RCE

Default Marina recommendations in North Carolina

"Wayne.B" wrote in message
On Thu, 2 Mar 2006 14:50:12 -0500, "RCE" wrote:

I just got a response from Paul Bennett of Cape Fear Marina in Wilmington,
NC. He says the winters are typically mild, but they do have some days
when
it drops below freezing.

And quite a few nights. :-)

Rates certainly sound reasonable compared to the NE and FL, sounds
like a plan. I'd want to give the marina and specific slip assignment
a good on site inspection before making a commitment. They get some
ferocious winter gales along the coast that can be just as damaging as
hurricanes if the marina is exposed to open water of any size.

I've been checking a few marinas out on the web. Plan is to make a list of
potentials, then take a week and drive down there to check them out.

What I've been doing is getting the address of potential marinas, then
plugging it into Windows Live Local to determine where they are. Looks like
Cape Fear Marina is well inland, up a river from the ocean inlet and right
in downtown Wilmington. If you haven't tried it, Windows Live Local is
pretty cool.
Some areas of the country have "birdseye" views that are close enough to
recognize people.

http://local.live.com/default.aspx?c...le=h&lvl=9&v=1

Hope that link fit ok.

RCE