John H

Default Beautiful day on the Bay

Finally! Gorgeous weather, no sub job today, marina says it's ready for
business, so the boat went in the water for the first time this year. The engine
started, ran well, the electronics worked, all seemed well. The lower unit was
trimmed in an upright position and wouldn't go back down, but as soon as I
accelerated a little the trim started working. Must have been a little stuck
from lack of activity.

Went out a couple miles, cruised past another boat doing some trolling for
'catch and release' stripers, and watched him haul in a nice sized (about 36")
striper just as I came along side. That has got to be a good omen!

Can't wait for Monday! That'll be the first day with lines in the water.

John H

On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD
on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!
Henry Blackmoore

In article , John H wrote:

Finally! Gorgeous weather, no sub job today, marina says it's ready for
business, so the boat went in the water for the first time this year. The
engine
started, ran well, the electronics worked, all seemed well. The lower unit was
trimmed in an upright position and wouldn't go back down, but as soon as I
accelerated a little the trim started working. Must have been a little stuck
from lack of activity.

I try to "exercise" my tilt and trim a little bit everytime I go to my storage
barn. I heard that it helps rather than just letting it sit during the off
season. Any leakage?

Went out a couple miles, cruised past another boat doing some trolling for
'catch and release' stripers, and watched him haul in a nice sized (about 36")
striper just as I came along side. That has got to be a good omen!

Awesome!

Can't wait for Monday! That'll be the first day with lines in the water.

I can't believe you didn't wet a line already!
:^)

John H

On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD
on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!

John H

On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 23:35:41 GMT, (Henry Blackmoore) wrote:

In article , John H wrote:

[...]

Nope, didn't wet anything. I don't like catching and releasing. Don't think it's
good for the fish, but lots of folks disagree with me. That's their right. I've
never seen a fish caught while trolling that was gut hooked, so maybe they do
stand a pretty good chance of staying alive. But, for sure they will be a little
bit smarter next time a lure comes by, no? I think their smart enough without
giving them more reason to shy away from pretty lures!

I like to go out, get my two fish in the cooler, and then go home and eat 'em.

This is the first time I've had a problem with the trim. My boat is kept in a
boatel, three tiers up, so I can't get to it during the winter. Next year I may
try putting a little oil on the pistons and working them up and down before
putting the boat up.

Hell, maybe by next year Harry will give me his Parker. If I had a nice big
lobsta boat I'd probably give some poor ex-teacher my used Parker.

John H

On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD
on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!
jim--

"John H" wrote in message
[...]

Nice story John. Glad your spring launch went well and that you had a good
day on the boat.

Good luck with the fishing on Monday!

jim--

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
John H wrote:
On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 23:35:41 GMT, (Henry Blackmoore)

wrote:

In article , John H

wrote:

[...]

When and where is the custom made 36 foot lobster boat being launched for
the season and where is she docked.

Don't try to reply with a statement about me not having a boat....I know
that and explained the reasons several times to the NG.

So how about it Harry? ;-)

jim--

jim-- wrote:

When and where is the custom made 36 foot lobster boat being launched

for
the season and where is she docked.

Already launched, out of Solomons. Docked in the same spot she was last
year. I've posted the location of her home marina here more than once.

We were out today for about five hours, once it warmed up a little. Took
a nice boatride south past the mouth of the Pax River, and down past
Point Lookout, where the Potomac empties into the Bay.

The next few days will be good ones to stay away from the Bay, what with
the opening of striper season tomorrow. It'll look like that scene from
"Jaws" when a reward is posted for the shark.

Don't try to reply with a statement about me not having a boat....I know
that and explained the reasons several times to the NG.

Oh...you don't have a boat, right?

Were Harry Hope and Creaky invited for the initial launch? LOL!!!

Don White

John H wrote in message
Hell, maybe by next year Harry will give me his Parker. If I had a nice

big
lobsta boat I'd probably give some poor ex-teacher my used Parker.

"ex-teacher" ??? Did they give you the boot for trying to recruit 8th
graders into your army?

John H

On Sat, 17 Apr 2004 12:17:31 GMT, "Don White"
wrote:

John H wrote in message
.. .
Hell, maybe by next year Harry will give me his Parker. If I had a nice

big
lobsta boat I'd probably give some poor ex-teacher my used Parker.

"ex-teacher" ??? Did they give you the boot for trying to recruit 8th
graders into your army?

Nope. I retired.

John H

On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD
on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!
Bert Robbins

"Don White" wrote in message

John H wrote in message
Hell, maybe by next year Harry will give me his Parker. If I had a nice

big
lobsta boat I'd probably give some poor ex-teacher my used Parker.

"ex-teacher" ??? Did they give you the boot for trying to recruit 8th
graders into your army?

At least we have a functioning army to protect ourselves and our "friends"
to the north!