JimH

Default My Stupor Bowl plans...

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
I plan to listen to Aretha Franklin and Aaron Neville sing the national
anthem. I plan to watch some of the Stupor Bowl commercials. I might watch
the Stones' half-time show. I have to figure out how to program my TV to
skip the boring, football part. {}

My wife is wondering if Mick will have a costume malfunction.

We plan to watch it, hoping for a Seattle win. Based on Tom's record here
on football playoff game predictions, I am glad he is calling for a
Steeler's win.........put your money on Seattle. ;-)

Don White

Harry Krause wrote:
JimH wrote:

"Harry Krause" wrote in message

I plan to listen to Aretha Franklin and Aaron Neville sing the
national anthem. I plan to watch some of the Stupor Bowl commercials.
I might watch the Stones' half-time show. I have to figure out how to
program my TV to skip the boring, football part. {}

My wife is wondering if Mick will have a costume malfunction.

We plan to watch it, hoping for a Seattle win. Based on Tom's record
here on football playoff game predictions, I am glad he is calling for
a Steeler's win.........put your money on Seattle. ;-)

I'm just not a fan of pro football. But I did go to the first Super Bowl
game as a "crowd color reporter" for the KC Star. That meant I walked
through the stands looking for fans from KC and asked them silly
questions about the game, why they were there, and how much fun they
were having.

I was hoping to have my new HDTV delivered by now so I could try it out
on the game. My salesman will be in at 1330 AST so I'll call back then.
(stupid things have to be shipped from Toronto)
If it's not coming by noon tomorrow, I have to re-schedule my cable
provider's appointment to upgrade my service.
Supposed to be mild and rainy this weekend...would have been a good time
to test drive the Sony 30 Widescreen CRT HDTV.
thunder

On Fri, 03 Feb 2006 10:53:43 -0500, Harry Krause wrote:

I'm just not a fan of pro football.

As you have mentioned Costa Rica in the past:

JohnH

On Sat, 04 Feb 2006 07:21:01 -0500, thunder wrote:

On Fri, 03 Feb 2006 10:53:43 -0500, Harry Krause wrote:

I'm just not a fan of pro football.

As you have mentioned Costa Rica in the past:

I had to laugh when I read this line: ""Today, people are more educated and
they can talk about politics without fighting".

The author must not visit this group!
--
'Til next time,

John H

***** Have a Spectacular Day! *****
JohnH

On Sat, 04 Feb 2006 08:04:02 -0500, Harry Krause
wrote:

JohnH wrote:
On Sat, 04 Feb 2006 07:21:01 -0500, thunder wrote:

On Fri, 03 Feb 2006 10:53:43 -0500, Harry Krause wrote:

I'm just not a fan of pro football.
As you have mentioned Costa Rica in the past:

I had to laugh when I read this line: ""Today, people are more educated and
they can talk about politics without fighting".

The author must not visit this group!
--
'Til next time,

John H

***** Have a Spectacular Day! *****

I have frequent political discussions with folks from all over the
spectrum and it's never as snarly as it is in this newsgroup.

Maybe they're just more appreciated in alt.politics.guns or alt.obituaries,
where you are well liked and respected.
--
'Til next time,

John H

***** Have a Spectacular Day! *****

Don White

Harry Krause wrote:
thunder wrote:

On Fri, 03 Feb 2006 10:53:43 -0500, Harry Krause wrote:

I'm just not a fan of pro football.

As you have mentioned Costa Rica in the past:

Ah, thanks...I'm sure if I move to Costa Rica, I'll really be upset over
not being able to buy a drink when the local election day coincides
with the Stupor Bowl! :}

Let's see. Tomorrow, it's predicted to be 82F with scattered clouds in
the Golfito area of Costa Rica. Yes, if I were there, I'd certainly be
thinking about the Stupor Bowl in Detroit.

They probably should ban drinking in Detroit over the weekend. Might
make it safer for the thousands of tourists.
JohnH

wrote:

JohnH wrote:
On Sat, 04 Feb 2006 07:21:01 -0500, thunder wrote:

On Fri, 03 Feb 2006 10:53:43 -0500, Harry Krause wrote:

I'm just not a fan of pro football.
As you have mentioned Costa Rica in the past:

I had to laugh when I read this line: ""Today, people are more educated and
they can talk about politics without fighting".

The author must not visit this group!
--
'Til next time,

John H

***** Have a Spectacular Day! *****
I have frequent political discussions with folks from all over the
spectrum and it's never as snarly as it is in this newsgroup.

Maybe they're just more appreciated in alt.politics.guns or alt.obituaries,
where you are well liked and respected.
--
'Til next time,

John H

A. I don't read or and don't believe I post in alt.politics.guns(thought
a cross post is possible) although the moderator of a gun newsgroup
wrote me and said he was posting some of my posts there in
alt.politics.guns because he said I had a "unique and interesting
perspective" on some aspects of the 2nd Amendment.

Most of my political discussions are in person, with live, breathing
people, and in meetings or social gatherings, not in a newsgroup
populated by anonymous scaredy-cats.

B. Your second comment is continuing proof that in your heart of hearts,
you remain a snarky asshole. It sorta makes your behavior as newsgroup
netcop more ludicrous than it even is.

And no, John, I'm not interested in reading what I understand are your
nasty little posts about me in "a.politics," or whatever the name is of
that newsgroup you keep pimping here.

Oh Harry. Do you really think I *own* a newsgroup? No, it's simply an empty
group which would be quite appropriate for political/religious crap so as
to keep it out of here. There's nothing to be afraid of in a.politics.
--
'Til next time,

John H

***** Have a Spectacular Day! *****
Bert Robbins

wrote:

[...]

Harry stays away from the political groups because he would get his ass
handed to him just like he does when starts his poliitical spewings here.

kayak plans second post k General 8 November 27th 05 12:10 AM
WTB Kayak plans k General 15 November 14th 05 08:11 PM
Plans for cedar strip type round bottom sailing skiff [email protected] Boat Building 3 October 29th 05 01:22 AM