Jay

Default Cleaning Bow Covers

At the end of last season a small pool of water froze, thawed, and
evaporated off my bow cover (Sun Brella). It left a brown-ish water stain..
My question is, what is a good way to clean this stain out... I've read ( in
the manuals) that any kind of soap shouldn't be used as it'll strip away the
water resistance quality of the material....

thoughts?

-j

Tuuk

Yes,, cleaning it with a harsh abrasive cleaner will do a good job of
cleaning it, but will remove the protective silicone or waxy protective
coat.
So clean it and replace the protective coat. You can get a can of silicone
spray at any hardware store and simply coat it. You probably could coat it
every year. The tarp or cover will last a lot longer.

"Jay" wrote in message
At the end of last season a small pool of water froze, thawed, and
evaporated off my bow cover (Sun Brella). It left a brown-ish water

stain..
My question is, what is a good way to clean this stain out... I've read

( in
the manuals) that any kind of soap shouldn't be used as it'll strip away

the
water resistance quality of the material....

thoughts?

-j

Slambram

On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 11:16:10 -0400, " Tuuk"
wrote:

Yes,, cleaning it with a harsh abrasive cleaner will do a good job of
cleaning it, but will remove the protective silicone or waxy protective
coat.
So clean it and replace the protective coat. You can get a can of silicone
spray at any hardware store and simply coat it. You probably could coat it
every year. The tarp or cover will last a lot longer.

303 High Tech Fabric Guard will restore the protective coating. In
fact, i believe it's reccomended by Sunbrella...

pontoon boat covers shawn General 4 July 26th 12 07:23 PM
boat hull cleaning and polishing RB General 10 April 13th 04 01:00 AM
Cleaning lines (ropes to the lubbers!) Lloyd Sumpter General 23 March 16th 04 10:38 PM
OT - President Johnson covers up conspiracty Jack Meholf General 11 December 11th 03 06:06 PM
Buttons on boat covers hard to snap on Jim Pratt General 5 October 3rd 03 07:29 PM