John H.

Default To My Canadian Friends...

On Sun, 06 Nov 2005 00:52:16 GMT, Gene Kearns
wrote:

On Sun, 30 Oct 2005 23:33:27 GMT, Shortwave Sportfishing
wrote:
A proper Robertson has a tapered bit to fit the screw tightly.

Horse feathers.

AHHHHHHHHHHHGHHGHGHGHGHHHHHH...... (primal scream)....

OK, so I'm fixing the deck today and I got a box of these GD SS
screws. $14/lb..... and I must have stripped out the heads of 6-7
already....

POS..... gimme Torx or SOMETHING.....

Are you predrilling your holes? I never put a stainless (or any other) screw
into anything but soft pine without predrilling. Saves a lot of stripped screws
and aggravation.
--
John H

"It's *not* a baby kicking, bride of mine, it's just a fetus!"

Hypocrital Liberal