Doug Kanter

Default When would you board someone else's boat??

"DSK" wrote in message
. ..
Doug Kanter wrote:
I advocate personal responsibility, which means people receive the
documented legal consequences for their actions. You believe this too.

But Doug, they don't really believe in personaly responsibility at all.
Nor to they want to see everyone (especially not their Beloved Anointed
Leader) held accountable. To them, it's just empty words intended to
bludgeon those damn libby-rulls.

... I'm
sure you've whined about certain types of criminals who are paroled too

soon
(or at all), or plea bargain their ways into sentences that are way too
short.

Only if those criminals were undeserving minorities.

BTW with regard to the muffler situation, sugar in the gas tank is a
guaranteed way to fix a noisy muffler.

Evil vigilante! :-)

Henry Blackmoore

Default When to shoot a falre into someone elses bilge WAS: When would you board someone else's boat??

In article , (Bob D.) wrote:

I don't agree with Doug's specific comments about ignoring distress calls,
or watching a boat burn, but then again, I'm not taking what he says
literally as much reading in stating two underlying points:

Why not take them literally? He means them literally and he even says so.

1. It takes so little effort and time to show consideration for other
people.

2. You can't go through life not giving a **** about the people around you,
while carrying expectations that everyone should give a **** about you.

When people forget or ignore these simple truisms, which IMHO are needed
for society to function, all bets are off. Forget them and antagonize
someone who is having a bad day, and bad things can happen. When bad
things do happen to the social offender, while the punishment might not
fit the crime, I have a hard time considering them to be the victim, so in
an effort to avoid these "bad things" I would suggest:

3. Never assume somone's inconsideration towards you is a deliberate act.

I personally will act with goodwill and assume the person committing their
offense to me is goodhearted but oblivious as to their actions. As such,
I will ignore it if it is the first time the offense occurred with that
party, if the action could be deemed as non-deliberate, AND the action
doesn't persist for a great deal of time. If those criteria are not met,
I will tactfully talk with them in hopes of reaching a solution.
Sometimes the solution consists only of hearing a reasonable explanation
as to why the offending behavior is occuring.

Should these steps fail, I'm moving further into Doug's camp.

Doug is a mentally unstable vigilante type. You are of that persuasion too?

Oh I won't
ignore that distress call or refuse to help save their boat, but when I
help them, I'll be reminding them who I was and how they offended me,

So somebody is drowning and their boat sinking and you will be bringing
up petty ass bull**** and rubbing it in while you are helping to rescue them?
Maybe you are in Doug's "camp" after all?

smiling, knowing there's a little divine justice in my small corner of the
world. In addition, should they continue their actions, I'll do whatever
is necessary to lessen their action's impact upon me, stop their actions,
or teach them consideration, regardless of the consequences, as I have
absolutely no desire to live in a world where inconsideration for others
becomes an acceptable behavior.

So you in effect are using "inconsideration for others" to fight
inconsideration for others and damn any laws? Your perceived
standards of acceptable behavior becomes the basis for your anti-social
and unacceptable (acceptable to you) behavior towards others. That is
pretty deep. Have you sought help for this yet?

In the case Doug presented, should I go through all the actions he
described: Tolerance, communication, inaction from the authorities, then
being told to screw myself. It will come down to three choices for the
inconsidrate *******. Fix your exhaust. Compromise with me and learn to
leave quickly and get use to being a little less comfortable on your drive
to work in the winter, or be alot less comfortable changing tires in that
same winter climate.

Are you a Dougie sock puppet?

For those who think "rubbing their nose in their own mess" is wrong for
dogs or people, I've trained several dogs, and many people (when I had
to) that way, and they seemed to learn the intended lesson just fine.

Dogs have very short attention spans. You have to catch them in the act to
correct any errant behavior. The only thing that they will learn by rubbing
their noses in their own **** is that want him to eat feces. The dog will
also learn to be afraid of you and also to be afraid of eliminating in
your presence. Only an ignorant lout would train a dog the way you have
described. Do you advocate hitting your dogs too?

With your abhorrent dog-training skills I shudder to think about your ability
to handle & deal with people.

For
those who spout asserting my beliefs will eventually lead me to be
victimized by a CCW, it is noted. But then again, I may have a CCW too
and *I might* just be a quicker and better shot than the inconsiderate
******* I'm trying to reason with, so I hope any inconsiderate *******s
take note as well :^)

CCW or not. If you insist on acting out on your vigilante fantasies one
day the pigeons will come home to roost. One reaps what they sow
in life.

Bob D.

Henry Blackmoore

In article , "Doug Kanter" wrote:

those who spout asserting my beliefs will eventually lead me to be
victimized by a CCW, it is noted. But then again, I may have a CCW too
and *I might* just be a quicker and better shot than the inconsiderate
******* I'm trying to reason with, so I hope any inconsiderate *******s
take note as well :^)

Bob D.

Oh boy. Henry's gonna LOVE this.

What, your sock-puppet?

Henry Blackmoore

In article , "Doug Kanter" wrote:

"Henry Blackmoore" wrote in message
link.net...

