Don White

Default Jet Ski overheating problem

John H. wrote:

Well, Bill, I'm not a sailor, but I would say that if the propeller is not
turning then the 'propelling machinery' is not fully functioning.

If the sails are up, I'll give it a wide berth. Then, if I see that it was
being propelled by an engine, I'll give it some choice words and perhaps a
middle digit.

What? He has every right to motor with his sail up..as long as he
realizes he is now considered a motorboat.
John H.

On Tue, 22 Nov 2005 00:57:50 GMT, Don White wrote:

John H. wrote:

Well, Bill, I'm not a sailor, but I would say that if the propeller is not
turning then the 'propelling machinery' is not fully functioning.

If the sails are up, I'll give it a wide berth. Then, if I see that it was
being propelled by an engine, I'll give it some choice words and perhaps a
middle digit.

What? He has every right to motor with his sail up..as long as he
realizes he is now considered a motorboat.

I didn't say he didn't have the right.
--
John H

"It's *not* a baby kicking, beautiful bride, it's only a fetus!"

A Famous Hypocrite
DSK

John H. wrote:
I didn't say he didn't have the right.

No, you just said you're the kind of fascist bonehead that
goes around flipping people the bird because they're doing
something tehy have every right to do, and caused you to
operat your boat in a slightly safer manner than you would
have otherwise.

DSK

John H.

John H. wrote:
I didn't say he didn't have the right.

No, you just said you're the kind of fascist bonehead that
goes around flipping people the bird because they're doing
something tehy have every right to do, and caused you to
operat your boat in a slightly safer manner than you would
have otherwise.

DSK

I was referring to the few sailors who exercise their 'under sail' right of
way, which I respect, only to see that they're under power as I pass by
their stern.

Sorry if I wasn't clear enough.

John H. wrote:
I was referring to the few sailors who exercise their 'under sail' right of
way, which I respect, only to see that they're under power as I pass by
their stern.

Sorry if I wasn't clear enough.

Oh, you were plenty clear. I understood what you said, but
apparently you did not understand what you implied.

The basic situation is that you are responsible for safely
passing other boats. That means giving enough distance that
you can avoid them if they make an unexpected maneuver.

You made it clear that you begrudge this obligation. I made
it clear that this is not an optimal attitude.

But I'll give you credit for this, you're a few miles ahead
of Bill M in both comprehension & attitude. Maybe you can
help him out a little?

DSK

Bill McKee

"Don White" wrote in message
John H. wrote:

Well, Bill, I'm not a sailor, but I would say that if the propeller is
not
turning then the 'propelling machinery' is not fully functioning.

If the sails are up, I'll give it a wide berth. Then, if I see that it
was
being propelled by an engine, I'll give it some choice words and perhaps
middle digit.

What? He has every right to motor with his sail up..as long as he
realizes he is now considered a motorboat.

Bingo, what we have been arguing about.

Bill McKee

"DSK" wrote in message
. ..
John H. wrote:
I was referring to the few sailors who exercise their 'under sail' right
of
way, which I respect, only to see that they're under power as I pass by
their stern. Sorry if I wasn't clear enough.

Oh, you were plenty clear. I understood what you said, but apparently you
did not understand what you implied.

The basic situation is that you are responsible for safely passing other
boats. That means giving enough distance that you can avoid them if they
make an unexpected maneuver.

You made it clear that you begrudge this obligation. I made it clear that
this is not an optimal attitude.

But I'll give you credit for this, you're a few miles ahead of Bill M in
both comprehension & attitude. Maybe you can help him out a little?

DSK

And you in a sailboat do not have a requirement in passing safely? Both as
the stand on and give way boat?

John H.

On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 22:05:18 -0500, DSK wrote:

John H. wrote:
I was referring to the few sailors who exercise their 'under sail' right of
way, which I respect, only to see that they're under power as I pass by
their stern.

Sorry if I wasn't clear enough.

Oh, you were plenty clear. I understood what you said, but
apparently you did not understand what you implied.

The basic situation is that you are responsible for safely
passing other boats. That means giving enough distance that
you can avoid them if they make an unexpected maneuver.

You made it clear that you begrudge this obligation. I made
it clear that this is not an optimal attitude.

But I'll give you credit for this, you're a few miles ahead
of Bill M in both comprehension & attitude. Maybe you can
help him out a little?

DSK

I begrudge the obligation *only* when I relinquish my right of way and then
discover they were under power.

If you want to turn that into a negative, help yourself.