Default It could happen to you.

PocoLoco wrote:
On 9 Oct 2005 12:25:42 -0700, wrote:

JIMinFL wrote:
"PocoLoco" wrote in message
On Sun, 09 Oct 2005 13:18:54 GMT, "JIMinFL" wrote:

Bush basher kicked off plane.
http://www.wesh.com/irresistible/5066135/detail.html

Maybe she'd have been kicked off if she were wearing the same shirt with
Kerry/Edwards on it? Ever think of that?

I'll bet she would have, but it wouldn't happen. Trash talk is a liberal
Democrat thing.

It's easy enough to see evidence of that in this NG. All the right
wingers are so polite, well mannered, unconfrontational. None of them
would ever troll a thread like this through a boating NG, just to get
his/her rocks off on dissing
a "Bush Basher"......

I think none of the conservatives were as crude as your comment above. But,
you've had some good examples with another name caller in the group.

--

You think none of the conservatives would ever troll a thread like this
through a boating NG, just to get his/her rocks off by dissing "Bush

ROTFLAMO

I would just *swear* that is exactly what happened here. :-)

But then again I could be wrong, as one of the polite, well-mannered,
non-trash talking conservatives responded to my comments (that included
an opinion that the woman was "wrong" to wear that shirt) with a charge
that I'm morally deficient.
Probably too morally deficient to recognize a polite, constructive,
conciliatory
post when I see one.

Oddball set of standards you guys use over there in Rightieville.

PocoLoco

On 9 Oct 2005 17:31:20 -0700, wrote:

Eisboch wrote:
"Harry Krause" wrote in message

Well, then, I need to get a tee-shirt that says:

F*ck the F*cking Republicans

Free speech or not, how do you possibly justify wearing something like that
in mixed company including young children old enough to read and senior
citizens who may be deeply disturbed by it.

No wonder the country is going to hell in a hand basket. It's being led
there by selfish "adults" who care for nothing but their own agenda. Whew,
it stinks!

Eisboch

In a private residence or business, there are limitations to the right
of free speech. While the Constitution allows one to speak freely in a
public place, a householder or a private business does have a right to
set standards for speech and other forms of expression within the
environs of the home, private club, or business.

This was the same principle used during the last campaing for POTUS.
The R's declared all of their political rally's "private" events, and
therefore had (and excercised) the right to prohibit protest at
campaign rallys. This whole story seems faintly similar to that
incident where a guy was thrown out of a Bush rally for wearing a "John
Kerry" T-shirt. When asked to cover it up, he did- but shortly
thereafter was thrown out anyway........

As he should have been.

--
John H

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant: It's just that they know so much that isn't so."

Ronald Reagan
PocoLoco

On 9 Oct 2005 17:41:45 -0700, wrote:

PocoLoco wrote:
On 9 Oct 2005 12:25:42 -0700,
wrote:

JIMinFL wrote:
"PocoLoco" wrote in message
[...]

Most folks were discussing the wording on the gal's T-shirt, Chuck, not 'getting
their rocks off'. You're quickly approaching the Harry/Kevin modus operandi.

--
John H

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant: It's just that they know so much that isn't so."

Ronald Reagan
DSK

Eisboch wrote:
Did you notice the survey results on the referenced web site? When I
checked it, 51% agreed with the airline, 49% agreed with the woman (out of
over 6,000 respondents).

What was the popular vote percentages of the last POTUS election? Sounds
familiar.

Sounds like a mandate to boot the woman off the plane at 35,000 feet.

DSK

Bert Robbins

"DSK" wrote in message
Eisboch wrote:
Did you notice the survey results on the referenced web site? When I
checked it, 51% agreed with the airline, 49% agreed with the woman (out
of
over 6,000 respondents).

What was the popular vote percentages of the last POTUS election? Sounds
familiar.

Sounds like a mandate to boot the woman off the plane at 35,000 feet.

As long as you are pre-breathing O2 for one our before takeoff.

Bryan

Eisboch wrote:
"Harry Krause" wrote in message

I think it perfectly appropriate to wear clothing that says
F*ck Bush, if one feels like doing that.

And the mudrats on your plane were simply exercising their right to free
speech and expression.

So what's the problem?

Eisboch

Also, you don't have to look at a tee-shirt; it is easy enough to avoid.

Not necessarily so.

You cannot avoid the damned noise these brats made. I would have stuck one
of the parents and both kids in the rest room after an hour of non-stop
whining and crying.

Even before I had kids of my own, I was sympathetic to the parents of
children who had difficulty flying. I was never sympathetic to cranky old
men who interact socially as if they had to carry a mouthful of tart lemon
wherever they go. I'm sorry you had a rough flight. I'm also sorry for the
parents of the crying children who probably had a rougher flight based on
your description.

Bryan

JIMinFL wrote:

Bush basher kicked off plane.
http://www.wesh.com/irresistible/5066135/detail.html

The woman was right; the airline was wrong.

Nope. Airlines have the right to refuse service to anyone who, in
their
judgment, is inappropriately dressed, intoxicated or otherwise in

violation

of their policies. The problem here was not the images. It was the

"word".

Good for them! The woman can complain all she wants but airlines can

set

their own standards.

Eisboch

Airline? Standards? Surely you jest. On my flight back from Hawai'i to
San Francisco, two rows in front of me, there was a couple incapable of
controlling their crying, screaming brats. The two kids whined all the
way back to the mainland, for four and a half hours. without letup. I
asked one of the flight attendants to ask the couple to either control
their brats or to move them to a less-occupied part of the plane. She
refused.

At least 20 other passengers complained. Those brats were more offense
than anyone's shirt.

Crying kids are part of our world Harry and, although annoying to you,
are
not unique.

I've flew many miles in my working days and crying babies and bratty
kids
where often part of the experience. On occasion I even had my own crying
baby along.

Your standards for travel are too high for commercial airlines. Buy your
own
jet.

Eisboch

Hey, I'm not talking about a half hour of crying and screaming; these two
brats would not shut up the entire trip.

Then, Harry, the most likely explanation is that they were in pain.

The parents probably should have given the kids a drink. Swallowing helps
equalize the air pressure in the inner ear.

I swear I'm not attacking you personally, Harry, but I can't pass this one
by, .... maybe the parents should have given Harry a drink or two.

PocoLoco wrote:
On 9 Oct 2005 17:41:45 -0700, wrote:

PocoLoco wrote:
On 9 Oct 2005 12:25:42 -0700,
wrote:

JIMinFL wrote:
"PocoLoco" wrote in message
[...]

Excellent technique, John. When you can't counter the basic argument,
object to the verbiage used in a single phrase. Conclude with a
derogatory personal comment.
Of course, this hasn't been effective in a couple of thousand years of
debating issues- but any port in a storm, I suppose.

PocoLoco

Eisboch wrote:
[...]

Be nice. Imagine being Harry and unable to call anyone names or bash Bush all
the way from Honolulu to Minneapolis.

That was probably worse than my first overseas flight after they banned smoking
on airplanes. I'm still surprised I didn't try to disable the smoke detector in
the restroom!