J. Frost

Default OT Texas Republicans

In article ,
Harry Krause wrote:
John Smith wrote:

If Bush lied about WMD's, then so did all presidents going back to the late
80's and the majority of congressman, senators and the United Nations since
the First Gulf War.

You may not agree with Bush's decision to a preemptive strike, but no one
can seriously believe he lied. It might make for a great campaign sound
bite, but any rational person would know that is nothing more than politics
to say Bush lied, since he was using the exact same intelligence that
Clinton used when he stated Iraq had WMD.

Of course he lied. There were all sorts of reports available to Bush
that indicated there were no WMD in Iraq. Bush and his fellow
Bush-****ters made a conscious decision to ignore intel that didn't play
into their rationale, and then went on to deceive the American public
about it.

The chickens are coming home to roost for Bush now. With any luck, the
American voters will toss the ignorant, incompetent, lying son of a
bitch out this fall.

The weapons of mass destruction that Rumsfeld and others in the Reagan
administration sold to Iraq did exist. In the 1980s and 1990s. But
they were destroyed. See Scott Ritter's piece at
to get some first-hand reports of what was going on during the UNSCOM
days.

We've just shown ourselves to be suckers to Chalabi, willing to invade
a country at the urging of those who wanted Hussein out for their own
purposes. We should be very careful about believing Israel when it claims
that their primary opponent is hiding the same mythical WMDs.
Henry Blackmoore

In article , "Don" wrote:

"P.Fritz" wrote in message

"Henry Blackmoore" wrote in message
link.net...
In article , "jim--"

wrote:

"Harry Krause" wrote in message

news:c3dhc2g=.844e1d7c1ae2e7e90bbc8c284ef604be@1 081964749.nulluser.com...
jim-- wrote:

I suppose it is a bad thing, but certainly not on the level of a

current
Senator killing a young lady named Mary Jo Kopechne then running

away
from
the accident. Or perhaps not on the same level as a POTUS having

oral
sex
with an intern.

Sins, indeed, but they pale in comparision to Presidunce Bush lying

get us into a war with Iraq, and causing the deaths of thousands of
people, including many non-combatant civilians.

How is your sockpuppet pal Creaky these days? And Harry Hope, how is

he
doing? Invite Creaky on your custom made 36 foot lobster boat lately?

You know how a lot of men have names for their _____?
Do ya think that "creaky" is actually a pet name for Harry's _____?

Only if creaky's last name is limpwood.

Would his first name be Lyle?

What's your pet name Don?

Don

"Henry Blackmoore" wrote in message
link.net...
In article , "Don"

jim-- wrote:

[...]

None that I know of, why?

Charles

Harry Krause wrote:

John Smith wrote:

"Harry Krause" wrote in message

I'm sorry, but I simply don't get that impression of Bush. To me, he
seems inarticulate and simple-minded, without an abstract idea in his
head. Interestingly, I always liked Bob Kerrey, too.

Why do you think anyone in this group really cares what you think?

Ahhh, **** for brains, but I don't really care...I've said that a
million times here. Say...are you "Charles Stanley" in one of your other
faked idents here, or just another newsgroup right-wing asswipe?

krause, you're getting more rattled than usual. All this "not caring"
must be tiring.

-- Charlie
Henry Blackmoore

In article , "Don" wrote:

"Henry Blackmoore" wrote in message
hlink.net...
In article , "Don"

jim-- wrote:

[...]

Wrong Don. I directed that comment to Don "I love the UN" White.
LOL

Don White

Henry Blackmoore wrote in message
nk.net...
Wrong Don. I directed that comment to Don "I love the UN" White.
LOL

Need a program to keep up with the players...Henry?

NOYB

"thunder" wrote in message
news
Just how many countries are you willing to invade over the same
WMD, *without* ever having seen *any* of said WMD. The WMD is in Iraq.
Whoops, no, it is in Syria. Whoops, no, it is in Iran. Whoops, no, it's
in ... Try selling this somewhere else, I'm not buying.

