Default Floriduh - A Passing Fad

Life is so awful down here in FL in January that I just gotta go
sailing to get my mind offa it. We haveta put up with fishing in
liquid water from boats while you people in nicer places get to
comfortably sit on solid water and fish in january. When I do go
sailing here in N. FL, it is so lonely that I hardly ever see another
boat. I bet you guys are really glad to have all that interesting
civilization to look at while you sail, all we have is wilderness for
130 miles to the east and hardly nothing to the west for 60 miles. I
wish we wuz civilized enough to have channel markers but damn we dont
even got channels! I am so tired of slatherin on the "Skin-so-Soft" for
the "no-see-um" bugs I caint hardly stand it that I might have to stop
fishin in an hour or so an go find a good redneck bar and cry in my
beer while eating fresh oysters and smoked mullet wishing all your po'
old relatives werent so mizrable down here.

NOYB

"Skipper" wrote in message
"Wayne.B" wrote:

Skipper wrote:

Floriduh was once the place you set world land speed records. That honor
has long since passed to western states. Floriduh once had great fishing
and freedoms, not any more. The best fishing is now found on the West
Coast and Pacific waters. Would seem Floriduh has been religated as a
place for retirees and the non adventurous. Those with real
get-up-and-go, with true adventurous spirits, the non whoosies with real
drive, well, they go west and really live. Of course, that is just my
personal...unbiased opinion.

attempt at trolling the news group and starting a new flame fest...

Well, if your opinion about the comparison should differ, make the case
for Floriduh boating. Then again, if you agree with my observation,
suppose you would see it as hitting below the belt.

OK. Later today, I'm going fishing at the 5 mile reefs to target grouper,
snapper, cobia and sheepshead. Tomorrow, I'm hooking up the smaller boat to
tow an hour and 50 minutes across Alligator Alley and fish 2.5 miles
offshore for Sailfish, kingfish, and wahoo.

How's the fishing this time of the year in Kansas?

NOYB

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
. ..
Skipper wrote:

--
Skipper

Yes, I think it would be fun to compare the boating opportunities of
Florida with those available to you where you live, Snipper. Why don't you
tell us about all the great blue-water adventures in and around Derby,
Kansas?

Maybe Skipper is trying to decide which coast to move to if he ever wins the
lottery and buys a boat.

In that case, the West coast is a much nicer place.

NOYB

wrote in message
On Thu, 26 Jan 2006 19:18:38 -0600, Skipper wrote:

Floriduh was once the place you set world land speed records. That honor
has long since passed to western states. Floriduh once had great fishing
and freedoms, not any more. The best fishing is now found on the West
Coast and Pacific waters. Would seem Floriduh has been religated as a
place for retirees and the non adventurous. Those with real
get-up-and-go, with true adventurous spirits, the non whoosies with real
drive, well, they go west and really live. Of course, that just my
personal observation.

Amen brother. It really sucks down here. Tell your friends, tell your
neighbors. You forgot alligators, snakes, hurricanes, tornados and
bugs the size of your thumb. Stay away!!! It's terrible!

I concur.

DSK

wrote
Amen brother. It really sucks down here. Tell your friends, tell your
neighbors. You forgot alligators, snakes, hurricanes, tornados and
bugs the size of your thumb. Stay away!!! It's terrible!

NOYB wrote:
I concur.

And let's make sure that everybody knows NORTH CAROLINA IS
WORSE!

DSK

JohnH

wrote

NOYB wrote:
I concur.

And let's make sure that everybody knows NORTH CAROLINA IS
WORSE!

DSK

New Bern. Wife's interested, she heard about it at work. My younger
daughter may leave the DC area, and I'll be right behind her. As the other
daughter lives in Richmond, North Carolina seems like a better and better
choice and still be in driving distance.
--
'Til next time,

John H

***** Have a Spectacular Day! *****
Wayne.B

On Fri, 27 Jan 2006 17:06:08 GMT, "NOYB" wrote:

Tomorrow, I'm hooking up the smaller boat to
tow an hour and 50 minutes across Alligator Alley and fish 2.5 miles
offshore for Sailfish, kingfish, and wahoo.

Where do you launch on the east coast? Any trailer parking issues?

Wayne.B

On Fri, 27 Jan 2006 12:35:05 -0500, DSK wrote:

And let's make sure that everybody knows NORTH CAROLINA IS
WORSE!

Oh no, compared to Kansas, North Carolina is paradise.

NOYB

"Wayne.B" wrote in message
On Fri, 27 Jan 2006 17:06:08 GMT, "NOYB" wrote:

Tomorrow, I'm hooking up the smaller boat to
tow an hour and 50 minutes across Alligator Alley and fish 2.5 miles
offshore for Sailfish, kingfish, and wahoo.

Where do you launch on the east coast? Any trailer parking issues?

Haulover. I've only been there once, and there was plenty of parking...but
it wasn't during season.

We're leaving the house at 4:30am, so we clear the pass by sunrise. We
might put the trip on hold 'til Saturday due to predicted 15-20knot winds
out of the East on Friday and early Saturday.

Skipper

NOYB wrote:

OK. Later today, I'm going fishing at the 5 mile reefs to
target...sheepshead.

Sheepshead? Jeeze, that's like pullin up discarded bicycle tires.
Triggerfish put up a real fight and are worth eatin. Down Mexico way the
boys filet em for ya soon as the boat hits the dock. Triggers are
probably the fightenest fish pound for pound you can sling aboard.

Tomorrow, I'm hooking up the smaller boat to tow an hour and 50 minutes
across Alligator Alley and fish for Sailfish.

Would seem you have a truly trailerable boat then. Wouldn't want to lug
a Parker 25 that far.

--
Skipper