Default Just in Time for Thanksgiving (OT, humorous recipe)

Kansas Prarie Chicken:

1) Capture a Prarie Chicken. More easily said than done. Used to
running for its life on those stubby little legs, lives in mortal fear
of being "caught" and darts around so quickly and pointlessly it
appears to be in 2-3 positions at once.

2) Dispatch Prarie Chicken with a sharp axe. Don't be surprised if the
dead body continues to run around brainlessly for a while after the
decapitation, or if the severed head appears to be attempting to
sqwuak. The brain of the Prarie Chicken gets so little use that it's
really the bleeding out through the neck, vs the removal of the brain,
that actually kills the bird.

3) Gut Prarie Chicken. This doesn't take long, as the Prarie Chicken
doesn't have many guts.

4) Pluck Prarie Chicken. Don't be disappointed to discover that
underneath all that proud and puffed-up plumage there really isn't a
whole lot of actual bird. Those Kansas Prarie Chickens
are built for show and go, but are relatively lacking in substance.

5) Cook Prarie Chicken. Turn up the heat under this bird, and while it
will initially cook very slowly it eventually reaches a point where it
collapses into a quivering mound of meat.
Especially allow the bird to stew in its own juices. Roast, bake, or
broil but avoid *boiling* the bird at all costs- the Kansas Prarie
Chicken is averse to water. Should you use any water at all, be sure
that it is completely unsalted.

6) Serve appropriately. Open back door, whistle, and call "Here, Spot!
C' mere boy! I got something you'll enjoy, just waiting for you in your
dish."

Don White

wrote:
[...]

Now that's a recipe we all should prepare. I don't have a dog these
days, so what should I do with the tough old bird's meat?

Skipper wrote:
wrote:

Kansas Prarie Chicken:

1) Capture a Prarie Chicken.

2) Dispatch Prarie Chicken with a sharp axe. The brain of the Prarie
Chicken gets so little use that it's really the bleeding out through
the neck

3) Gut Prarie Chicken. This doesn't take long, as the Prarie Chicken
doesn't have many guts.

4) Pluck Prarie Chicken. Don't be disappointed to discover that
underneath all that proud and puffed-up plumage there really isn't a
whole lot of actual bird. Those Kansas Prarie Chickens
are built for show and go, but are relatively lacking in substance.

5) Cook Prarie Chicken. Roast, bake, or broil but avoid *boiling*
the bird at all costs- the Kansas Prarie Chicken is averse to water.

I'd bet some unscrupulous NW boat brokers are so stableblind that they
couldn't even spell prairie chicken AKA pinnated grouse or prairie
grouse, let alone cook it...but little doubt they'd try for all they're
worth.

I should have asked your advice on this. You are, after all, the
undisputed expert on things having to do with dry, dusty prairies.

I see that your only criticism of my post had to do with a spelling
error, so undoubtedly you concur with the recipe itself....

Bert Robbins wrote:

So, I guess that lying about a conversation is a higher crime than lying
about a actual physical sexual encounter between boss and employee.

If we were discussing a certain NW boat broker, well yes, I'd say it
was. There needs to be a certain amount of trust when giving exclusives
to these agents. If that confidence is not honored, where are we? There
are scoundrels out there.
--
Skipper

Along with scoundrels I'm sure there are some neophyte boat buyers who
think there's something called an "exclusive agreement" between a
broker and buyer. What a joke.
Only in a yacht broker's fondest dreams.

Of course you wouldn't be among the neophyte buyers who felt that way,
as, after all, you previously wrote that you were sorry that you felt
an obligation to a broker you were working with before you met me (when
I was working as a broker) and that you were sure your aborted deal
with the other broker would have been successfully concluded *had you*
used me to represent your interests.........

*JimH* wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

wrote:
On 16 Nov 2005, wrote:
wrote:
On 16 Nov 2005,
wrote nonsense as usual:

Hey asshole. write about boats or ****off!!!

Oh boy, look who's back. :-)

Tell you what, I'll follow your lead.

Care to compare the number of boating posts on the NG?

I thought not.

Bite me asshole.

The correct possessive pronoun would be "my", rather than "me". As
much as it would apparently pleasure you, I'll decline this
opportunity to indulge your fantasy. Trot off now and create a boating
post, OK?

No, the actual saying is "Bite me, asshole."

So why do you continue to facilitate this asshole Chuck?

Because my approval or disapproval is apparently very important to him.

Notice that there are about 20 OT threads running at the present time,
with the same 5-6 people piling up 150 posts or so in some of the
threads. I have been comparatively inactive, yet this fine, highly
educated guy decides to focus on my relatively small OT contribution.
Same thing as his last sojourn here- he'll go after the liberal posters
for the smallest infractions and say little or nothing to you, Skipper,
NOYB, Bert, John H, Smothers and his 1000 Brothers, etc.

I'll crank out a few OT posts, in his particular honor.

If he wanted to clarify that "asshole" was perjorative pronoun
contained within an exclamation rather than a common body part, he
should have used a comma (as in your example). I have to admit I was
only having a bit of fun with his corrupt structure and understood his
meaning as intended.

Who Am I Skipper General 38 October 19th 05 07:50 PM
A Recreational Boating Message Skipper General 7 October 12th 05 10:25 PM
A Recreational Boating Message Skipper General 0 October 12th 05 06:42 PM