thunder

On Tue, 07 Jun 2005 19:21:56 +0000, NOYB wrote:

I caught a couple of goliath grouper (fka--"jew fish") and a small gag
grouper on Sunday. They all fought a lot harder than the small guppies in
this pond.

IIRC, goliath groupers were severely restricted. Are they starting to
make a come back? Have the restrictions been eased?
NOYB

"thunder" wrote in message
On Tue, 07 Jun 2005 19:21:56 +0000, NOYB wrote:

I caught a couple of goliath grouper (fka--"jew fish") and a small gag
grouper on Sunday. They all fought a lot harder than the small guppies
in
this pond.

IIRC, goliath groupers were severely restricted. Are they starting to
make a come back?

Yes. In fact, we probably have more of them in SW Florida than anywhere
else in the World. They are all over the wrecks and artifical reefs...so
much so that they're a nuisance when you're trying to catch other fish for
the cooler.

Have the restrictions been eased?

Not yet. Most down here advocate a limited take/harvest permit. Perhaps
you'll be able to get a tag that allows you one goliath/year. Hopefully it
stays closed to spear fishing though. They're too easy of a target, which
is what decimated the population the first time around.

DSK

If you want to see the *real* difference between the two, compare how
the two's children speak in public, and behave in general. But hey, if
'family values' matter most to you, then you probably won't care about
raising intelligent, well balanced, well-spoken, professional, and
high-achieving kids... at least, if you claim you care about family
values and voted for Bush anyway...

John H wrote:
We should have elected Kerry. Besides well-balanced, well-spoken, professional,
and high-achieving kids, we could have expected:

Taxes to go up *only* for those making over $200,000,

Or maybe a reduction in the huge defecit due to the "war on terrorism"
which Bush & Cheney are fighting by invading countries that have no
connection to terrorism...

The 'No Child Left Behind Act' to be fully funded,

Or maybe the 'No Child Left Behind' act would be rescinded and in it's
place a reasonable, effective, and non-punitive, educational policy that
could be executed with the existing level of funding

BTW you're an educator John H (or at least have claimed to be) what do
you really think of President Bush's unfunded mandate called 'The No
Child Left Behind Act'?

The Iraq Coalition to become much larger very soon, especially with
all the French and German troops that will join,

Or maybe coalition members would stop leaving

Everyone able to have the same medical care afforded members of
Congress,

Why doesn't the Republican controlled Congress do this now?

Cheap prescription drugs,

Why doesn't the Republican controlled Congress do this now? Instead of
the *more expensive* drug plans forced down the country's throats in the
form of a huge deficit-increasing subsidy to the big pharmaceutical
companies which the just-previous and Republican controlled Congress
enacted under the guise of "Medicare Reform" (cough cough)?

All children going to college,

Or maybe just the ones that are smart enough to benefit, whether they
can pay or not.

An immediate end to the nuclear weapons aims of North Korea and Iran,

Why doesn't the Republican controlled Congress do this now?

America to soon be the beloved nation of the entire world,

You mean like we would if GWB honored his campaign promises to put into
force the Kyoto Accords, acted to stop genocide, and didn't lock up
people forever & for no reason other than some fumbling intimation that
they *might* be terrorists?

A tremendous decrease in unemployment,
A huge increase in high-paying jobs,
A resurgence of manufacturing jobs,

Why can't President Bush and the Republican controlled Congress do this now?

An energy independent America, with no reliance on Mideast oil

Or maybe we could just ask Halliburton to return the 200 million + that
they've stolen or overcharged since the beginning of the Iraq war.

A modernized military, able to meet all threats,

I thought Rumsfeld was giving us that now, as soon as he finishes
rooting out the 'Clintonized' military leadership (why is it taking more
than 4 years?).

Etc Etc Etc

Oh and thanks for acknowledging all the problems that the Bush
Administration is creating, or worsening, and leaving for the grown-ups
to clean up after them... I hope the grown-ups get there soon...

DSK

NOYB

wrote in message
oups.com...

NOYB wrote:
"HarryKrause" wrote in message
NOYB wrote:
Yale grades portray Kerry as a lackluster student
His 4-year average on par with Bush's
By Michael Kranish, Globe Staff | June 7, 2005

WASHINGTON -- During last year's presidential campaign, John F. Kerry
was
the candidate often portrayed as intellectual and complex, while
George
W. Bush was the populist who mangled his sentences.

But newly released records show that Bush and Kerry had a virtually
identical grade average at Yale University four decades ago.