Turn this around: Your neighbor's driveway is right next to your bedroom
window. It's winter. His muffler goes bad. He goes to work 3 hours before
you need to wake up, and likes to warm up his car for 20 minutes. So,
instead of waking up at 6:30, your normal time, his noise is waking you

up
at 3:30. You figure most people might not find the time to get their

muffler
fixed right away, so you let it go for a week, maybe two. You ask him
politely when he's getting it fixed, because you're getting sleep

deprived.
He says "Hey...maybe next week. Sounds cool, though, eh?"

Another month goes by. Somehow, the cops haven't ticketed him yet. You

ask
him again when he's getting it fixed. He says "That's none of your damned
business. Kiss my ass".

What do you do? By "you", I mean YOU PERSONALLY, not "people in general".

Whatever he does I am sure that it wouldn't involve watching his neighbor

and
his family burn helplessly (and add to the fire) in the event of a house

fire
you sick ****.

Sorry, Harry. I must've used too many big words. Your neighbor's muffler has
nothing to do with boats. What do you personally do in the muffler
situation? Be very specific.s

I didn't know that Harry Krause was in on this thread?

Yes, Harry. Tell us what you would do. That should be interesting.

Doug Kanter

"Henry Blackmoore" wrote in message
ink.net...
In article , "Doug Kanter"

wrote:

those who spout asserting my beliefs will eventually lead me to be
victimized by a CCW, it is noted. But then again, I may have a CCW too
and *I might* just be a quicker and better shot than the

inconsiderate
******* I'm trying to reason with, so I hope any inconsiderate *******s
take note as well :^)

Bob D.

Oh boy. Henry's gonna LOVE this.

What, your sock-puppet?

You're my sock puppet now?

Henry Blackmoore

In article , Charles wrote:

Doug Kanter wrote:

"Charles" wrote in message

intolerant individual who has expressed both aggressive actions and
inaction towards fellow-humans in dire need of help, simply because they
have angered you by their careless or rude actions.

I lived next door to a neighbor-from-hell for 9 1/2 years. Never ever
did I wish the man dead or withhold help from him.

You (and krause) are a poster-boys for the oft repeated liberal lie
about caring for your fellow man.

-- Charlie

Practice random acts of kindness and senseless acts of beauty....
Doug Kanter

"Henry Blackmoore" wrote in message
ink.net...

One reaps what they sow
in life.

That's what I've been saying for the past three days, dummy. But, you only
like that phrase when it suits YOUR purpose. When I suggest that lousy
neighbors should expect consequences, you get all flustered. :-)

Doug Kanter

"Henry Blackmoore" wrote in message
ink.net...

Sorry, Harry. I must've used too many big words. Your neighbor's muffler

has
nothing to do with boats. What do you personally do in the muffler
situation? Be very specific.s

I didn't know that Harry Krause was in on this thread?

Yes, Harry. Tell us what you would do. That should be interesting.

Stop being childish. You know that was a typo. What would YOU do in the
aforementioned muffler situation?

Henry Blackmoore

In article , "Doug Kanter" wrote:

"Henry Blackmoore" wrote in message
link.net...

My Dachshunds need somebody new to bark at.

Ah HA! No wonder you're so obsessed about people who know the correct way to
manage dogs! You own one of the worst kind - the kind sometimes known as
"BBQ candidates".

I also own an Australian Cattle dog. And when any of them do wrong, I don't
even have to raise my voice. I just admonish them in a certain tone and they
tow the line. They will do anything to have me praise them. I can't even
get upset around them about anything as they will do their best to love me
into relaxing and staying calm. They are the ultimate chill pills.

There are no "worst kinds" when it comes to dogs.

And telling off an idiot (sock-puppet of yours?) who rub their dog's noses
in their own **** in a misguided attempt to "train" them certainly does not
constitute being "obsessed"? Does it Dougie?

Have any human children Dougie? Did you rub your son and/or daughter's
noses in their own feces to potty-train them? I shudder to think. Oh I know
I know! Human children are not dogs and one has to train them "the correct
way" using a different tact eh?

Henry Blackmoore

wrote:

"Henry Blackmoore" wrote in message
link.net...

Anybody that would advocate violent action against helpless and

innocent
animals is one sick puppy.

Actually, it's legally permitted, performed and tested in the courts on a
fairly regular basis. In many places, including what you'd consider

"normal
suburbs", animals which damage food crops may be killed as long as the
method does not endanger neighbors or violate weapons laws. You really

ought
to think before you hurl, boy.

Uh-huh. And you think that somebody's garden comes under the "food crop"
definition and that you have the right to kill your neighbor's pets for a
damaged tomato plant?

I repeat. You are one sick puppy.

Actually, Henry, a garden *does* fall under that definition. These laws were
almost eliminated as farms began to vanish, but in many places, they were
kept intact because of the victory garden movement during World War II. The
current legal argument is that flowers have no intrinsic value unless
they're raised by a commercial grower. But, food *does* have value to anyone
who grows it. Therefore, any food garden is defined as a farm.

Sorry to burst your bubble.....

Show me where the laws in a suburban area in this country have been
interpreted to allow a homeowner to hide under the guise of growing "food
crops" while killing his neighbors dog or cats? Garden be damned.

You are twisted.

Like Charles says -"keep back--pedaling".

OT Hanoi John Kerry Christopher Robin General 34 March 29th 04 01:13 PM
offshore fishing adectus General 7 January 3rd 04 03:23 PM
Repost from Merc group Clams Canino General 0 August 29th 03 12:43 PM