thunder

Default To My Canadian Friends...

On Mon, 31 Oct 2005 00:33:32 +0000, Shortwave Sportfishing wrote:

I believe, and I am more than willing to be corrected, that Craftsman
power hand tools were built by Stanley which is defacto DeWalt.

I think I read that In Business Week a while back.

I'm not sure about that, but DeWalt is owned by Black & Decker.

http://www.fortune.com/fortune/print...119285,00.html
John H.

On Sun, 06 Nov 2005 00:52:16 GMT, Gene Kearns
wrote:

On Sun, 30 Oct 2005 23:33:27 GMT, Shortwave Sportfishing
wrote:
A proper Robertson has a tapered bit to fit the screw tightly.

Horse feathers.

AHHHHHHHHHHHGHHGHGHGHGHHHHHH...... (primal scream)....

OK, so I'm fixing the deck today and I got a box of these GD SS
screws. $14/lb..... and I must have stripped out the heads of 6-7
already....

POS..... gimme Torx or SOMETHING.....

Are you predrilling your holes? I never put a stainless (or any other) screw
into anything but soft pine without predrilling. Saves a lot of stripped screws
and aggravation.
--
John H

"It's *not* a baby kicking, bride of mine, it's just a fetus!"

Hypocrital Liberal
Don White

wrote:

A proper Robertson has a tapered bit to fit the screw tightly.

Horse feathers.

AHHHHHHHHHHHGHHGHGHGHGHHHHHH...... (primal scream)....

OK, so I'm fixing the deck today and I got a box of these GD SS
screws. $14/lb..... and I must have stripped out the heads of 6-7
already....

POS..... gimme Torx or SOMETHING.....

Are you predrilling your holes? I never put a stainless (or any other) screw
into anything but soft pine without predrilling. Saves a lot of stripped screws
and aggravation.

Those green, big coarse threaded 'deck screws' don't usually need a
pilot hole drilled. (in spruce)
John H.

wrote:

A proper Robertson has a tapered bit to fit the screw tightly.

Horse feathers.

AHHHHHHHHHHHGHHGHGHGHGHHHHHH...... (primal scream)....

OK, so I'm fixing the deck today and I got a box of these GD SS
screws. $14/lb..... and I must have stripped out the heads of 6-7
already....

POS..... gimme Torx or SOMETHING.....

Are you predrilling your holes? I never put a stainless (or any other) screw
into anything but soft pine without predrilling. Saves a lot of stripped screws
and aggravation.

Those green, big coarse threaded 'deck screws' don't usually need a
pilot hole drilled. (in spruce)

Well, he's stripping something. Not sure what it is. Pre-drilling has always
solved my screw stripping problems - in anything.
--
John H

"It's *not* a baby kicking, bride of mine, it's just a fetus!"

Hypocrital Liberal
Bert Robbins

wrote:
A proper Robertson has a tapered bit to fit the screw tightly.

Horse feathers.

AHHHHHHHHHHHGHHGHGHGHGHHHHHH...... (primal scream)....

OK, so I'm fixing the deck today and I got a box of these GD SS
screws. $14/lb..... and I must have stripped out the heads of 6-7
already....

POS..... gimme Torx or SOMETHING.....

Real nuts and bolts have six sides.

Real socket wrenches only have six internal sides.

Don White

Bert Robbins wrote:

Real nuts and bolts have six sides.

Real socket wrenches only have six internal sides.

What?.. better sets come with sockets in both 6 and 12 point
configuration. I believe there's also an 8 point socket for square
nuts. I know this...I've been looking at Snap-On Tools (too expensive),
Craftsman from Sears, and Mastercraft sets from Canadian Tire.
Yesterday, the wife bought me a nice Craftsman set on a half price sale
but I have to wait until Christmas.
Terry Spragg

wrote:

A proper Robertson has a tapered bit to fit the screw tightly.

Horse feathers.

AHHHHHHHHHHHGHHGHGHGHGHHHHHH...... (primal scream)....

OK, so I'm fixing the deck today and I got a box of these GD SS
screws. $14/lb..... and I must have stripped out the heads of 6-7
already....

you have obviously damaged your screwdriver bit.
Robertson is "THE BEST", so long as they are genuine, not cheap
knock offs. Robertsons are patented for a reason.

Terry K

POS..... gimme Torx or SOMETHING.....

Are you predrilling your holes? I never put a stainless (or any other)
screw
into anything but soft pine without predrilling. Saves a lot of
stripped screws
and aggravation.

Those green, big coarse threaded 'deck screws' don't usually need a
pilot hole drilled. (in spruce)

Lloyd

wrote:
A proper Robertson has a tapered bit to fit the screw tightly.

Horse feathers.

AHHHHHHHHHHHGHHGHGHGHGHHHHHH...... (primal scream)....

OK, so I'm fixing the deck today and I got a box of these GD SS
screws. $14/lb..... and I must have stripped out the heads of 6-7
already....

POS..... gimme Torx or SOMETHING.....

You know, I can't remember EVER stripping a Robertson screw. Maybe you
should have spent the $14 on a decent screwdriver?

Lloyd

Bill McKee

news

wrote:
A proper Robertson has a tapered bit to fit the screw tightly.

Horse feathers.

AHHHHHHHHHHHGHHGHGHGHGHHHHHH...... (primal scream)....

OK, so I'm fixing the deck today and I got a box of these GD SS
screws. $14/lb..... and I must have stripped out the heads of 6-7
already....

POS..... gimme Torx or SOMETHING.....

You know, I can't remember EVER stripping a Robertson screw. Maybe you
should have spent the $14 on a decent screwdriver?

Lloyd

The Robertson deck screws come with a driver bit.

P Fritz

"Bill McKee" wrote in message
ink.net...

news

wrote:
A proper Robertson has a tapered bit to fit the screw tightly.

Horse feathers.

AHHHHHHHHHHHGHHGHGHGHGHHHHHH...... (primal scream)....

OK, so I'm fixing the deck today and I got a box of these GD SS
screws. $14/lb..... and I must have stripped out the heads of 6-7
already....

POS..... gimme Torx or SOMETHING.....

You know, I can't remember EVER stripping a Robertson screw. Maybe you
should have spent the $14 on a decent screwdriver?

Lloyd

The Robertson deck screws come with a driver bit.

I found that the square 'slot' in SS decks stripped out much easier than a
philips head.