Scotty

Default OT Digital camera

I want to buy a camera for my daughter, for Christmas. Since
she's female it should be very easy to use. And since I'm buying
it, cheap. Any suggestions?

Scotty

Seahag

"Scotty" wrote:
I want to buy a camera for my daughter, for Christmas.
Since
she's female it should be very easy to use. And since I'm
buying
it, cheap. Any suggestions?

I don't know how cheap it was but I'm really likeing the
Fuji Finepix2650.

Seahag

Scotty

"Seahag" wrote in message

"Scotty" wrote:
I want to buy a camera for my daughter, for Christmas.
Since
she's female it should be very easy to use. And since I'm
buying
it, cheap. Any suggestions?

I don't know how cheap it was but I'm really likeing the
Fuji Finepix2650.

Is it simple to use? You know, a girl camera?

SV

Capt. Rob

I want to buy a camera for my daughter, for Christmas. Since
she's female it should be very easy to use. And since I'm buying
it, cheap. Any suggestions?

Scotty....Tristatecamera.com will have the best prices, but B&H is also
good

The Fuji F10 is a great pick with excellent focus and ISO capability.
It typically sells for under 300.00. It's basically a one button camera
and has virtually no shutter lag. A great choice and quite small. A top
pick.

For the same money a Minolta Dimage Z5 has a huge zoom and great movie
mode as well also around 300.00. It's not pocketsized however. Better
for someone who wants to do more with the camera as it has full manual
mode.

On more of a budget and close to the 200.00 mark is the Sony L1. Very
small and stylish (girls love it) with good picture quality and fine
low-light focus ability. It also shoots movies nicely. Very slick
little camera.

For well under 200.00 (usually around 170.00) is the 3.2 MP canon
powershot 510. Very basic camera, can faulter in low light and has
shutter lag, but still will take fine pics with some practice. I think
the Sony L1 is a better choice for a bit more money.

Good luck,

RB

Bart Senior

I like the Canon's. I also like the SD card
format.

My vote would be for one small enough to
carry in a pocket comfortably. If you get
one that is too big it will tend to get lost
when it is shifted around.

"Scotty" wrote
I want to buy a camera for my daughter, for Christmas. Since
she's female it should be very easy to use. And since I'm buying
it, cheap. Any suggestions?

Scotty

Scotty

I'll check out the Sony and the Canons. I've got to check on ease
of DL the pics to her puter. I like the ones that come with a
'docking station' (?) .

SBV

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Capt. Neal®

"Scotty" wrote in message ...
|I want to buy a camera for my daughter, for Christmas. Since
| she's female it should be very easy to use. And since I'm buying
| it, cheap. Any suggestions?
|
| Scotty

Yes, stop being cheap! Since the poor girl has a deficient
Dad why not make up for it by getting her a real camera.

CN
Capt. Rob

I'll check out the Sony and the Canons. I've got to check on ease
of DL the pics to her puter. I like the ones that come with a
'docking station' (?) .

You might want to also ask Old Thom what he got. I think he has a Kodak
with a docking station and he's pretty happy with it. Kodak has been
getting very serious about taking the digital market in the US and has
been making big improvements. I do think you should avoid HP, Olympus
and Nikon. They are all currently lagging.

RB

Scotty

Parenting advice from Neal is like sailing advice from Booby.

SV

"Capt. Neal®" wrote in message
news

"Scotty" wrote in message
|I want to buy a camera for my daughter, for Christmas. Since
| she's female it should be very easy to use. And since I'm

buying
| it, cheap. Any suggestions?
|
| Scotty

Yes, stop being cheap! Since the poor girl has a deficient
Dad why not make up for it by getting her a real camera.

CN

Capt. Rob

Yes, stop being cheap! Since the poor girl has a deficient
Dad why not make up for it by getting her a real camera.

I wonder what kind of real camera neal has?

RB

For Digital SLR users... RG General 7 October 18th 05 04:05 PM
For Digital SLR users... P Fritz General 0 October 17th 05 09:25 PM