thunder

Default It could happen to you.

On Sun, 09 Oct 2005 14:37:46 -0400, Eisboch wrote:

don't trust the planes and the people that operate and maintain them, even
though I realize that US based airlines have an excellent safety record.

Yeah, but will it continue with maintenance being outsourced.

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news0...intenance.html

Eisboch

"Harry Krause" wrote in message

Well, then, I need to get a tee-shirt that says:

F*ck the F*cking Republicans

Free speech or not, how do you possibly justify wearing something like that
in mixed company including young children old enough to read and senior
citizens who may be deeply disturbed by it.

No wonder the country is going to hell in a hand basket. It's being led
there by selfish "adults" who care for nothing but their own agenda. Whew,
it stinks!

Eisboch

Bryan

"JIMinFL" wrote in message
hlink.net...
In a public place, the woman should be allowed to wear whatever she wants
wear.

Jim

Does that include nothing?

Technically, that should be the case. Simple nudity should be considered as
nothing special, but there's no such thing as simple nudity. So the
practical answer should be no. Personally, I don't want to see most of us
naked in public; but that's just me.

Bryan

"thunder" wrote in message
On Sun, 09 Oct 2005 09:55:58 -0400, Bert Robbins wrote:

Your freedon of speech ends when you move from your property or public
property to someone's private property.

The airline is private property, being that it is not owned by the/a
government, and the airline can make the rules and regulations regarding
how its customers present themselves and conduct themselves while on the
airline's private property.

A airline is considered a "public accommodation", not "private property",
and they are limited in the rules they can set. If you think not, think
if an airline can refuse boarding because of race. The question is one of
obscenity. My guess is, as obnoxious as she may have been, it *is*
probably protected speech.

Not all speech is protected under all circumstances.

Starbuck's Words of Wisdom

It is very common for babies to have trouble equalizing when flying.

Eisboch wrote:
Harry Krause wrote in message
JIMinFL wrote:
Bush basher kicked off plane.
http://www.wesh.com/irresistible/5066135/detail.html

The woman was right; the airline was wrong.
Nope. Airlines have the right to refuse service to anyone who, in
their
judgment, is inappropriately dressed, intoxicated or otherwise in
violation
of their policies. The problem here was not the images. It was the
"word".
Good for them! The woman can complain all she wants but airlines can
set
their own standards.

Eisboch

Airline? Standards? Surely you jest. On my flight back from Hawai'i to
San Francisco, two rows in front of me, there was a couple incapable of
controlling their crying, screaming brats. The two kids whined all the
way back to the mainland, for four and a half hours. without letup. I
asked one of the flight attendants to ask the couple to either control
their brats or to move them to a less-occupied part of the plane. She
refused.

At least 20 other passengers complained. Those brats were more offense
than anyone's shirt.

Crying kids are part of our world Harry and, although annoying to you,
are
not unique.

I've flew many miles in my working days and crying babies and bratty
kids
where often part of the experience. On occasion I even had my own crying
baby along.

Your standards for travel are too high for commercial airlines. Buy your
own
jet.

Eisboch

Hey, I'm not talking about a half hour of crying and screaming; these two
brats would not shut up the entire trip.

Then, Harry, the most likely explanation is that they were in pain.

Starbuck's Words of Wisdom

Harry,
Since babies do have trouble equalizing and can be in pain when flying, it
appears you are doing a bit of projecting.

JIMinFL wrote:
[...]

No, the most likely explanation is that they have incompetent parents.

Eisboch

"Harry Krause" wrote in message

I think it perfectly appropriate to wear clothing that says
F*ck Bush, if one feels like doing that.

And the mudrats on your plane were simply exercising their right to free
speech and expression.

So what's the problem?

Eisboch

Don White

JIMinFL wrote:

[...]

The parents probably should have given the kids a drink. Swallowing
helps equalize the air pressure in the inner ear.
Starbuck's Words of Wisdom

Harry,
Are you encouraging the use of corporal punishment?
Sounds very "liberal" of you.

JIMinFL wrote:

[...]

You're assuming the kids were in pain, and the parents did give them
plenty to drink. I'm assuming the parents were obnoxious. In fact, they
were on the continuation of the flight to Minneapolis, and the person who
was sitting next to them INSISTED that her seat be moved far away from the
brats. The mother of the kids said in a snarly voice, "This woman has an
issue with my children." At that point, I piped up and said, "You're the
issue, mother of the year. Control your kids."

If I had carried on like that for as long as those kids did, my father
would have threatened to put me into low-earth orbit. My father never hit
me, but he was a sturdy fellow and very strong. I took him seriously.

These weren't infants, by the way. They were toddlers. And they were
whining in the terminal too, before the continuation of the flight.

Bert Robbins

"thunder" wrote in message
On Sun, 09 Oct 2005 09:55:58 -0400, Bert Robbins wrote:

Your freedon of speech ends when you move from your property or public
property to someone's private property.

The airline is private property, being that it is not owned by the/a
government, and the airline can make the rules and regulations regarding
how its customers present themselves and conduct themselves while on the
airline's private property.

A airline is considered a "public accommodation", not "private property",
and they are limited in the rules they can set. If you think not, think
if an airline can refuse boarding because of race. The question is one of
obscenity. My guess is, as obnoxious as she may have been, it *is*
probably protected speech.

If everytime someone with purple hair walks into my business he robs me then
what I am I to do? Keep letting people with purple hair into my business?