Buy whatever you like. However, the smart money says that time will tell
that Syria did indeed accept a transfer of Saddam's WMD. In fact, don't be
surprised when it's revealed that the "chemicals" that recently made their
way to Jordan via Syria turn out to be VX...a WMD made by Iraq.

BTW--did you notice that the noose around Assad's neck is tightening a
little bit each day?

Bush said to plan sanctions for Syria
Pressure aimed at halting terror aid
By Bryan Bender, Globe Staff | April 20, 2004

WASHINGTON -- President Bush plans to impose sanctions on Syria to pressure
it to halt support for terrorist groups, sending a strong message to
President Bashar Assad as foreign fighters continue to cross into Iraq from
Syrian territory, senior governments officials said yesterday.

The officials also said Jordanian investigators have reported that chemicals
discovered in a foiled Al Qaeda plot in Jordan had been smuggled in from
Syria.

The White House has told members of Congress that as early as this week the
president will implement the Syria Accountability and Lebanese Sovereignty
Restoration Act, passed overwhelmingly by both houses of Congress and signed
into law in December.

The law gives Bush new leeway to punish Syria economically and
diplomatically for failing to act forcefully against terrorism. The
sanctions could include prohibiting the sale of American products and US
investment in Syria and restricting the travel of Syrian diplomats in the
United States. It was not immediately clear yesterday which sanctions Bush
would invoke.

''The word I have gotten from the administration is the president fully
intends to implement it," Representative Elliot Engel, Republican of New
York and a key sponsor of the legislation, told the Globe yesterday.

Such a move is expected to increase anti-American sentiment in the region,
already heightened over the war in Iraq and Israel's recent assassinations
of two Hamas leaders, as well as Bush's support for Israeli Prime Minister
Ariel Sharon's plan to keep some West Bank settlements.

Engel and others said the White House was waiting to take action against
Syria after a series of meetings in Washington this month with Middle East
leaders, including President Hosni Mubarak of Egypt, Sharon, and King
Abdullah of Jordan. Jordanian officials announced yesterday that Abdullah,
who was scheduled to meet with Bush at the White House tomorrow, has
postponed his trip until next month.

''I think there is something we might hear this week," said Theodore
Kattouf, who served as Bush's ambassador to Syria until last fall and met
with the Syrian president last week. He added, however, that recent
developments could delay the move.

Syria, labeled by the State Department as a sponsor of terrorism for its
support of anti-Israeli terrorist groups such as Hamas, Islamic Jihad, and
the Lebanese Hezbollah, has come under enhanced scrutiny in recent days. US
forces have been battling with armed insurgents in western Iraq who are
believed to have infiltrated the country through Syria. Five US Marines were
killed Saturday in the western Iraqi town of Husaybah.

Secretary of State Colin L. Powell told the Associated Press yesterday that
he has asked Syria to beef up security on the border. ''It is in our mutual
interest to deal with the problem," Powell said. ''It is not in Syria's
interest to be seen as a base from which infiltrators can come across to
kill innocent Iraqis or to kill coalition troops."

The Syrian Embassy did not return calls yesterday seeking comment on the
allegations.

General Richard B. Myers, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, said Sunday
that ''We know that the pathway into Iraq for many foreign forces is through
Syria. It's a fact. We know it. The Syrians know it." Myers, speaking on
CNN's ''Late Edition," said, ''The Syrians need to take this situation very
seriously. They need to help us stop that infiltration of foreign fighters.
It doesn't do their government any good."

Meanwhile, Jordanian authorities announced Saturday that raids earlier this
month uncovered an Al Qaeda cell in Jordan that was planning to detonate a
huge chemical bomb at the headquarters of the Jordanian Intelligence
Services, the US Embassy, and other targets in Amman. They said the raw
materials could have killed as many as 20,000 people in gas attacks.

