Matt Lang

Default Which Fishfinder do you recommend?

Guys,

which fishfinder should one get for fishing on sal****er/ocean, rivers
and lakes?

A Garmin 240 blue was recommended for me, what other opinoins are out
there?
I was told the "blue" is for use in sal****er as non sal****er
fishfhinders dont work in sal****er?

I have a garmin GPS and like garmin products so I wouldnt mind getting
a garmin, unless there is better stuff out there...

I also want to fishfinder to tell me the depth of water below the boat
(very important).

Oh and of course it should make it easier to catch these little
b******* when they hide in the water

Matt
JAXAshby

Guys,

which fishfinder should one get for fishing on sal****er/ocean, rivers
and lakes?

a hook, with a worm on it.
IBNFSHN

A non sal****er doesn't work in salt water?? I don't know who told you that,
but its bull. Go with the Garmin 240. I have one (not the blue) on my bass
boat and a 23 footer I use for flounder fishing. No problems whatsoever! In
fact, there is a setting on them where you can specify water type. Fresh or
salt. I used to have a cheap Huminbird on the 23 footer and it worked fine
until it died of old age.

--
Bill
Chesapeake, Va

"Matt Lang" wrote in message
om...
Guys,

which fishfinder should one get for fishing on sal****er/ocean, rivers
and lakes?

A Garmin 240 blue was recommended for me, what other opinoins are out
there?
I was told the "blue" is for use in sal****er as non sal****er
fishfhinders dont work in sal****er?

I have a garmin GPS and like garmin products so I wouldnt mind getting
a garmin, unless there is better stuff out there...

I also want to fishfinder to tell me the depth of water below the boat
(very important).

Oh and of course it should make it easier to catch these little
b******* when they hide in the water

Matt

Matt Lang

"IBNFSHN" wrote in message news:hdDFc.5936$pY2.1102@lakeread01...
A non sal****er doesn't work in salt water?? I don't know who told you that,
but its bull. Go with the Garmin 240. I have one (not the blue) on my bass
boat and a 23 footer I use for flounder fishing. No problems whatsoever! In
fact, there is a setting on them where you can specify water type. Fresh or
salt. I used to have a cheap Huminbird on the 23 footer and it worked fine
until it died of old age.

Thanks Bill!

Whats the "blue" for anyways? When looking at the spec it has more
power and goes to deeper depth... is that all the difference?

Matt

IBNFSHN

Maybe this will clear it up for you.
http://www.garmin.com/products/faq.j...-00219-00#faq2

--
Bill
Chesapeake, Va

"Matt Lang" wrote in message
om...
"IBNFSHN" wrote in message

A non sal****er doesn't work in salt water?? I don't know who told you

that,
but its bull. Go with the Garmin 240. I have one (not the blue) on my

bass
boat and a 23 footer I use for flounder fishing. No problems whatsoever!

In
fact, there is a setting on them where you can specify water type. Fresh

or
salt. I used to have a cheap Huminbird on the 23 footer and it worked

fine
until it died of old age.

Thanks Bill!

Whats the "blue" for anyways? When looking at the spec it has more
power and goes to deeper depth... is that all the difference?

Matt

Esourcedesigns

Once again the pedophile (JAXAshby) opens his mouth and proves to the entire
world just how stupid he really is....

Subject: Which Fishfinder do you recommend?
From: (JAXAshby)
Date: 7/2/04 10:52 PM Central Daylight Time
Guys,

which fishfinder should one get for fishing on sal****er/ocean, rivers
and lakes?

a hook, with a worm on it.

Gordon

I have an expensive color Furuno and I'm not thrilled with it.
"FishFan" wrote in message
om...
I went the same route - liked my Garmin GPS so I bought a 240 Blue
DF/FF - and I'm happy with it. I think "Blue" gives you the 2
frequency transducer and greater power for greater depth, although I
never fish in 600 ft of water. Its a better unit then my 15 year old
Eagle was, but that's probably due to technology improvement over
time, not brand.

FishFan

(Matt Lang) wrote in message

. com...
Guys,

which fishfinder should one get for fishing on sal****er/ocean, rivers
and lakes?

A Garmin 240 blue was recommended for me, what other opinoins are out
there?
I was told the "blue" is for use in sal****er as non sal****er
fishfhinders dont work in sal****er?

I have a garmin GPS and like garmin products so I wouldnt mind getting
a garmin, unless there is better stuff out there...

I also want to fishfinder to tell me the depth of water below the boat
(very important).

Oh and of course it should make it easier to catch these little
b******* when they hide in the water

Matt

Fishfinder transducer extension cable hookup? Bob General 2 May 8th 04 10:31 PM
Can Someone Recommend Intro to Boating-Power? AB General 6 February 28th 04 03:37 AM
fishfinder problems alex General 11 September 27th 03 03:18 AM
Fishfinder Opinions? M.E. General 3 August 24th 03 12:21 AM
Best Fishfinder JohnH General 1 July 17th 03 04:27 AM