UglyDan®©™

Tangier island residents are from English heritage and we're Torys
(Crown sympathizers) during the American revolution. Every resident is
related in one way (Parks, Pruitts, Crocketts, Thomas, and Moore's) or
another, and speak with a dialect they call Elizabethan English.

BTW, Every funeral I've attended on Tangier, The deceased was buried 6'
under. Most residents have a family plot on their own property, or in
the church yard.

Not sure I'd call this bragging rights but FWIW, Every resident on
Tangier is a relative of mine. lol, UD

http://community.webtv.net/capuglyda...inUglyDansJack

JimH

"John H" wrote in message
On Sat, 14 May 2005 15:27:44 -0400, "Harry.Krause"

wrote:

John H wrote:
On 14 May 2005 10:22:49 -0700, wrote:

John H wrote:

Gosh, with all the comments about this particular post, I just had to

find and

read it Harry.

What a trip! From Deale to Tangier is almost 100 miles. And wow, five

hours to

get to and from, time for a walk around town and a lunch, and you

even did some

striper and other bottom fishing, just drifting and casting to

structure.

What a day!

Harry, which of the right-wingers here expressed the worst wishes for

this

eventful 'day' trip? Shame on them.

Now me? I'd be wondering how the hell you did all that!!!!!
--
John H

John, do you think that your above negativity is helping the "tone" of
the newsgroup?

Negativity? I'm patting the man on the back! No one I know could
possibly do all
that in one day!

He was even able to make a dozen or so posts around lunchtime! Now
there's
dedication, taking your computer to Tangier to make posts while chowing
down on
a crabcake sandwich. Wow!

Better check your Timex again, dicquhead.

A little Beethoven! Such wonderful music!

Why have I left you out of my life for so long. You are such a joy!
--
John H

John, don't you know that Harry's custom made 36 foot lobster boat cruises
at a comfortable 100 knots?

Silly boy, with that sort of comfortable cruising speed he could have done
all the things he claims to have done.

John H

On Sat, 14 May 2005 17:18:08 -0400, "Harry.Krause"
wrote nothing, which was a great post!

Kinda reminds me of Smetana, like the Moldau slowly meandering through Prague.
Beautiful silence.

--
John H

John H

On Sat, 14 May 2005 17:20:06 -0400, "Harry.Krause"
wrote:

John H wrote:
On Sat, 14 May 2005 15:26:23 -0400, "Harry.Krause"
wrote:

John H wrote:

On Sat, 14 May 2005 12:00:05 -0400, "Harry.Krause"
wrote:

John H wrote:

On Fri, 13 May 2005 18:58:48 -0400, "Harry.Krause"
wrote:

...of the right-wing scum here, we returned safely after a nice, if
chilly day, out on the Bay.

We made our trip to Crisfield in a leisurely 2.5 hours, went ashore for
a while and poked around, and then did a little fishing around Tangier
Island. Tied up at a crab pier and went ashore for lunch. Lots of crab
shacks still around, but they weren't too active today. Something I
didn't know: the graves of Tangier Islanders are above ground, just like
in New Orleans, and for the same reason: high water table. And the main
mode of "motorized" transportation on the island is old golf cards.

We caught a few stripers without trying very hard, and a handful of
bottom fish. Drift fishing and casting to structure. At least we didn't
have to troll for them.

Gosh, with all the comments about this particular post, I just had to find and
read it Harry.

Must have been exciting for you, Herring, since you rarely leave the
vicinity of Deale Harbor.

What a trip! From Deale to Tangier is almost 100 miles.

Yeah, well, we left from Solomons. It was under 50 miles one way.

And wow, five hours to

get to and from, time for a walk around town and a lunch, and you even did some
striper and other bottom fishing, just drifting and casting to structure.

We left before 7:30 in the morning and got back a little before six. But
since you are an Army retiree and substitute math teacher, I guess that
translates into five hours for you.

What a day!

Harry, which of the right-wingers here expressed the worst wishes for this
eventful 'day' trip? Shame on them.

Now me? I'd be wondering how the hell you did all that!!!!!