''There is evidence that it came from Syria into Jordan," Engel said of the
chemical materials and explosives. ''The Jordanians believe that and I
believe that."

But Kattouf, who met with Assad last week, said Syria has little incentive
to cooperate with the United States in policing its border with Iraq or
other issues in the current environment,

On border control, ''I believe last October the Syrians, through their
ambassador, let it be known that they might be open to some cooperation,"
said Kattouf, president of America-Mideast Educational and Training
Services, a private nonprofit organization in Washington. ''I conclude that
some elements of the [Bush] administration are so anti-Syrian that they
would prefer to issue public warnings rather than to open serious talks on
the matter."

The Syria Accountability Act called on Damascus to ''immediately and
unconditionally halt support for terrorism, permanently and openly declare
its total renunciation of all forms of terrorism, and close all terrorist
offices and facilities in Syria." It also demanded that Syria pull its
military forces out of neighboring Lebanon, which it has occupied for more
than two decades.

thunder

On Wed, 21 Apr 2004 01:36:51 -0400, NOYB wrote:

Buy whatever you like. However, the smart money says that time will tell
that Syria did indeed accept a transfer of Saddam's WMD. In fact, don't
be surprised when it's revealed that the "chemicals" that recently made
their way to Jordan via Syria turn out to be VX...a WMD made by Iraq.

LOL, again, Syria did not accept WMD from Iraq. It's a red herring,
foisted to explain the lack of WMD in Iraq. Syria's relations with Iraq
were tepid at best. This administration blew the intelligence on Iraq's
WMD. As you have difficulty believing this, the final reason Syria would
not accept Iraq's WMD is that it would be unnecessary. Syria's chemical
weapons capability far surpasses Iraq's. It is considered to be the most
advanced in the middle east.

http://cns.miis.edu/research/wmdme/syria.htm

http://www.fas.org/nuke/guide/syria/

BTW--did you notice that the noose around Assad's neck is tightening a
little bit each day?

Personally, I think the Likud party should fight their own battles.
DSK

NOYB wrote:
... However, the smart money says that time will tell
that Syria did indeed accept a transfer of Saddam's WMD. In fact, don't
be surprised when it's revealed that the "chemicals" that recently made
their way to Jordan via Syria turn out to be VX...a WMD made by Iraq.

You'll believe any fantasy as long as it's from a pro-Bush/Cheney source

thunder wrote:
LOL, again, Syria did not accept WMD from Iraq. It's a red herring,
foisted to explain the lack of WMD in Iraq. Syria's relations with Iraq
were tepid at best.

And previous to the war, Syria was cooperating with US intel and counter
terrorist ops. Why would the Bush administration claim Syria has WMD's
unless it is really desperate to yet again turn a foreign policy success
into failure.

... This administration blew the intelligence on Iraq's
WMD.

No, they didn't. Bush & Cheney were determined to invade Iraq and topple
Saddam before the election, they just didn't mention it in their
campaign speeches & promises. From their point of view, it has been a
big success... lots & lots of money rolling in... and possibly a second term

... As you have difficulty believing this, the final reason Syria would
not accept Iraq's WMD is that it would be unnecessary. Syria's chemical
weapons capability far surpasses Iraq's. It is considered to be the most
advanced in the middle east.

http://cns.miis.edu/research/wmdme/syria.htm

http://www.fas.org/nuke/guide/syria/

BTW--did you notice that the noose around Assad's neck is tightening a
little bit each day?

Personally, I think the Likud party should fight their own battles.

They seem to be doing OK. And hey, they're finally giving up some of the
settlements...

DSK

Henry Blackmoore

In article , "Don White" wrote:

Henry Blackmoore wrote in message
ink.net...
Wrong Don. I directed that comment to Don "I love the UN" White.
LOL

Need a program to keep up with the players...Henry?

No. I simply directed the comment at you and the wrong Don picked up on it.
No confusion on my part, just yours.

Thanks for playing!