BoatBanter.com

-   -   What a mess (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/39441-what-mess.html)

SoFarrell June 13th 05 09:01 PM

What a mess

Thought I would check back here just to see if things improved.

Read the last two days of posts here. Am ready to throw up.

Racism and name-calling and piling on.

Some of you people should get some help.

Dag Sunde June 13th 05 10:24 PM

"SoFarrell" wrote in message
news:1118692893.3ccf9aa7baadc88dbc4c2163258b9e2d@t eranews...
Thought I would check back here just to see if things improved.

Read the last two days of posts here. Am ready to throw up.

Racism and name-calling and piling on.

Some of you people should get some help.

Definitely!

But you know what, SoFarrell?

I joined this NG a couple of weeks ago, and felt just like you.
Then I systematically "killfiled" (blocked) every participant
in every thread that was either offending or off-topic.
I probably removed a lot of knowledgeable good people, but
as long as they can't resist joining an offending thread, I
can live without their advice.

Now I receive 15-30 posts a day, and 90% of them is written
by helpful people, on-topic, and in a reasonable, friendly tone.

Much better!

--
Dag.

Mike G June 13th 05 10:33 PM

In article ,
says...
Definitely!

But you know what, SoFarrell?

I joined this NG a couple of weeks ago, and felt just like you.
Then I systematically "killfiled" (blocked) every participant
in every thread that was either offending or off-topic.
I probably removed a lot of knowledgeable good people, but
as long as they can't resist joining an offending thread, I
can live without their advice.

Now I receive 15-30 posts a day, and 90% of them is written
by helpful people, on-topic, and in a reasonable, friendly tone.

Much better!

--
Dag.

I have to second that. I was ruthless with my filters canning the
infantile, self centered, infantile self centered, and just plain
ignorant.

It's been a very nice and informative news group for quite some time.

--
Mike G.
Heirloom Woods

www.heirloom-woods.net

Doug Kanter June 13th 05 10:35 PM

"Dag Sunde" wrote in message
"SoFarrell" wrote in message
[...]

Same here Dag. I killfiltered Harry Krause first!

*JimH* June 13th 05 10:37 PM

"Mike G" wrote in message
ews.com...
[...]

I cannot recall any contributions, OT or on topic, you or Dag have made to
this NG Mike. Can you direct me to some? ;-)

Doug Kanter June 13th 05 10:42 PM

Your mouth runs like a ducks ass with off topic **** in here, Mike.

*JimH* June 13th 05 10:46 PM

"*JimH*" wrote in message

"Mike G" wrote in message
[...]

Oops, I guess there are none. I just did a google search and came up empty.
Silly me for thinking you somehow were a contributor to this NG. You do,
however, seem to want to now push your new website.

So how about starting a boating thread or answering some questions some
folks have out there about boating Mike?

And do you want some cheese with your whine?

Dag Sunde June 13th 05 11:16 PM

"*JimH*" wrote in message

"Mike G" wrote in message
[...]

Here is one:
http://groups.google.no/groups?hl=no...4%26filter%3D0

....as I said, I've been following this NG a couple of weeks...

:-)

--
Dag.

Dag Sunde June 13th 05 11:20 PM

"*JimH*" wrote in message

"*JimH*" wrote in message

"Mike G" wrote in message
ews.com...
In article ,
says...
Definitely!

But you know what, SoFarrell?

I joined this NG a couple of weeks ago, and felt just like you.

snipped/

It's been a very nice and informative news group for quite some time.

I cannot recall any contributions, OT or on topic, you or Dag have made

this NG Mike. Can you direct me to some? ;-)

Oops, I guess there are none. I just did a google search and came up

empty.
Silly me for thinking you somehow were a contributor to this NG. You do,
however, seem to want to now push your new website.

Then you don't know how to google well...:
http://groups.google.no/groups?hl=no...up%3Drec.boats

So how about starting a boating thread or answering some questions some
folks have out there about boating Mike?

I think he did!

And do you want some cheese with your whine?

*PLONK*

Tim June 13th 05 11:37 PM

which one?