JohnH

Default Poor Dick Cheney - the saga continues (guffaw)

On 15 Feb 2006 12:59:17 -0800, wrote:

JimH wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

Calif Bill wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

NOYB wrote:
"DSK" wrote in message
After the White House reluctantly conceded yesterday that it sat on
the
blockbuster news that Cheney shot a hunting buddy Saturday, the
veep's
office revealed he didn't even have the proper $7 stamp on his
hunting
license to shoot quail in Texas.

NOYB wrote:
He didn't shoot a quail. He shot a Whittington.

Doesn't matter. If you're in the woods with a gun, during hunting
season,
you darn well better have all the paperwork in order.

It's kind of like sitting in a boat, with a fishing rod, and line,
hook,
bait, etc etc.... and the wildlife enforcement asks to see your
fishing
license. You can't just tell him, "Don't need one, we ain't caught
nothin'
anyhow."

You can still fish for snook in Florida without a snook stamp...as
long
as
you have a valid fishing license...and don't keep any snook.

If Cheney wasn't in possession of any quail, he could easily argue he
was
hunting for squirrel or other rodents.

So you think it's quite acceptable for the VP to attempt to poach, then
when caught, lie?

He had a license, just not a new type stamp.

Uh, the stamp IS the license to hunt quail. He didn't have it. He
poached.

So?

So, he was hunting without a license. It's against the law in Texas. Do
you think it's acceptable for the VP of the U.S. to break the law?

No. He should pay his fine, just like everyone else is paying theirs.
--
'Til next time,

John H

***** Have a Spectacular Day! *****
JohnH

On Wed, 15 Feb 2006 21:02:43 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
wrote:

wrote in message
roups.com...

So, he was hunting without a license. It's against the law in Texas. Do
you think it's acceptable for the VP of the U.S. to break the law?

I wonder if the law there works like fishing regs here. If you're fishing a
pond on private property, there are no legal "seasons" on the fish. You're
dumb to do it unless you're loaded with extra bass or whatever. But, you can
do it.

In any place I've hunted, the season was the season, whether on private
property (which most of it was) or not.
--
'Til next time,

John H

***** Have a Spectacular Day! *****
Doug Kanter

"JohnH" wrote in message
On Wed, 15 Feb 2006 21:02:43 GMT, "Doug Kanter"

wrote:

wrote in message
groups.com...

So, he was hunting without a license. It's against the law in Texas. Do
you think it's acceptable for the VP of the U.S. to break the law?

I wonder if the law there works like fishing regs here. If you're fishing
pond on private property, there are no legal "seasons" on the fish. You're
dumb to do it unless you're loaded with extra bass or whatever. But, you
can
do it.

In any place I've hunted, the season was the season, whether on private
property (which most of it was) or not.
--
'Til next time,

John H

Different for fish, I guess. They have a tendency to stay put once you put
them in the pond. Usually.

Calif Bill

wrote in message
oups.com...

Calif Bill wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

Calif Bill wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

NOYB wrote:
[...]

No, the license required to hunt is a hunting license. Extra stamps may
be
required, but it is not the hunting license. We have to have a fishing
license. Plus if you fish in San Francisco bay all the way to Redding on
the
Sac River, you are required to have a delta enhancement stamp. You get
caught without one, you do not get a fishing without a license ticket.
You
get another type ticket.

Holy Hell!! I really don't care about what you WRONGLY think. Show me
the CA statute that states that if you are caught without the proper
stamp, that it IS NOT hunting without license/permit?

Different fines. No license and the ticket is about $500. A couple of the
judges give the person the choice of the fine or buy a lifetime license.
Wrong, or missing stamp is probably a $100 TICKET.

Calif Bill

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message

"JohnH" wrote in message
On Wed, 15 Feb 2006 21:02:43 GMT, "Doug Kanter"

wrote:

wrote in message
egroups.com...

So, he was hunting without a license. It's against the law in Texas. Do
you think it's acceptable for the VP of the U.S. to break the law?

I wonder if the law there works like fishing regs here. If you're fishing
pond on private property, there are no legal "seasons" on the fish.
You're
dumb to do it unless you're loaded with extra bass or whatever. But, you
can
do it.

In any place I've hunted, the season was the season, whether on private
property (which most of it was) or not.
--
'Til next time,

John H

Different for fish, I guess. They have a tendency to stay put once you put
them in the pond. Usually.

In Calif, different season length for gamebird farms. Since they raise the
birds and release them to be hunted, it also helps the wild birds. Removes
some pressure, and they have to release more than are shot.