*JimH*

"Dag Sunde" wrote in message
"*JimH*" wrote in message

"Mike G" wrote in message
ews.com...
In article ,
says...
Definitely!

But you know what, SoFarrell?

I joined this NG a couple of weeks ago, and felt just like you.
Then I systematically "killfiled" (blocked) every participant
in every thread that was either offending or off-topic.
I probably removed a lot of knowledgeable good people, but
as long as they can't resist joining an offending thread, I
can live without their advice.

Now I receive 15-30 posts a day, and 90% of them is written
by helpful people, on-topic, and in a reasonable, friendly tone.

Much better!

--
Dag.

I have to second that. I was ruthless with my filters canning the
infantile, self centered, infantile self centered, and just plain
ignorant.

It's been a very nice and informative news group for quite some time.

I cannot recall any contributions, OT or on topic, you or Dag have made
this NG Mike. Can you direct me to some? ;-)

Here is one:
http://groups.google.no/groups?hl=no...4%26filter%3D0

...as I said, I've been following this NG a couple of weeks...

:-)

--
Dag.

So what kind of boating to you do Dag?
Sal****er...freshwater...cruising....fishing?

Don't come to a conclusion on this NG based only on following it for a
couple of weeks. Things can get pretty spirited here one day and not the
other. In general there are some pretty nice (and very knowledgeable)
folks here.

Welcome aboard and we look forward to your contributions to the group.

*JimH*

"Dag Sunde" wrote in message
"*JimH*" wrote in message

"*JimH*" wrote in message

"Mike G" wrote in message
ews.com...
In article ,
says...
Definitely!

But you know what, SoFarrell?

I joined this NG a couple of weeks ago, and felt just like you.

snipped/

It's been a very nice and informative news group for quite some time.

I cannot recall any contributions, OT or on topic, you or Dag have made

this NG Mike. Can you direct me to some? ;-)

Oops, I guess there are none. I just did a google search and came up

empty.
Silly me for thinking you somehow were a contributor to this NG. You do,
however, seem to want to now push your new website.

Then you don't know how to google well...:
http://groups.google.no/groups?hl=no...up%3Drec.boats

So how about starting a boating thread or answering some questions some
folks have out there about boating Mike?

I think he did!

Nope. You two belong to each other.

And do you want some cheese with your whine?

*PLONK*

Tata. Join us again when you have something to offer other than a whine.

Peter Aitken

"Dag Sunde" wrote in message
"SoFarrell" wrote in message
news:1118692893.3ccf9aa7baadc88dbc4c2163258b9e2d@t eranews...
Thought I would check back here just to see if things improved.

Read the last two days of posts here. Am ready to throw up.

Racism and name-calling and piling on.

Some of you people should get some help.

Definitely!

But you know what, SoFarrell?

I joined this NG a couple of weeks ago, and felt just like you.
Then I systematically "killfiled" (blocked) every participant
in every thread that was either offending or off-topic.
I probably removed a lot of knowledgeable good people, but
as long as they can't resist joining an offending thread, I
can live without their advice.

Now I receive 15-30 posts a day, and 90% of them is written
by helpful people, on-topic, and in a reasonable, friendly tone.

Much better!

That's the right approach IMO. Separate the wheat from the chaff. It takes a
little effort but is often worth it.

--
Peter Aitken

bb

On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 22:49:04 GMT, "Peter Aitken"
wrote:

That's the right approach IMO. Separate the wheat from the chaff. It takes a
little effort but is often worth it.

I killfile everybody who sits around talking about killfiling.
There's still a bit of off topic stuff that gets through, but much,
much less whining.

bb

SoFarrell

"Dag Sunde" wrote in message
"SoFarrell" wrote in message
[...]

Thanks I travel a lot for work and I don't like messing around with filters
anyway. I just wonder why there is such bad behavior here. I don't mind
offtopic posts because they are easy enough to skip if i want to do so.

SoFarrell

"Gene Kearns" wrote in message
On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 16:01:02 -0400, "SoFarrell"
wrote:

Thought I would check back here just to see if things improved.

Your response is just as predicted .... and forcibly contrived.....
There are those here (Legion) that are apparently shills of "iboats"
or other commercial sites.... plus, there are those, unaffiliated, but
with private agendas....

if you have noticed posts by certain posters that were particularly
offensive.... note that it is *extremely* likely that their persona
has been hijacked by Usenet Vandals....

be careful with your indictments ... while well founded... they may be
fair or they may not be fair....

email me for particulars.... I can provide you with a Usenet feed
that has been cleansed 99% of the vandals.....

your (rec.boats) Usenet experiences will be vastly different!... and
vastly more pleasant!

--

_ ___c
\ _| \_

Grady-White Gulfstream, out of Southport, NC.

http://myworkshop.idleplay.net/
Homepage*
http://www.thebayguide.com/rec.boats
Rec.boats at Lee Yeaton's Bayguide

Why all the posts from posters who pretend to be other users here? That is
annoying and disruptive.

SoFarrell wrote:

Why all the posts from posters who pretend to be other users here? That is
annoying and disruptive.

It's Smithers et al. He started that a few months ago, it's a cry for
attention.

( OT ) What we learned from the Schiavo mess Jim, General 1 April 12th 05 12:29 AM
Don't mess with the Coast Guard! Scout ASA 14 July 10th 04 05:49 AM
Bahamas Mess RWKxxx Cruising 38 February 12th 04 10:01 PM
Dont Mess with Texas Joe ASA 26 December 18th 03 12:54 AM
What a mess! Pony Express ASA 0 September 17th 03 02:08 PM