BoatBanter.com

-   -   OT The Conservative Brain (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/502-ot-conservative-brain.html)

NOYB August 8th 03 10:41 PM

OT The Conservative Brain

When I took the Boards in Florida, the 5 guys that took the Boards from IU
passed, and the 3 guys that I knew from NJ School of Medicine and Dentistry
flunked. I think *that* would be a good indicator of a school's "ranking".

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
Perhaps patients should be involved with the rankings. I've heard an

amazing
assortment of reasons why people like or dislike dentists & doctors. Some
reasons may relate to the school where the doctor was educated, so any
correlations would be interesting.

"NOYB" wrote in message
om...
Could be. Reasons like you've outlined above are why there are no

current
rankings of dental schools...the only ones out ther are almost 10 years

old.
The schools were upset with the poor criteria determining the rankings

and
have boycotted providing data ever since.

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
"NOYB" wrote in message
link.net...

What's really significant, however, when you're applying for a job

in
engineering, is where corporate recruiters rank the schools. Purdue
ranked
3rd according to US News.

See? Now you're making sense. You've explained one source of the

rankings,
i.e.: recruiters. Of course, recruiters could simply be happier with

certain
schools because they are better at communicating with the recruiters.

It
may
not reflect the quality of the candidates. But anyway......

NOYB August 8th 03 10:42 PM

OT The Conservative Brain

"jps" wrote in message
"NOYB" wrote in message
m...

"jps" wrote in message

When should we expect a turnaround, about the time Howard Dean takes
office???

"Productivity Soars, Jobless Claims Drop to Six-Month Low" (Yesterday's
Washington Post)

Dean certainly would provide a turnaround...but do we want a turnaround

away
from "soaring productivity" and "falling jobless claims"?

I don't think so.

Pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffft.

Great. My debating powers have reduced you to a drooling sloth.

jps August 8th 03 11:33 PM

OT The Conservative Brain

"NOYB" wrote in message
m...

"jps" wrote in message
"NOYB" wrote in message
m...

"jps" wrote in message

When should we expect a turnaround, about the time Howard Dean takes
office???

"Productivity Soars, Jobless Claims Drop to Six-Month Low"

(Yesterday's
Washington Post)

Dean certainly would provide a turnaround...but do we want a

turnaround
away
from "soaring productivity" and "falling jobless claims"?

I don't think so.

Pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffft.

Great. My debating powers have reduced you to a drooling sloth.

Wrong end of the sloth and that's not drooling but something a little more
forceful.

Gould 0738 August 8th 03 11:40 PM

OT The Conservative Brain

When I took the Boards in Florida, the 5 guys that took the Boards from IU

I once took some boards in Florida......the construction crew caught me and I
had to give them back. :-)

Harry Krause August 9th 03 01:19 AM

OT The Conservative Brain

jps wrote:

"NOYB" wrote in message
m...

"jps" wrote in message
"NOYB" wrote in message
m...

"jps" wrote in message

When should we expect a turnaround, about the time Howard Dean takes
office???

"Productivity Soars, Jobless Claims Drop to Six-Month Low"

(Yesterday's
Washington Post)

Dean certainly would provide a turnaround...but do we want a

turnaround
away
from "soaring productivity" and "falling jobless claims"?

I don't think so.

Pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffft.

Great. My debating powers have reduced you to a drooling sloth.

Wrong end of the sloth and that's not drooling but something a little more
forceful.

Isn't it amazing the regard in which the unread Konservatives hold their
abilities to write and "debate?" They know not the first thing about
debate, and most of them would be candidates for a bonehead English
class I once taught.

Feh.

email sent to will *never* get to me.

Jim August 9th 03 01:42 AM

OT The Conservative Brain

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
jps wrote:

"NOYB" wrote in message
m...

"jps" wrote in message
"NOYB" wrote in message
m...

"jps" wrote in message

[...]

And obviously you were never promoted to teach beyond that level due to an obvious lack
of basic skills. I am sure those years of teaching "bonehead" English were quite the
challenge for you, especially when the students had to continuously correct you.

Harry Krause August 9th 03 03:45 AM

OT The Conservative Brain

Jim wrote:
"Harry Krause" wrote in message
jps wrote:

"NOYB" wrote in message
m...

"jps" wrote in message
"NOYB" wrote in message
m...

"jps" wrote in message

[...]

It must be fascinating to go through life as you do, a smug flatlander,
secure in the knowledge of nothing and jumping to conclusions based upon
no facts.

I had the honor and privilege of four semesters of work as a teacher
while I was engaged in obtaining a master's degree. It was - and still
is - the traditional way grad students earn living expenses.

--
* * *
email sent to will *never* get to me.

NOYB August 9th 03 04:25 AM

OT The Conservative Brain

Were they union guys, the construction crew? Probably not. Most of the
union guys are asleep on their jobs and would never have noticed.

Jim August 9th 03 02:07 PM

OT The Conservative Brain

Jim wrote:
"Harry Krause" wrote in message
jps wrote:

"NOYB" wrote in message
m...

"jps" wrote in message
"NOYB" wrote in message
m...

"jps" wrote in message

[...]

You are one insecure person.

Harry Krause August 9th 03 03:27 PM

OT The Conservative Brain

Bill Cole wrote:
lol, I was thinking the same thing. In one post he talks about the
boneheads in "bonehead english" and in the next he is talking about the
"honor and privilege". I also love the way he criticizes everyone else's
writing skills, but then defends his poor writing skills as intentional,
because the idiots in rec.boats are not worth his effort to write anything
well.

Yet another right-wing rectal opening who cannot understand what he reads.

I offered no "defense" of my writing skills one way or the other. I
stated that it wasn't *worth* any effort on my part to post lengthy
refutations of the right-wing spit dribbled in here.

I also do not criticize "everyone else's" writing skills. But I do find
it mildly humorous that so many of you righties think you have debate
and literary skills.

You don't.

Bonehead English, by the way, *is* what I taught. That's how the
students referred to it, and than's how everyone else referred to it,
too. I was glad for the work at the time, and everyone in my classes had
a good time, even though they had to be there. By the time I finished
with them, virtually all could write decently.

Which is more than one can say for most of the right-wing trash in here.
Like you.

--
* * *
email sent to will *never* get to me.