Harry Krause

Default Beautiful day on the Bay

Don White wrote:

John H wrote in message

Hell, maybe by next year Harry will give me his Parker. If I had a nice

big

lobsta boat I'd probably give some poor ex-teacher my used Parker.

"ex-teacher" ??? Did they give you the boot for trying to recruit 8th
graders into your army?

I thought Herring said he was an occasional substitute teacher for the
Alexandria school system.
Don White

Harry Krause wrote in message
I thought Herring said he was an occasional substitute teacher for the
Alexandria school system.

Same here. That's why I wondered if he was a bit over zealous with the
'military talk' when substituting.

Don White

Bert Robbins wrote in message

At least we have a functioning army to protect ourselves and our "friends"
to the north!

Double edged sword. I hear lots of your fellow citizens lamenting that
your 'functioning army' should be used against us when we don't tow the
party line.

Harry Krause

Don White wrote:
Harry Krause wrote in message

I thought Herring said he was an occasional substitute teacher for the
Alexandria school system.

Same here. That's why I wondered if he was a bit over zealous with the
'military talk' when substituting.

He probably was doubling as a recruiter, advising young men it was their
duty to enlist and die for Presidunce Bush.
John H

On Sat, 17 Apr 2004 15:05:07 GMT, "Don White"
wrote:

Harry Krause wrote in message
I thought Herring said he was an occasional substitute teacher for the
Alexandria school system.

Same here. That's why I wondered if he was a bit over zealous with the
'military talk' when substituting.

Retired from Fairfax County Public School system. Now I substitute teach in the
school I retired from. Don't talk military. Usually talk math.

John H

On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD
on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!

Bert Robbins

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
Bert Robbins wrote:
"Don White" wrote in message

John H wrote in message
. ..

Hell, maybe by next year Harry will give me his Parker. If I had a nice

big

lobsta boat I'd probably give some poor ex-teacher my used Parker.

"ex-teacher" ??? Did they give you the boot for trying to recruit

8th
graders into your army?

At least we have a functioning army to protect ourselves and our

"friends"
to the north!

The last time our "functioning army" defeated a serious, well-equipped,
well-led and motivated adversary was in 1945. We almost lost in Korea,
and we got our butts handed to us in Vietnam. And let's not bring up
that tired old b.s. about how the hands of our troops were "tied" in
Vietnam. We did everything we were capable of doing over there, short of
dropping nukes.

We should have listened to Gen. Patton and Gen McAurther when they wanted to
kick the commies butt's while our armies were in the field in Europe and
Korea respectively. But, the political leaders were too afraid of upsetting
the commies. Are you saying that Johnson's Tuesday targeting lunches were
the appropriate fourm for deciding tactical targets?

And, let's not forget who won the cold war. With our military weaponry in
existance and on the drawing board we caused the ruskies to crumble because
they were spending all of their wealth, if they really had any, on trying to
keep pace with us.

Further, right now, our "functioning army" (and I mean all the forces
working together) could not protect this country against a band of
dedicated terrorists armed with "non-traditional" weapons.

That's why we have the CIA and military special forces to respond to gorilla
actacks so that the perpetrators are found and killed, not put in jail but
killed.

So, sleep smugly, Bertie...and take a few more tokes of that pipe.

I will sleep sungly knowing that I put myself on the line to defend our
country from its enemies, foreign and domsetic as well as others that were
much more selfless than you could ever hope to be putting their lives on the
line to defend our country too.

Oh, and don't ascribe to me your weaknesses and failings.

Bert Robbins

"Don White" wrote in message

Bert Robbins wrote in message

At least we have a functioning army to protect ourselves and our

"friends"
to the north!

Double edged sword. I hear lots of your fellow citizens lamenting that
your 'functioning army' should be used against us when we don't tow the
party line.

Canada, the 51st state!

John H

On Sat, 17 Apr 2004 15:50:59 -0400, "Bert Robbins" wrote:

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
Bert Robbins wrote:
"Don White" wrote in message

John H wrote in message
. ..

[...]

Harry, having never served in the military (don't know what his deferment was),
is very quick to find fault with same. The best way to hide shame is to lash out
at others. Although usually seen mostly in adolescents, the behavior does show
up in some 'adults'.

It's best ignored.

John H

On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD
on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!
Harry Krause

Bert Robbins wrote:

So, sleep smugly, Bertie...and take a few more tokes of that pipe.

I will sleep sungly knowing that I put myself on the line to defend our
country from its enemies, foreign and domsetic as well as others that were
much more selfless than you could ever hope to be putting their lives on the
line to defend our country too.

That's some sentence, Bertie...

So, you put yourself on the line defending our country from...

....North Vietnamese invading Topeka?

....Panamanians invading Philadelphia?

Did you help Ollie North mine harbors and kill Central American fishermen?

Did you help our military put Iinochet in power?
Harry Krause

John H wrote:

Harry, having never served in the military (don't know what his deferment was),
is very quick to find fault with same.

Hey...it isn't my fault you were drafted and then decided to re-up.