Sir Rodney Smithers

Default Canon PowerShot A610 Digital Camera

Harry,
No we don't, you and Kevin just believe we do. No truth to your
assumptions.

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
John H. wrote:
On 22 Nov 2005 05:39:51 -0800, wrote:

John H. wrote:
On 21 Nov 2005 11:25:44 -0800,
wrote:

Sir Rodney Smithers wrote:
I am trying to find a camera for my college age daughter.

I want the best combination of compact size and quality.

Does anyone have any recommendations of cameras I should look at?

Does anyone have any experience with the Canon PowerShot A610 Digital
Camera?
Fujifilm has one on sale at Wal-Mart, 4mp, with memory card, case,
mini
tripod, etc. Good price, nice little camera. Look at it he
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=4172372
Harry, you should jump right on that! I thought you folks were down on
WM?
I guess the truth will out, huh?
--
John H
The truth? Your alcohol addled brain is making you think things that

Well, tell us what's good about Wal-Mart! Say it loud enough for Harry to
hear.

And thus, John points out a major difference between conservatives and
those of us who are moderate to liberal. *We* unlike the conservatives do
not march lockstep in any particular direction, nor do we feel the need,
like lemmings, to jump off a cliff just because the head lemming does.

I think Wal-Mart sucks. I know enough about the corporation and what it
does and how it operates to maintain my opinion. I do whatever I can to
help ensure Wal-Mart has no more presence than it already has in my
community. I don't shop there. I won't shop there.

But I don't do anything to prevent others from shopping at my community's
Wal-Mart.

You conservatives, on the other hand, want everyone to conform to your
beliefs about Wal-Mart, about jesus, about abortion, about Bush, et
cetera.

--
Annoy Conservatives: Share!

John H. wrote:
On 22 Nov 2005 05:39:51 -0800, wrote:

John H. wrote:
On 21 Nov 2005 11:25:44 -0800,
wrote:

Sir Rodney Smithers wrote:
[...]

Sure thing, as soon as you "tell us" what I've ever said to make you
come to the conclusion that I was "down on WM".

*JimH*

John H. wrote:
On 22 Nov 2005 05:39:51 -0800, wrote:

John H. wrote:
On 21 Nov 2005 11:25:44 -0800,
wrote:

Sir Rodney Smithers wrote:
[...]

Hell, I have plenty of liberal friends and relatives and they all love
Wal-Mart.

Why is this a black and white issue with you Harry?

John H.

On Tue, 22 Nov 2005 15:57:04 -0500, Harry Krause
wrote:

John H. wrote:
On Tue, 22 Nov 2005 08:44:07 -0500, Harry Krause

Well, the built in flash, as is typical of most built in flashes in
digital cameras, isn't that great. But, you can slow the shutter speed
down in flash mode enough to make decent night shots. For the price,
it's actually a really cool little camera, has LOTS of features that
more expensive cameras don't have, can take video. I've bought a 1GB
card for it, and can take 90 minutes of good quality video with it, or
hold hundreds of pictures.

Learning to use flash properly is one of the major challenges in general
photography. The built-in flash on most cameras, not just the less
expensive digitals or film units, isn't very powerful, and tends to
light up only the center portion of what you're shooting, and that not
very well. Also, the small built-in flash units really have no punch;
they cannot reach out any significant distance to light up a subject or
a scene.

I've been told by professionals that I shoot "damned good portraits" of
people. Well, they're ok, but I have a secret. When I want a good head
and shoulders of a subject, I take that person outdoors in flattering
natural light. You can't always do this, of course, but I try.

The SB800 packs some punch!

No doubt about it. Too much for me, so I bought the SB600.

Too much? That makes no sense. If there's too much light, don't use a
flash.
--
John H

"It's *not* a baby kicking, beautiful bride, it's only a fetus!"

A Famous Hypocrite
John H.

On Tue, 22 Nov 2005 15:56:28 -0500, Harry Krause
wrote:

John H. wrote:
On 22 Nov 2005 05:39:51 -0800, wrote:

John H. wrote:
On 21 Nov 2005 11:25:44 -0800,
wrote:

Sir Rodney Smithers wrote:
[...]

We only want what's right, Harry!

wrote:

John H. wrote:
[...]

Ub, John...nevermind. I keep forgetting, you're not interested in
discussions that involve intellect.

The first sign of losing a discussion........start the personal attacks.

Hee-hee.

*JimH*

wrote:

John H. wrote:
[...]

Herring's posit was absurd. Tell you what, Jim. Explain my reference "Too
much for me, so I bought the SB600."

What do you suppose that sentence means? Herring didn't know. Do you?

If you did not understand it, why not just stay silent or ask him to better
explain rather than throw an insult to him?

*JimH*

wrote:

John H. wrote:
[...]

A. You don't understand my comment.
B. You assume I don't understand Herring's comment
C. You accuse me of tossing an insult at the same time you toss one, even
though my comment was not an insult.
D. You want a pass on your insulting behavior.

The only insulting behavior I have read today is from you.

What insult did I throw your way Harry and what is my insulting behavior you
complain about?

*JimH* wrote:

The first sign of losing a discussion........start the personal attacks.

Holy cow!! Talk about the pot calling the kettle black!!!!

OT Digital camera Scotty ASA 44 December 18th 06 08:35 PM
OT Digital camera Thom Stewart ASA 10 November 9th 05 01:13 AM