*JimH*

Default To My Canadian Friends...

"Don White" wrote in message
Lloyd Sumpter wrote:
snip
But I agree: colour-coded sizes, NEVER strips, and you actually CAN hold
screw in the screwdriver to get it to where you want it.

Lloyd

I wouldn't say 'never strips'. This afternoon, I loosened one that was
partially stripped by my corded Craftsman Professional drill/driver.
I was able to re-use it but the bit spun some in the slot.

Now if you want a real debate..........let's talk about the crappy quality
of Craftsman electric tools.

Give me a DeWalt any day. ;-)

*JimH*

On Sun, 30 Oct 2005 18:39:23 -0500, " *JimH*" wrote:

"Don White" wrote in message
Lloyd Sumpter wrote:
snip
But I agree: colour-coded sizes, NEVER strips, and you actually CAN
hold
screw in the screwdriver to get it to where you want it.

Lloyd

I wouldn't say 'never strips'. This afternoon, I loosened one that was
partially stripped by my corded Craftsman Professional drill/driver.
I was able to re-use it but the bit spun some in the slot.

Now if you want a real debate..........let's talk about the crappy quality
of Craftsman electric tools.

Give me a DeWalt any day. ;-)

If I told you that Craftsman electric hand tools were made by DeWalt,
would that make a difference? :)

No. Not all are made by DeWalt nor are they made to DeWalt standards.

I have several dead 12v Craftsman Drills that can attest to that. ;-)

Don White

*JimH* wrote:
"Don White" wrote in message

Lloyd Sumpter wrote:
snip

But I agree: colour-coded sizes, NEVER strips, and you actually CAN hold
screw in the screwdriver to get it to where you want it.

Lloyd

I wouldn't say 'never strips'. This afternoon, I loosened one that was
partially stripped by my corded Craftsman Professional drill/driver.
I was able to re-use it but the bit spun some in the slot.

Now if you want a real debate..........let's talk about the crappy quality
of Craftsman electric tools.

Give me a DeWalt any day. ;-)

Makita is popular around here. DeWalt have been pretty good for a while.
Now that we have 'Home Depot' we see more Milwaukee & Porter cable
tools, and Bosch is just too darn expensive.
Don White

"Don White" wrote in message

Lloyd Sumpter wrote:
snip

But I agree: colour-coded sizes, NEVER strips, and you actually CAN hold
screw in the screwdriver to get it to where you want it.

Lloyd

I wouldn't say 'never strips'. This afternoon, I loosened one that was
partially stripped by my corded Craftsman Professional drill/driver.
I was able to re-use it but the bit spun some in the slot.

Now if you want a real debate..........let's talk about the crappy quality
of Craftsman electric tools.

Give me a DeWalt any day. ;-)

If I told you that Craftsman electric hand tools were made by DeWalt,
would that make a difference? :)

Most of them compare more to Black & Decker.
The only Craftsman tool I would consider now is the top of the line
model (Professional) and only if on sale. Last year or so I purchased a
1/2" hammer drill, electric hand planer and a new 7&1/4" circular saw to
replace a 30 year old one...all Makita, the tools feel good, work well &
come with nice cases. Note: I also get them on sale locally.
Skipper

Don White wrote:

Makita is popular around here. DeWalt have been pretty good for a while.
Now that we have 'Home Depot' we see more Milwaukee & Porter cable
tools, and Bosch is just too darn expensive.

Porter-Cable too expensive? What kind of R/O sander do you use on your
boat's bottom?

--
Skipper

Skipper

Don White wrote:

The only Craftsman tool I would consider now is the top of the line
model (Professional) and only if on sale.

And you might want to reconsider that in light of Sears' new warrantee
policy. They are out "to catch up with the industry" when it comes to
returns. Their old return policies are gone for now...now, if it breaks,
"tough titty", unless you *buy* their extended warrantee. Most other
reputable retailers have FAR better return policies than Sears now.

Sears should be off all shoppers lists this christmas season.

--
Skipper
Bert Robbins

"Skipper" wrote in message
Don White wrote:

Makita is popular around here. DeWalt have been pretty good for a while.
Now that we have 'Home Depot' we see more Milwaukee & Porter cable
tools, and Bosch is just too darn expensive.

Porter-Cable too expensive? What kind of R/O sander do you use on your
boat's bottom?

PC 333 damn thing is great!

Don White

Skipper wrote:
Don White wrote:

Makita is popular around here. DeWalt have been pretty good for a while.
Now that we have 'Home Depot' we see more Milwaukee & Porter cable
tools, and Bosch is just too darn expensive.

Porter-Cable too expensive? What kind of R/O sander do you use on your
boat's bottom?

--
Skipper

Said Bosch is too expensive, not Porter Cable.
I keep my Sandpiper on it's trailer...so far no need to sand bottom, I
just wash it clean.
Bill McKee

"Don White" wrote in message
Lloyd Sumpter wrote:
snip
But I agree: colour-coded sizes, NEVER strips, and you actually CAN
hold
screw in the screwdriver to get it to where you want it.

Lloyd

I wouldn't say 'never strips'. This afternoon, I loosened one that was
partially stripped by my corded Craftsman Professional drill/driver.
I was able to re-use it but the bit spun some in the slot.

Now if you want a real debate..........let's talk about the crappy quality
of Craftsman electric tools.

Give me a DeWalt any day. ;-)

If I told you that Craftsman electric hand tools were made by DeWalt,
would that make a difference? :)

Nope. they also make Black and Decker. Different quality, different price
point. I bought a Craftsman's 18V drill for the jacks on my camper. Came
with 2 batteries and a light. Takes 2 batteries to take the camper off the
truck as the batteries are light duty, and the drill is a wimp. Plus the
collet chuck is the worst I have ever seen for staying tight.

Bill McKee

"Don White" wrote in message
Bill McKee wrote:

On Sun, 30 Oct 2005 13:37:24 -0500, "Jim Carter"
wrote:

Robertson Screw

Sucks.

Now you get square drive in Deck Screws.

Not square drive...it's 'Robertson'...another quality Canadian invention.

I said they come in square drive, did not say they were good. Have had too
many bits go bad to really like them. Deckmate has a modified Phillips that
is the best of the non-torx drives.