Sir Rodney Smithers

Default Canon PowerShot A610 Digital Camera

I am trying to find a camera for my college age daughter.

I want the best combination of compact size and quality.

Does anyone have any recommendations of cameras I should look at?

Does anyone have any experience with the Canon PowerShot A610 Digital
Camera?

John H.

On Sun, 20 Nov 2005 09:26:54 -0500, "Sir Rodney Smithers" Ask me about my
knighthood. wrote:

I am trying to find a camera for my college age daughter.

I want the best combination of compact size and quality.

Does anyone have any recommendations of cameras I should look at?

Does anyone have any experience with the Canon PowerShot A610 Digital
Camera?

Get her the Nikon D50. Then, in a few years, she can upgrade to the Nikon D2X.

http://www.penncamera.com/store/item...ARTMENT_ID=329

She'll love you.
--
John H

"It's *not* a baby kicking, bride of mine, it's just a fetus!"

A Famous Hypocrite
Sir Rodney Smithers

JohnH,

I screwed up. I need to update my criteria.

I want the best combination of compact size, quality and PRICE.

Thank you for your help. ; )

ps I can get the powershot a610 for $269 vs. $699 for the Nikon.

Remember this is a college student.

knighthood. wrote:

I am trying to find a camera for my college age daughter.

I want the best combination of compact size and quality.

Does anyone have any recommendations of cameras I should look at?

Does anyone have any experience with the Canon PowerShot A610 Digital
Camera?

Get her the Nikon D50. Then, in a few years, she can upgrade to the Nikon
D2X.

http://www.penncamera.com/store/item...ARTMENT_ID=329

She'll love you.
--
John H

"It's *not* a baby kicking, bride of mine, it's just a fetus!"

A Famous Hypocrite

*JimH*

"Sir Rodney Smithers" Ask me about my knighthood. wrote in message
I am trying to find a camera for my college age daughter.

I want the best combination of compact size and quality.

Does anyone have any recommendations of cameras I should look at?

Does anyone have any experience with the Canon PowerShot A610 Digital
Camera?

Kodak makes some nice point and shoot cameras under their easyshare line:

http://tinyurl.com/7wqt7

Sir Rodney Smithers

JimH,
I had heard that Kodak was junk, after your recommendations, I checked their
line closer. They have a full range of quality and prices, and the Kodak
EasyShare V530 is competitively priced with the Canon, and got PC Mags
"Editors 'Choice". I will check this out.

Thanks a lot.

ps -

" *JimH*" wrote in message

"Sir Rodney Smithers" Ask me about my knighthood. wrote in message
I am trying to find a camera for my college age daughter.

I want the best combination of compact size and quality.

Does anyone have any recommendations of cameras I should look at?

Does anyone have any experience with the Canon PowerShot A610 Digital
Camera?

Kodak makes some nice point and shoot cameras under their easyshare line:

http://tinyurl.com/7wqt7

John H.

On Sun, 20 Nov 2005 09:56:05 -0500, "Sir Rodney Smithers" Ask me
about my knighthood. wrote:

JohnH,

I screwed up. I need to update my criteria.

I want the best combination of compact size, quality and PRICE.

Thank you for your help. ; )

ps I can get the powershot a610 for $269 vs. $699 for the Nikon.

Remember this is a college student.

.. .
knighthood. wrote:

I am trying to find a camera for my college age daughter.

I want the best combination of compact size and quality.

Does anyone have any recommendations of cameras I should look at?

Does anyone have any experience with the Canon PowerShot A610 Digital
Camera?

Get her the Nikon D50. Then, in a few years, she can upgrade to the Nikon
D2X.

http://www.penncamera.com/store/item...ARTMENT_ID=329

She'll love you.
--
John H

"It's *not* a baby kicking, bride of mine, it's just a fetus!"

A Famous Hypocrite

She'll be happy with the Canon A610. I'd look also at this one.

http://www.penncamera.com/store/item...ARTMENT_ID=330

My daughter has a Nikon Coolpix 4500 (a couple years old now), and she
loves it.

--
John H

"It's *not* a baby kicking, bride of mine, it's just a fetus!"

A Famous Hypocrite
John H.

" *JimH*" wrote in message

"Sir Rodney Smithers" Ask me about my knighthood. wrote in message
I am trying to find a camera for my college age daughter.

I want the best combination of compact size and quality.

Does anyone have any recommendations of cameras I should look at?

Does anyone have any experience with the Canon PowerShot A610 Digital
Camera?

Kodak makes some nice point and shoot cameras under their easyshare line:

http://tinyurl.com/7wqt7

Go he http://www.dpreview.com/

You can display the specs of several cameras at the same time and
compare reviews to your heart's content. This site is well thought of
in the camera groups I've visited.
--
John H

"It's *not* a baby kicking, bride of mine, it's just a fetus!"

A Famous Hypocrite
*JimH*

news
about my knighthood. wrote:

JohnH,

I screwed up. I need to update my criteria.

I want the best combination of compact size, quality and PRICE.

Thank you for your help. ; )

ps I can get the powershot a610 for $269 vs. $699 for the Nikon.

Remember this is a college student.

. ..
knighthood. wrote:

[...]

John, I think he is looking for a more sleek camera that carries nicely in
ones pocket.

Sir Rodney Smithers

Jim and Jim,

I was told by a salesman in the store (and we all know how little they
know), that for blowing up a picture to 4X6 or 5X7 that all I will need is a
5mp camera. She said I would not be able to tell the diff between a 5 and a
7mp camera on a computer screen or photos, as long as i didn't blow it up
extra large.

Is this accurate?

Can I get by with a 4mp or will I see a difference between 4 and 5 mp?

news
about my knighthood. wrote:

JohnH,

I screwed up. I need to update my criteria.

I want the best combination of compact size, quality and PRICE.

Thank you for your help. ; )

ps I can get the powershot a610 for $269 vs. $699 for the Nikon.

Remember this is a college student.

. ..
knighthood. wrote:

[...]

On Sun, 20 Nov 2005 10:41:12 -0500, " *JimH*" wrote:

news

knighthood. wrote:

[...]

The profiles of the A610 and the 7600 are not all that different.

OT Digital camera Scotty ASA 44 December 18th 06 08:35 PM
OT Digital camera Thom Stewart ASA 10 November 9th 05 01:13 AM