BoatBanter.com

-   -   OT The Conservative Brain (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/502-ot-conservative-brain.html)

Rural Knight August 13th 03 12:21 AM

OT The Conservative Brain

"noah" wrote in message
On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 11:46:57 GMT, "Bill Cole"
wrote:

Noah,
I could care less if anyone smokes or grows dope in their home, but only

an
idiot would make a post about it and then spend 90% of his time picking
fights on Usenet and threaten to break peoples necks.
I started reading this NG thinking it was about boats, I realize that it

is
about tweaking other people who posts in here, and I am just tweaking the
local idiot. If you think my few posts in rec.boats will make a

difference
in the signal to noise ratio in the NG you are mistaken.

Bill, I appreciate your rational response, I expected to get flamed.
If bk is indeed "the poster formerly known as Jim Dandy", then I
understand your zeal. I DO wish you kids would take your horse-apple
fights outside, though. It makes a mess of the house. :o)

Incidently, there is a lot of information about boats here, and quite
a few people who are willing to offer on-topic help and info. Some of
these guys know more than the average dealer or marine mechanic. You
just have to look for the mushrooms and avoid the fertilizer.

Now who is turning a nifty phrase? ;)

Look for the mushrooms and avoid the fertilizer indeed.

Later,

Tom

Joe August 13th 03 12:47 AM

OT The Conservative Brain

Bill, I appreciate your rational response, I expected to get flamed.
If bk is indeed "the poster formerly known as Jim Dandy", then I
understand your zeal.

Without a doubt it is he.

Harry Krause August 13th 03 01:21 AM

OT The Conservative Brain

noah wrote:

On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 23:21:15 GMT, "Rural Knight"
wrote:

. ..
wrote:

[...]

It's the damnedest thing, Tom. Every once in a while, one of these
old synapses will fire-off by accident, and something useful comes
out.

Scares the hell out me, actually. It's like scuffing along in wool
socks and touching the doorknob. Or the cat. The cat hates it.

Regards,
noah :o)

Hmmm. Against the law to smoke dope in your house...
OK to have a dope in the White House.

--
* * *
email sent to will *never* get to me.

noah August 13th 03 01:45 AM

OT The Conservative Brain

wrote:

[...]

You have it all wrong, Harry. The law reads that it is illegal to
possess dope, no matter what color your house is. Smoking it is not
specifically addressed. However, *blowing* smoke is allowed if you
live in the White House. In fact, it is mandatory. Paradoxically,
setting fire to the dope in the White House is strictly illegal. Go
figure. Damned revenuers...

What does this have to do with scaring the cat? Is your reader messed
up, or is mine? I'm confused. Gonna' go pick some mushrooms. Don't
have to smoke 'em. :o)

Regards,
noah

Courtesy of Lee Yeaton,
See the boats of rec.boats
www.TheBayGuide.com/rec.boats

Joe August 13th 03 01:49 AM

OT The Conservative Brain

Harry,
I'm beginning to think the folks at MD DNR had a reason for the

registration on
the bow of your boat. Those last two letters aren't assigned capriciously,

you
know
.
John
On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD

What are they?

AH?
DH?
FF?
DB?
JO?

Steven Shelikoff August 13th 03 03:46 AM

OT The Conservative Brain

On Mon, 11 Aug 2003 23:35:00 GMT, "NOYB" wrote:

"basskisser" wrote in message
. com...
"Bill Cole" wrote in message

.net...
When I first started reading rec.boats I could not understand why so

many
people spent so much time arguing in here. Now I know, it is just fun

pull their strings. And you are right, Harry is about as insecure as
Basskisser.

I'm very secure...you, on the other hand, don't know a damned thing
about me, and think you do. That is called ignorance.

You swear a lot. And you're very abusive to others. How are things at
home? I'm quite worried about you.

Actually, I'm more worried about his family. He shows quite a penchant
for violent threats and outbursts. He admitted that those outbursts are
caused by him getting frustrated. And a mind as simple as his probably
gets frustrated easily.

Steve

Steven Shelikoff August 13th 03 03:55 AM

OT The Conservative Brain

On 12 Aug 2003 11:54:51 -0700, (basskisser) wrote:

"NOYB" wrote in message hlink.net...
"basskisser" wrote in message
om...
"Bill Cole" wrote in message

. net...
When I first started reading rec.boats I could not understand why so

many
people spent so much time arguing in here. Now I know, it is just fun

pull their strings. And you are right, Harry is about as insecure as
Basskisser.

I'm very secure...you, on the other hand, don't know a damned thing
about me, and think you do. That is called ignorance.

You swear a lot. And you're very abusive to others. How are things at
home? I'm quite worried about you.

I "swear a lot" because I said "damned"? Are you serious? I'm the one
who is worried about YOU. And, for your information, things couldn't
be better "at home". I'm abusive to others? Take a good hard, look.
See who starts calling who names first here. Joe, Shelikoff, Bill
Cole, you, and Calif Bill. Typical conservatives, all of you.

Watch out. This nutcase basskisser is starting an "enemies list" of
people he's going to stalk and snap their pencil necks.

Steve

Calif Bill August 13th 03 05:09 AM

OT The Conservative Brain

"Steven Shelikoff" wrote in message
On Mon, 11 Aug 2003 23:35:00 GMT, "NOYB" wrote:

snip
Steve

Nice to see you back. Been boating? Or working?
Bill

NOYB August 13th 03 04:57 PM

OT The Conservative Brain

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
"NOYB" wrote in message
link.net...
I haven't called you a name. I just don't think you're very smart...or
stable.

Wow...that's rich, coming from a guy who has explicitly stated that women
are of little or no use in a business setting. :-)

I never said such a thing. I just said that they're emotionally fragile and
many times create problems where problems don't exist.

jps August 13th 03 05:15 PM

OT The Conservative Brain

Uh huh. If you didn't "contribute" your baseless drivel, bandwidth would go
down? Using your computation and the fact that my posts are crap, that
means you're only willing to dump 10% of the raw sewage into the lake that
someone else is.

So, what's your excuse now?

"Bill Cole" wrote in message
jps,
Are you here to discuss boats, or you are here to cut and paste bull****
political articles? The few posts I make tweaking idiots such as yourself
are nothing compared to the crap you post. The only difference between me
tweaking an idiot and your posts are I am up front about what I am doing,
and I waste 1/10 of the bandwidth you do, tweaking the conservatives.