Skipper

Default Floriduh - A Passing Fad

Harry Krause wrote:

Skipper wrote:
NOYB wrote:

OK. Later today, I'm going fishing at the 5 mile reefs to
target...sheepshead.

Sheepshead? Jeeze, that's like pullin up discarded bicycle tires.
Triggerfish put up a real fight and are worth eatin. Down Mexico way the
boys filet em for ya soon as the boat hits the dock. Triggers are
probably the fightenest fish pound for pound you can sling aboard.

Everyone is on to you and your trolls, whitebread.

So, what do you use when you're going after the big ones in the
Chesapeake, a lobstaboat? I can only use what's available, and in this
case it's the truth.

--
Skipper
Reggie Smithers

Skipper wrote:
NOYB wrote:

OK. Later today, I'm going fishing at the 5 mile reefs to
target...sheepshead.

Sheepshead? Jeeze, that's like pullin up discarded bicycle tires.
Triggerfish put up a real fight and are worth eatin. Down Mexico way the
boys filet em for ya soon as the boat hits the dock. Triggers are
probably the fightenest fish pound for pound you can sling aboard.

Tomorrow, I'm hooking up the smaller boat to tow an hour and 50 minutes
across Alligator Alley and fish for Sailfish.

Would seem you have a truly trailerable boat then. Wouldn't want to lug
a Parker 25 that far.

--
Skipper

Skipper,
From what you have said in here, you took a few very memorable trips to
Mexico as a kid, took a few great trips as an adult.

I am curious as to when your next trip will be.

--
Reggie
That's my story and I am sticking to it.

Reggie Smithers

Harry Krause wrote:
Reggie Smithers wrote:
Skipper wrote:
NOYB wrote:

OK. Later today, I'm going fishing at the 5 mile reefs to
target...sheepshead.
Sheepshead? Jeeze, that's like pullin up discarded bicycle tires.
Triggerfish put up a real fight and are worth eatin. Down Mexico way the
boys filet em for ya soon as the boat hits the dock. Triggers are
probably the fightenest fish pound for pound you can sling aboard.

Tomorrow, I'm hooking up the smaller boat to tow an hour and 50 minutes
across Alligator Alley and fish for Sailfish.
Would seem you have a truly trailerable boat then. Wouldn't want to lug
a Parker 25 that far.

--
Skipper

Skipper,
From what you have said in here, you took a few very memorable trips
to Mexico as a kid, took a few great trips as an adult.

I am curious as to when your next trip will be.

Down the stairs. He has knee trouble. He also doesn't know the
difference between east coast sheepshead and west coast sheephead.
Why are you engaging him? You think he is doing anything other than
trolling for a bite?

Harry,
Skipper said he is trying to have some boating discussions, and I am
giving him the benefit of the doubt that he is not just trolling. I do
think the Sea of Cortes is very unique and beautiful place. It is not
the end all of all boating meccas, but I would enjoy doing some
cruising. If Skipper is not just trolling for a fight, I figure he will
get it back on topic if I ask some legitimate questions.

--
Reggie
That's my story and I am sticking to it.

JimH

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
Reggie Smithers wrote:
Skipper wrote:
NOYB wrote:

OK. Later today, I'm going fishing at the 5 mile reefs to
target...sheepshead.
Sheepshead? Jeeze, that's like pullin up discarded bicycle tires.
Triggerfish put up a real fight and are worth eatin. Down Mexico way the
boys filet em for ya soon as the boat hits the dock. Triggers are
probably the fightenest fish pound for pound you can sling aboard.

Tomorrow, I'm hooking up the smaller boat to tow an hour and 50 minutes
across Alligator Alley and fish for Sailfish.
Would seem you have a truly trailerable boat then. Wouldn't want to lug
a Parker 25 that far.

--
Skipper

Skipper,
From what you have said in here, you took a few very memorable trips to
Mexico as a kid, took a few great trips as an adult.

I am curious as to when your next trip will be.

Down the stairs. He has knee trouble. He also doesn't know the difference
between east coast sheepshead and west coast sheephead.
Why are you engaging him? You think he is doing anything other than
trolling for a bite?

He has been a PITA since he came back and has done nothing but try to cause
problems here....almost like a bad rash that never goes away.

JohnH

On Fri, 27 Jan 2006 16:43:35 -0500, Harry Krause
wrote:

Skipper wrote:
NOYB wrote:

OK. Later today, I'm going fishing at the 5 mile reefs to
target...sheepshead.

