Mr. Skip Starbuck

Gould,
It is very very difficult to "spoof" a IP, and it is illegal.

wrote in message
ups.com...

*JimH* wrote:
You have spread lies in this NG about me having a sockpuppet posting as
the
Skipper. I have told you repeated that is not true. Skipper's initial
post
about you was harsh and uncalled for. I have no bone to pick with you to
have done such a thing. His posts also offered specifics that I was
never
privy to or aware of.

Yet you continue to spread the lie without offering any proof, just
suspicions.

You are the accuser yet I have to prove my innocence as you obviously
operate on the theory of guilty till proven innocent.

So how is this for proof Chuck?

Skippers IP address is: 68.102.254.136

Using http://www.geobytes.com/IpLocator.htm the address shows the user
is
located in Derby, Kansas. The old Skipper lived in Derby, Kansas. I
live
in Avon Lake, Ohio.

Skipper's ISP is cox.net. Cox.net does not provide service in Avon
Lake,
Ohio, nor does it in any of the suburbs surrounding Avon Lake.

Now for the real interesting part..........Skipper posted in the "Delay
has
been charged" thread on 9-28 at 4:10 pm. I posted in that thread on
9-28
at 4:14 pm. I guess I must be Superman to perform that feat.

I am sure you can further search the NG to find me posting during/near
the
times Skipper posted, but facts obviously do not concern you.

Please explain away these *facts* Chuck. Then offer an apology for your
whopper of a lie about me.

Are you man enough Chuck?

I have stated that I suspect the current Skipper is a sock puppet. I
have stated that because the psuedo-Skipper posted in a very weird
style that I did not remember ever seeing before and the only time it
appeard again was when you used the *exact* same format and almost
*exactly* the same words in another attack post, I have drawn the
conclusion that you are the sock puppetmaster.
Your main defense to this point has been that using that weird style is
one of your "traits"......(you'll remember the exchange concerning
whether charaterizing you statement to mean it was something you did
all the time constituted a lie).

The only "lie" would be for me to post that I no longer suspect you are
running the sock puppet, when in fact I still do. If I become convinced
that you are not the sock puppetmaster, I will post that in this forum
at that time and apologize for suspecting you based upon the uncanny
alignment of the oddball format in Skipper's post and your admitted
"trait".

On the occassions when Skipper ever mentioned his business dealings
with me, he was always complimentary. Suddenly, five years later, he
couldn't be meaner, nastier, or more inconsistent with his previous
statements. Nothing that psuedo-Skipper has posted to the NG would be
impossible to learn through Google.

As far as ISP's, email addresses, etc etc etc etc etc go. Sorry, but
not impressed. There are any number of remailing programs and services
that people can use to disguise their identity and they have been
commonly used in rec.boats in the past. Not by you, as far as I know,
but it appears to be fairly easily accomplished when desired.

As far as "I posted immediately after Skipper in a political thread
about Tom DeLay" So? I am the least computer savvy guy you would ever
hope to meet, and even I could post multi-paragraph items minutes apart
under several different names. Save to Word in advance, Cut N Paste as
desired. Does that mean you did that, exactly? No, but it also doesn't
indicate ditzy squat as "proof".

As far as other instances where I could search the net and find
evidence of you posting at or around the same time as
psuedo-Skipper.....so what? All that would prove is that you were
on-line when the psuedo-Skipper posts appeared. Some defense. :-)

Mr. Skip Starbuck

Chuck,
It is not the ISP, but the IP from Derby Kansas. If anyone suspects someone
of falsifying a IP, they should report it to the ISP. The will prosecute.
wrote in message
oups.com...

Gene Kearns wrote:
On 2 Oct 2005 17:01:50 -0700, wrote:

*JimH* wrote:
[...]

Chuck, I think you are, most likely, wrong. An analysis of headers
between the "real" Skipper of old and the new one leads me to believe
that this new one *is* likely a sock puppet, but is probably in the
Atlanta area. The IPs and the fact that it was to a cox.net address
gave me pause to accept that it *might* be the real Skipper.....

As far as ISP's, email addresses, etc etc etc etc etc go. Sorry, but
not impressed. There are any number of remailing programs and services
that people can use to disguise their identity and they have been
commonly used in rec.boats in the past. Not by you, as far as I know,
but it appears to be fairly easily accomplished when desired.

This recent poster has not, as yet, been able to post in a manner
geographically appropriate to the *real* Skipper. Additionally, he has
not recognized appropriate "hot buttons" that the real Skipper should
have reflexively responded to......

My take? It is a fake. It is a sock puppet. It is a smithers. It is
not Jim.

Again... if you want to know for sure, I can give you the *real*
Skipper's telephone number and/or the information indicating that
*this* "Skipper" is not in the correct geographic third of the
country....

Thanks, Gene, but Dave's address and phone number are a matter of
public record. I can't think of any reason to call him.

You seem to agree that Psuedo Skipper is a sock puppet. I drew a
conclusion based on the fact that only two posts to this NG, in my
memory, have ever been formatted
with a reference to a little gem followed by a quote contained in a
series of +++++++ signs. That both posts were personal attacks, a week
apart, only increases their similarity.

My conclusion is that the puppetmaster is the author of the second post
with the oddball format, JimH. Another poster, not normally one of my
traditional allies, has stated that he would have arrived at the same
conclusion, were it not for the ISP. Obviously, that poster is more
impressed with an ISP than I am.

I wouldn't want to claim that I have incontrovertible proof that it is
absolutely JimH, but neither am I going to deny my suspicion that it
is. Should the identity of the real puppetmaster ever be confirmed to
be somebody other than JimH, I will correct my conclusion and apology
for an error. I have no "lie" for which to apologize.

The whole episode is becoming a bit absurd. I should just "plonk" the
psuedo-Skipper and the suspected puppetmaster and unless he/they turn
on Harry, Basskisser, or somebody else the entire rec.boats crap fire
over this issue will just burn out.

*JimH* wrote:
Then offer an apology for your
whopper of a lie about me.

Are you man enough Chuck?

Are you man enough to apologize for your MANY lies here, Jim?

An Open Letter to Chuck Gould Skipper General 39 September 20th 05 03:50 PM
Ahoy Chuck Gould JIMinFL General 4 June 28th 05 01:26 PM
Near Deaths on the Lower Gauley Celia Oblinger General 47 August 20th 04 11:56 PM
PING: Gould, jps, NOYB, Jim, Harry, and a cast of thousands Gould 0738 General 6 September 17th 03 06:12 AM