Eisboch

Default Firefox

I just downloaded and installed the just released, updated Firefox and
Thunderbird programs to this (new) laptop. I noticed that Firefox still has
a minor, but annoying habit of defaulting to a small text size everytime I
open it. I keep setting the text size to a larger font but it keeps
defaulting back to the smaller size whenever I close, then reopen the
browser.

Any of you Firefox users know how to make the text size setting permanent?

Eisboch - off to mess around with Thunderbird now.

*JimH*

"Eisboch" wrote in message
I just downloaded and installed the just released, updated Firefox and
Thunderbird programs to this (new) laptop. I noticed that Firefox still
has a minor, but annoying habit of defaulting to a small text size
everytime I open it. I keep setting the text size to a larger font but it
keeps defaulting back to the smaller size whenever I close, then reopen the
browser.

Any of you Firefox users know how to make the text size setting permanent?

Eisboch - off to mess around with Thunderbird now.

I download v 1.5 yesterday and have no problems with the text size.

Try posting your problem to the forums at pcpitstop.com and I am sure you
will get prompt and accurate advice.

You can also try some of the firefox and mozilla forums on the net.

Eisboch

Harry Krause wrote:
Eisboch wrote:

I just downloaded and installed the just released, updated Firefox and
Thunderbird programs to this (new) laptop. I noticed that Firefox
still has a minor, but annoying habit of defaulting to a small text
size everytime I open it. I keep setting the text size to a larger
font but it keeps defaulting back to the smaller size whenever I
close, then reopen the browser.

Any of you Firefox users know how to make the text size setting
permanent?

Eisboch - off to mess around with Thunderbird now.

Try Tools, Options, Content, Fonts-Colors/Advanced and play around with
the options there. And note the check box for over-riding page fonts.

That worked. Thanks.

Eisboch

Eisboch

Harry Krause wrote:

You want a giggle? A major software vendor has selected me to be a beta
tester for an upcoming *Italian* version of its software. Somewhere I
must have answered a survey question positively when it asked, "Do you
like Italian food?"

Parlate e leggete italiano?

Eisboch

Eisboch

Harry Krause wrote:
Eisboch wrote:

Harry Krause wrote:

You want a giggle? A major software vendor has selected me to be a
beta tester for an upcoming *Italian* version of its software.
Somewhere I must have answered a survey question positively when it
asked, "Do you like Italian food?"

Parlate e leggete italiano?

Eisboch

I had four years of Latin in high school, and I like Italian food.
I can read a little Italian, and I can ask for a few necessities.

I did it the easy way. I married an Italian.

Eisboch (also cheats with free translation)
Eisboch

On Wed, 30 Nov 2005 19:20:42 -0500, "Eisboch" wrote:

Eisboch - off to mess around with Thunderbird now.

I love Thunderbird - it's a great client program.

Firefox I've found has problems displaying non-embedded photos - by
non-embedded, I mean photos that don't have the color curves and
framework embedded into the image. I don't think they've ever fixed
that. It's the same with Opera and that silly Mac program.

Later,

Tom

Hi Tom,

I had not used Firefox for a while because I noticed the same problem.
Plugins where often required that were not available. Last evening when I
was playing with the new release I noticed that at least some plugins are
now available. It seems they are slowing filling in the gaps.

Eisboch

John H.

On Thu, 01 Dec 2005 03:20:16 GMT, Shortwave Sportfishing
wrote:

On Wed, 30 Nov 2005 19:20:42 -0500, "Eisboch" wrote:

Eisboch - off to mess around with Thunderbird now.

I love Thunderbird - it's a great client program.

Firefox I've found has problems displaying non-embedded photos - by
non-embedded, I mean photos that don't have the color curves and
framework embedded into the image. I don't think they've ever fixed
that. It's the same with Opera and that silly Mac program.

Later,

Tom

Are you talking about the orientation of the photos? I've noticed that if I try
to put a photo in Yahoo Photos after I've changed the orientation, the change
won't take. I've removed the EXIF data and that seemed to work.
--
John H

"It's not a *baby* kicking, beautiful bride, it's just a fetus!"
[A Self-obsessed Hypocrite]
John H.

On Thu, 01 Dec 2005 13:18:00 GMT, Shortwave Sportfishing
wrote:

wrote:

On Wed, 30 Nov 2005 19:20:42 -0500, "Eisboch" wrote:

Eisboch - off to mess around with Thunderbird now.

I love Thunderbird - it's a great client program.

Firefox I've found has problems displaying non-embedded photos - by
non-embedded, I mean photos that don't have the color curves and
framework embedded into the image. I don't think they've ever fixed
that. It's the same with Opera and that silly Mac program.

Are you talking about the orientation of the photos? I've noticed that if I try
to put a photo in Yahoo Photos after I've changed the orientation, the change
won't take. I've removed the EXIF data and that seemed to work.

No. some browsers, notably Opera, Firefox and that Mac crap, require
embedded color curve and distribution data in the image to properly
display the it. IE doesn't and at one time, Netscape didn't - don't
know if it does now.

EXIF data shouldn't have any effect on orientation - it's just data on
the who, what and where of the technical data on the image.

Later,

Tom

That's what I thought, about the EXIF data. But, if I changed the orientation
(i.e., rotated) a picture, and then tried to put it in a Yahoo Photo album, the
old orientation would return. Only by rotating and then removing the original
EXIF data was I able to get the new orientation to take in Yahoo. Maybe it's
something to do with Yahoo.

wrote:

Firefox I've found has problems

This is not a FireFox problem by any stretch of the imagination.
FireFox correctly renders CSS. Imperfect Exploder does not.

Web page designers go for the masses (ie, IE users.)
If it "passes" the IE test, page is ok.

As FireFox gains more share IE will have to follow the OFFICIAL rules
not the REDMOND rules, or will lose even more users.