In 1999, The New Yorker published a transcript indicating that Bush
had
received a cumulative score of 77 for his first three years at Yale
and a
roughly similar average under a non-numerical rating system during his
senior year.

Kerry, who graduated two years before Bush, got a cumulative 76 for
his
four years, according to a transcript that Kerry sent to the Navy when
he
was applying for officer training school. He received four D's in his
freshman year out of 10 courses, but improved his average in later
years.

(In the interest of upholding international copyright laws, a
significant
portion of this article has been snipped. Go to the link below to see
the article in it's entirety.)

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/wa...dent? mode=PF

What did Kerry take? I've seen Bush's transcript and noted he took all
the
courses we referred to as "puds."

I've seen both of their transcripts. He took even easier classes than
Bush.

Proof?

Proof from Harry? When he posts Bush's transcripts, I'll post Kerry's...and
then you can compare the two.

P.Fritz

"NOYB" wrote in message
news

"P.Fritz" wrote in message
Damn.....you should go out fishing tonight in the gulf........with the
numbers of bites you've had with this bait.
LMAO

I caught a couple of goliath grouper (fka--"jew fish") and a small gag
grouper on Sunday. They all fought a lot harder than the small guppies in
this pond.

Well, they will get even more shrill with this sort of news

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/2005...ry%20Meter.htm

NOYB

"HarryKrause" wrote in message
NOYB wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

NOYB wrote:

[...]

Bush's transcript has been on the internet for years. I've never seen
Kerry's. I can tell from their course selections at Yale, though, who
pudded his way through.

Kerry's transcript showed up on the same site as Bush's. Find Bush's and
you'll see Kerry's.

NOYB

"P.Fritz" wrote in message

"NOYB" wrote in message
news

"P.Fritz" wrote in message
Damn.....you should go out fishing tonight in the gulf........with the
numbers of bites you've had with this bait.
LMAO

I caught a couple of goliath grouper (fka--"jew fish") and a small gag
grouper on Sunday. They all fought a lot harder than the small guppies
in this pond.

Well, they will get even more shrill with this sort of news

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/2005...ry%20Meter.htm

And don't forget that Rasmussen proved to be *very* accurate in his polling
data right before the 2004 election.

Rasmussen's final projection was:
Bush 50.2%
Kerry 48.5%

Bush finished with 50.7% and Kerry finished with 48.2%.

P.Fritz

"NOYB" wrote in message
k.net...

"P.Fritz" wrote in message

"NOYB" wrote in message
news

"P.Fritz" wrote in message
Damn.....you should go out fishing tonight in the gulf........with the
numbers of bites you've had with this bait.
LMAO

I caught a couple of goliath grouper (fka--"jew fish") and a small gag
grouper on Sunday. They all fought a lot harder than the small guppies
in this pond.

Well, they will get even more shrill with this sort of news

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/2005...ry%20Meter.htm

And don't forget that Rasmussen proved to be *very* accurate in his
polling data right before the 2004 election.

Rasmussen's final projection was:
Bush 50.2%
Kerry 48.5%

Bush finished with 50.7% and Kerry finished with 48.2%.

Just think....another 4 years of harry, kevin, chuck and crew whining.

Peter Aitken

"NOYB" wrote in message
.net...

Yale grades portray Kerry as a lackluster student
His 4-year average on par with Bush's
By Michael Kranish, Globe Staff | June 7, 2005

WASHINGTON -- During last year's presidential campaign, John F. Kerry was
the candidate often portrayed as intellectual and complex, while George W.
Bush was the populist who mangled his sentences.

But newly released records show that Bush and Kerry had a virtually
identical grade average at Yale University four decades ago.

Congrats. You have just proven that grades at Yale do not reflect
intelligence.

--
Peter Aitken

Doug Kanter

"John H" wrote in message

We should have elected Kerry. Besides well-balanced, well-spoken,
professional,
and high-achieving kids, we could have expected:

Taxes to go up *only* for those making over $200,000,

It's called "No Billionaire Left Behind"

INFO FOR NEWBIES Capt. Mooron ASA 20 March 19th 05 03:20 AM
More bad news for Bush, good news for Americans John Smith General 7 June 25th 04 05:10 PM
OT - FLIP-FLOPPING MAY HAVE INJURED KERRY’S SHOULDER Henry Blackmoore General 3 April 7th 04 10:03 PM
Bush Resume Bobsprit ASA 21 September 14th 03 11:22 PM