posted to rec.boats,alt.sport.jet-ski,rec.boats.building,rec.boats.cruising
Jeff

Default Jet Ski overheating problem

Bill McKee wrote:

Was on topic, but sailboats can not turn as wanted, the rest of the world be
damned.

And yet, you claim the right to pass within a few feet of a boat doing
30 mph, the rest of the world be damned. Would you care to tell us
the turning radius of your boat at that speed, or how how well you can
control it if you release the throttle?
posted to rec.boats,alt.sport.jet-ski,rec.boats.building,rec.boats.cruising
The_Giz

Would you care to tell us
the turning radius of your boat at that speed, or how how well you can
control it if you release the throttle?

As with all jet BOATS (PWC or otherwise)... when you completely let off of
the throttle you lose the majority of your steering capability. Not all..
but most. That's why PWC riders match their throttle position to their
speed, to maintain steering capability. Of course, the PWC manufacturers
realized that this was a shortcoming and invented things like OPAS
(Off-Power Steering Assist).

Sailboats on the other hand... well that's a sad story. When they become
becalmed or lose sail they lose all navigational abilities (short of firing
up their engines.. if they have them). They're nothing more than floating
buoys at the whim and will of the currents. And that's why, on a sadly
regular basis, they block navigation channels, run into piers and moorings,
and go aground. And that's also why I spend a substantial portion of my
boating season tugging these poor guys around the lake.... with my lowly
PWC.

After all... we're all BOATERS... and it's the right thing to do.

posted to rec.boats,alt.sport.jet-ski,rec.boats.building,rec.boats.cruising
Bill McKee

"Jeff" wrote in message
. ..
Bill McKee wrote:

Was on topic, but sailboats can not turn as wanted, the rest of the world
be damned.

And yet, you claim the right to pass within a few feet of a boat doing 30
mph, the rest of the world be damned. Would you care to tell us the
turning radius of your boat at that speed, or how how well you can control
it if you release the throttle?

Throttle off, no control, turning radius about a boat length.

posted to rec.boats,alt.sport.jet-ski,rec.boats.building,rec.boats.cruising
Matt Colie

Billy knows he has the right to do what ever he pleases - he has a
credit rating.

Really, this thread has been a big eye openner, I used to think water
lice were just annoying because the drivers (not pilot or helmsman)
didn't know any better.

By-the-by billy look it up, a couple of years ago a day schooner master
fired his relic pistol at a pwc that had gotten too close. The Coast
Guard investigated and cited him for not properly storing the gun powder
he had on board.

Matt Colie a proud Waterman and Licensed Mariner

Bill McKee wrote:
"Jeff" wrote in message
. ..

Bill McKee wrote:

Was on topic, but sailboats can not turn as wanted, the rest of the world
be damned.

And yet, you claim the right to pass within a few feet of a boat doing 30
mph, the rest of the world be damned. Would you care to tell us the
turning radius of your boat at that speed, or how how well you can control
it if you release the throttle?

Throttle off, no control, turning radius about a boat length.

posted to rec.boats,alt.sport.jet-ski,rec.boats.building,rec.boats.cruising
Bill McKee

And what did the civil court award to the PWC? And you figure your motor is
not propelling equipment?

"Matt Colie" wrote in message
Billy knows he has the right to do what ever he pleases - he has a credit
rating.

Really, this thread has been a big eye openner, I used to think water lice
were just annoying because the drivers (not pilot or helmsman) didn't know
any better.

By-the-by billy look it up, a couple of years ago a day schooner master
fired his relic pistol at a pwc that had gotten too close. The Coast
Guard investigated and cited him for not properly storing the gun powder
he had on board.

Matt Colie a proud Waterman and Licensed Mariner

Bill McKee wrote:
"Jeff" wrote in message
. ..

Bill McKee wrote:

Was on topic, but sailboats can not turn as wanted, the rest of the
world be damned.

And yet, you claim the right to pass within a few feet of a boat doing 30
mph, the rest of the world be damned. Would you care to tell us the
turning radius of your boat at that speed, or how how well you can
control it if you release the throttle?

Throttle off, no control, turning radius about a boat length.

posted to rec.boats,alt.sport.jet-ski,rec.boats.building,rec.boats.cruising
otnmbrd

"Bill McKee" wrote in message
nk.net...
And what did the civil court award to the PWC? And you figure your motor
is not propelling equipment?

I don't know what he figures, but unless my motor, running or not, is
turning my propeller whilst sailing for the express purpose of moving my
vessel, then I am a sailboat.

otn

posted to rec.boats,alt.sport.jet-ski,rec.boats.building,rec.boats.cruising
Bill McKee

"otnmbrd" wrote in message
nk.net...

"Bill McKee" wrote in message
nk.net...
And what did the civil court award to the PWC? And you figure your motor
is not propelling equipment?

I don't know what he figures, but unless my motor, running or not, is
turning my propeller whilst sailing for the express purpose of moving my
vessel, then I am a sailboat.

otn

Better do a little research.

posted to rec.boats,alt.sport.jet-ski,rec.boats.building,rec.boats.cruising
otnmbrd

"Bill McKee" wrote in
ink.net:

"otnmbrd" wrote in message
nk.net...

"Bill McKee" wrote in message
nk.net...
And what did the civil court award to the PWC? And you figure your
motor is not propelling equipment?

I don't know what he figures, but unless my motor, running or not, is
turning my propeller whilst sailing for the express purpose of moving
my vessel, then I am a sailboat.

otn

Better do a little research.

Show proof as to why.

otn
posted to rec.boats,alt.sport.jet-ski,rec.boats.building,rec.boats.cruising
Scotty

"Bill McKee" wrote

Better do a little research.

OH , THE IRONY !!!!!!!!

SBV

posted to rec.boats,alt.sport.jet-ski,rec.boats.building,rec.boats.cruising
Jim Carter

"otnmbrd" wrote in message
nk.net...

"Bill McKee" wrote in message
nk.net...
And what did the civil court award to the PWC? And you figure your

motor
is not propelling equipment?

I don't know what he figures, but unless my motor, running or not, is
turning my propeller whilst sailing for the express purpose of moving my
vessel, then I am a sailboat.

otn

According to Admiralty Law, and the Collision Regulations, you are correct
in saying that your vessel is a sailboat when the engine is running but not
propelling the vessel.

James D. Carter
"The Boat"
Bayfield