Sheepshead? Jeeze, that's like pullin up discarded bicycle tires.
Triggerfish put up a real fight and are worth eatin. Down Mexico way the
boys filet em for ya soon as the boat hits the dock. Triggers are
probably the fightenest fish pound for pound you can sling aboard.

Everyone is on to you and your trolls, whitebread.

And as long as you respond to them, he'll keep up.
--
'Til next time,

John H

***** Have a Spectacular Day! *****

JimH

wrote:

Skipper wrote:
NOYB wrote:

OK. Later today, I'm going fishing at the 5 mile reefs to
target...sheepshead.

Sheepshead? Jeeze, that's like pullin up discarded bicycle tires.
Triggerfish put up a real fight and are worth eatin. Down Mexico way the
boys filet em for ya soon as the boat hits the dock. Triggers are
probably the fightenest fish pound for pound you can sling aboard.

Everyone is on to you and your trolls, whitebread.

And as long as you respond to them, he'll keep up.
--

As you have been doing John?

JohnH

On Fri, 27 Jan 2006 17:44:33 -0500, " JimH" jimh_osudad@yahooDOT
comREMOVETHIS wrote:

.. .
wrote:

Skipper wrote:
NOYB wrote:

OK. Later today, I'm going fishing at the 5 mile reefs to
target...sheepshead.

Sheepshead? Jeeze, that's like pullin up discarded bicycle tires.
Triggerfish put up a real fight and are worth eatin. Down Mexico way the
boys filet em for ya soon as the boat hits the dock. Triggers are
probably the fightenest fish pound for pound you can sling aboard.

Everyone is on to you and your trolls, whitebread.

And as long as you respond to them, he'll keep up.
--

As you have been doing John?

Answered in a.politics.
--
'Til next time,

John H

***** Have a Spectacular Day! *****
Dan Krueger

JimH wrote:

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
. ..

Skipper wrote:

Floriduh was once the place you set world land speed records. That honor
has long since passed to western states. Floriduh once had great fishing
and freedoms, not any more. The best fishing is now found on the West
Coast and Pacific waters. Would seem Floriduh has been religated as a
place for retirees and the non adventurous. Those with real
get-up-and-go, with true adventurous spirits, the non whoosies with real
drive, well, they go west and really live. Of course, that just my
personal observation.

--
Skipper

You're really trying, eh, Snipper?

And all the time while living in the boating capital of Derby, Kansas and
flaming coastal states and cities.

Senility or penis envy?

Nope, dementia.

Dan
Ed

Yeah is sux down here.... 3 weeks ago a boat off Palm beach released 39
sailfish in one day..... I have never seen that kind of fishing off CR
or any other pacific local. Also... Our water is still WARM in the
winter and the islands are still only 42 NM away from our coast SO.....

Florida SUX... STAY HOME!!!!! A southern man don't need you around
anyhow..... (If all the yankees stay'd home, this would still be
paradise.... )

Skipper wrote:
Floriduh was once the place you set world land speed records. That honor
has long since passed to western states. Floriduh once had great fishing
and freedoms, not any more. The best fishing is now found on the West
Coast and Pacific waters. Would seem Floriduh has been religated as a
place for retirees and the non adventurous. Those with real
get-up-and-go, with true adventurous spirits, the non whoosies with real
drive, well, they go west and really live. Of course, that just my
personal observation.

--
Skipper

NOYB

NOYB wrote:
"Wayne.B" wrote in message
On Fri, 27 Jan 2006 17:06:08 GMT, "NOYB" wrote:

Tomorrow, I'm hooking up the smaller boat to
tow an hour and 50 minutes across Alligator Alley and fish 2.5 miles
offshore for Sailfish, kingfish, and wahoo.
Where do you launch on the east coast? Any trailer parking issues?

Haulover. I've only been there once, and there was plenty of
parking...but it wasn't during season.

We're leaving the house at 4:30am, so we clear the pass by sunrise. We
might put the trip on hold 'til Saturday due to predicted 15-20knot winds
out of the East on Friday and early Saturday.

We stay on the other side of the bridge from Haulover.

Then as you know, Haulover can be a messy inlet on a new moon outgoing tide
with a strong onshore wind...which is exactly what is predicted for
tomorrow. Winds are out of the east at 15-20 knots, and seas are 7 to 9 feet
on top of a 3 foot swell. Perfect sailfish conditions...but not when you're
going out in an 18' Boston Whaler...so our plans have changed.

Instead, we're running in the Grady to the one of the DoD towers southwest
of Marco on this coast. Seas are predicted to be 2-4 late
Saturday...decreasing to 2' or less by Sunday.