You may also want to consider this marina. I used to have my boat
slipped there. There is also some information concerning the area.

--

Grady-White Gulfstream, out of Oak Island, NC.

http://myworkshop.idleplay.net/ Homepage*
http://www.thebayguide.com/rec.boats

Ahem. Ah, which marina is that, Gene?
(methinks maybe you hit the "send" too fast)

RCE

I once heard Dave Mann brag about the super facilities next to the fishin'
pond at the 4H club in Derby, KS. You may want to touch base with him. ;-)

Why turn this thread, which has been informative and interesting, into a
personal attack zone?
--
'Til next time,

John H

***** Have a Spectacular Day! *****
RCE

"Gene Kearns" wrote in message
On Thu, 02 Mar 2006 20:01:26 GMT in rec.boats, Gene Kearns penned the
following thoughts:

You may also want to consider this marina. I used to have my boat
slipped there. There is also some information concerning the area.

Ooops..... a link might help, huh?

http://www.southharboursales.com/marina.html

--

Grady-White Gulfstream, out of Oak Island, NC.

http://myworkshop.idleplay.net/
Homepage*
http://www.thebayguide.com/rec.boats

Thanks. I'll check it out.

RCE

RCE

""UglyDan®©T"" wrote in message
It's been awhile since I've been in the area, but if your looking in the
Norfolk area try Willoughby Bay Marina, or Rebel Marine Lane Brigg's
place, He passed away last Sept, but I think one of his son's Jesse or
David runs it now, its not to far off gate's 3a or 4.
Or if you belong to a yacht club (reciprocal moorage?) you could also
try (NYCC) Norfolk Yacht & Country Club on the Lafayette river just off
of Hampton blvd, not too far from the main gate of Norfolk Naval. UD

Thanks. Added to the list to check out.

RCE

Don White

comREMOVETHIS wrote:

"RCE" wrote in message

"Gene Kearns" wrote in message
m...

[...]

When we went to Disneyworld way back in 1993, my wife found and
purchased a metal realistic looking sheriff's badge with her name
(spelled correctly) on it. Wonder if we can order one for John?
note: it looks just like the Lonestar channel version that they keep
shooting at.
JimH

"Don White" wrote in message

comREMOVETHIS wrote:

"RCE" wrote in message

"Gene Kearns" wrote in message
om...

[...]

Good idea. And he can wear it on the days he decides to do the Sheriffin'
around these parts, then take it off other days when he feels it is ok for
*him* to contribute political and other non boating related posts to the
group. ;-)

JohnH

On Thu, 2 Mar 2006 16:27:40 -0500, " JimH" jimh_osudad@yahooDOT
comREMOVETHIS wrote:

.. .
comREMOVETHIS wrote:

"RCE" wrote in message

[...]

Sorry that trying to keep the name-calling out bothers you so much.
--
'Til next time,

John H

***** Have a Spectacular Day! *****