Doug Kanter

Default Firefox

On Wed, 30 Nov 2005 19:20:42 -0500, "Eisboch" wrote:

Eisboch - off to mess around with Thunderbird now.

I love Thunderbird - it's a great client program.

Firefox I've found has problems displaying non-embedded photos - by
non-embedded, I mean photos that don't have the color curves and
framework embedded into the image. I don't think they've ever fixed
that. It's the same with Opera and that silly Mac program.

Later,

Tom

Is there an example that's easy to provide a link for?

On Thu, 01 Dec 2005 20:11:49 GMT, Shortwave Sportfishing
wrote:

It does not - it never has. Take a image from my site - any one of
them - http://www.swsports.org/images and look at it in Firefox. Then
bring up that same image in Photoshop or Paint Shop Pro - you will see
the difference. IE handles CSS well - Firefox, Opera and others
don't. Otherwise, why would you have to embed data via Photoshop and
PSP to make it display properly on Firefox or Opera?

You got it backwards.

http://www.positioniseverything.net/

Doug Kanter

On Thu, 01 Dec 2005 08:37:30 -0500, Harry Krause
wrote:

Shortwave Sportfishing wrote:
On Wed, 30 Nov 2005 19:20:42 -0500, "Eisboch" wrote:

Eisboch - off to mess around with Thunderbird now.

I love Thunderbird - it's a great client program.

Firefox I've found has problems displaying non-embedded photos - by
non-embedded, I mean photos that don't have the color curves and
framework embedded into the image. I don't think they've ever fixed
that. It's the same with Opera and that silly Mac program.

Give me an example of a page with a non-embedded photo...thanks.

Go to http://www.swsports.org/images and bring up a photo in Firefox.
Then bring it up in Photoshop or Paint Shop Pro - you'll see the
difference.

Later,

Tom

Tom, I honestly don't see a difference. I'm using Paintshop Pro version 6.00
and Firefox 1.0.7. I viewed it in Paintshop by first saving the image to
disk, then opening it as usual.

Eisboch

Know what? I screwed up.

I can't at the moment, but I'll post an non-embedded image later.

Later,

Tom

I don't have PhotoShop or PaintShop Pro installed on this computer yet, but
I opened your pics in both IE and Firefox. Looked the same to me. One of
them hesitated in loading for a sec (Firefox) and a brief message came up
saying the image could not be displayed due to errors, but then the message
went away and the image appeared.

Eisboch

*JimH*

wrote:

It does not - it never has. Take a image from my site - any one of
them - http://www.swsports.org/images and look at it in Firefox. Then
bring up that same image in Photoshop or Paint Shop Pro - you will see
the difference. IE handles CSS well - Firefox, Opera and others
don't. Otherwise, why would you have to embed data via Photoshop and
PSP to make it display properly on Firefox or Opera?

You got it backwards.

http://www.positioniseverything.net/

Well, I've already admitted that I'm wrong, I'm here in front of God
and everybody that I'm wrong.

Ok? I AM WRONG!!!!

Firefox still sucks. :)

Later,

Tom

Wrong again Tom.

Twice in one night?

Jim Carter

"Eisboch" wrote in message
'Tis the season to be jolly ......
fa la la la la..... la la la la.

Eisboch :-)

I like your attitude! ;-)

Jim C.

*JimH*

news

. ..

wrote:

It does not - it never has. Take a image from my site - any one of
them - http://www.swsports.org/images and look at it in Firefox. Then
bring up that same image in Photoshop or Paint Shop Pro - you will see
the difference. IE handles CSS well - Firefox, Opera and others
don't. Otherwise, why would you have to embed data via Photoshop and
PSP to make it display properly on Firefox or Opera?

You got it backwards.

http://www.positioniseverything.net/

Well, I've already admitted that I'm wrong, I'm here in front of God
and everybody that I'm wrong.

Ok? I AM WRONG!!!!

Firefox still sucks. :)

Wrong again Tom.

Twice in one night?

Hey - I'm man enough to admit it.

Something a lot of people around here could practice on occasion I
might add. :)

Later,

Tom

I agree, and have either admitted to my errors and/or apologized for them.

Did you miss those posts Tom?

Regardless..............have a good one.

*JimH*

wrote:

[...]

I'm man enough to admit when you are wrong, but I'm nice enough not to rub
your face in it.

Good one Harry. That was the funniest line I read over the past few nights.

Thanks for the good laugh. ;-)

*JimH*

wrote:

[...]

We who sit and wait salute you.

--

You (and your comrades) sit and wait? Indeed..............to be proved the
fool again. ;-)