Default Plans for cedar strip type round bottom sailing skiff

I'm searching for plans that could be used to create a round bottom
sailing skiff using the cedar strip type construction. I was thinking
of something anywhere from 10' to 14' long. I was hoping to find
something trim and handsome, with probably a single sail.

It doesn't have to have a deck forward, but that probably is what a
skiff is anyway, open.

A smallish day sailer would work too, but I'm having trouble finding
round bottom versions of them.

Lots of stitch and glue plywood boats out there but I'm really not
interested in building using that type of construction.

Any hints? Names? Companies?

Newfound Woodworks Inc. has a Newfound Wherry that they've put a sail
to that looks very much like what I'm talking about. And perhaps
that's what I'll end up building. But I thought I'd check the
collective knowledge and see if there are other such plans out there.

See http://www.newfound.com/wherry.htm for the Newfound Wherry.

Thanks all, Corky Scott
William R. Watt

I've seen photos of the kind of boat you are looking for, "stripper'
construction for small dingy's and rowboats. The website also had the best
set of photos I've ever seen depicting the stripper construction method.
Unfortuanately it was a few years ago and I don't recall the webiste
address. I'd try a search under "stripper dingy" or similar. You might
also tryy going to www.boat-links.com and trying a search of the website
on "stripper". The site has links to many free and not-free boat plans.

If you use non-stripper plans for stripper construction you have to insert
additional building molds because the srtips are too flexible to use the
mold spacing for carvel or lapstrake construction. The stripper molds
should be no more than 12" or so apart.

homepage: www.ncf.ca/~ag384/top.htm

Jonathan W.

wrote:

[...]

Clark Craft has an array of kits for strip building. for many months I
coveted this strip built dinghy:
http://www.clarkcraft.com/cgi-local/...694cab27928c59
which they call Classic Dinghy 10' Cedar. When I looked tonight, I
could not find the page where they show it with a sailing rig option,
but I am 100% certain they did offer it as such.

I eventually went for the stitch and glue Argie 10 by Dudley Dix, which
I built for my daughter, but i still want to build the cedar one

Clark Craft has an interesting site in any event, just browsing around
you'll find a lot of info I think. www.clarkcraft.com

Have fun,

Jonathan

--
I am building my daughter an Argie 10 sailing dinghy, check it out:
http://home.comcast.net/~jonsailr