It's easy, John. You just head out into the Bay and point your boat
south by south east, sort of.

Wow, five hours travel time, lunch and looking at cemeteries, drift fishing for
stripers and other bottom fishing, just drifting and casting, ya know, all in
less than twelve hours. You are a miracle man, Harry!

Trailering the Yo Ho all the way to Solomon's must have been a bear, huh?

No trailering at all. I admit my days on the water don't compare with
the buzz you get hanging out with your alcoholic fishing buddies...what
are their names again? Old Fart, Gimpy Dav, Stinky Shorts and Drunken
Sarge? It's no wonder you always keep the entrance to Deale Harbor in
clear sight when you go out.

Mozart. Eine Kleine Nachtmusik. Great!

I'll copy and paste this post of yours to Tidalfish.com, just to let folks know
what you think of them. Would that be OK with you?

You hang with a colorful crowd, Herring? What do they call you,
BoozeBreath?

Ah, some life. Maybe 'Russian Sailor's Dance'? One of my favorites.
--
John H

John H

On Sat, 14 May 2005 14:17:58 -0700, (UglyDan®©™) wrote:

Tangier island residents are from English heritage and we're Torys
(Crown sympathizers) during the American revolution. Every resident is
related in one way (Parks, Pruitts, Crocketts, Thomas, and Moore's) or
another, and speak with a dialect they call Elizabethan English.

BTW, Every funeral I've attended on Tangier, The deceased was buried 6'
under. Most residents have a family plot on their own property, or in
the church yard.

Not sure I'd call this bragging rights but FWIW, Every resident on
Tangier is a relative of mine. lol, UD

http://community.webtv.net/capuglyda...inUglyDansJack

Whoops! That doesn't bode well for Harry's integrity, but maybe he was just on a
different island eating lunch after fishing for stripers and other bottom fish.

Anyway - glad to meet ya, Dan. You *do* type with a strange accent, but it's
easy to understand so don't change a thing!

Do you live on Tangier Island now?
--
John H

John H

On Sat, 14 May 2005 17:31:06 -0400, "JimH" wrote:

.. .

John H wrote:

[...]

You seem to be implying that there is some aspect of Harry's story that I don't
find believable. For shame! I've indicated no such thing. I'm simply praising
the man for his accomplishments, remarkable as they are!
--
John H

JimH

wrote:

[...]

I can imagine the saliva foaming from the corner of his mouth while he
replying to you John. You really caught him in yet another lie.

This is indeed hilarious.

As Krause would say...how delicious. ;-)

Don White

Harry.Krause wrote:

Here's some photos from a Tangier Island webpage, DrunkenJohn. When you
sober up, take a peek at the cemetery photos, showing the
coffin covers above ground level.

Perhaps if you and your fishing buddies chipped in a couple bucks, you'd
be able to buy enough gasoline to get there. Once you are there, you can
beg for gas money to get back home.

http://www.northernneck.com/tangier/page5.htm

We have an interesting island at the mouth of Mahone Bay that might
resemble Tangier on a small scale.
http://www.tancook.ca/
note: try the picture gallery 'trapgang' is you want to see real
fishermen....or fisherpersons, as our PC gov't wants to call them.
The Snapper Trapper

It was great reading that web page, it sounded very similar to your "trip
report".

"Harry.Krause" wrote in message
Don White wrote:
Harry.Krause wrote:

Here's some photos from a Tangier Island webpage, DrunkenJohn. When you
sober up, take a peek at the cemetery photos, showing the
coffin covers above ground level.

Perhaps if you and your fishing buddies chipped in a couple bucks, you'd
be able to buy enough gasoline to get there. Once you are there, you can
beg for gas money to get back home.

http://www.northernneck.com/tangier/page5.htm

We have an interesting island at the mouth of Mahone Bay that might
resemble Tangier on a small scale.
http://www.tancook.ca/
note: try the picture gallery 'trapgang' is you want to see real
fishermen....or fisherpersons, as our PC gov't wants to call them.

Tangier Island is pretty small. Some interesting pages on the website you
referenced.