Default Great Lakes Marine Surveyor WORST

I have had the worst experience with Mr Greg Group
He surveyed my sail boat and missed several things that the US Coast
Guard flagged as unseaworthy.

When one pays a Surveyor several hundred dollars to survey a 45 foot
Hunter, I do not expect a surveyor to catch everything but what he
missed was unacceptable.

DO NOT USE Great Lakes Marine Surveyors!!!!
Ever

Brian Nystrom

Greg wrote:

How many times do you intend to post this? When will you answer my last
question to you?
Greg Luckett

If you are the Greg involved in ths, why don't you just post your side of
the story and let the readers be the judge. We've all seen unwarranted
attacks on people on newsgroups and will readily recognize another if that's
the case.

BTW, I suggest that you save your reply in a text file, so you can re-post
it if necessary.

--
Regards

Brian

I will post when I feel like it
and if you dont like it .. tough $h1t

And due to the bill of rights I will post it as often as I see fit.

And maybe I will take out a full page ad in one of Cleveland
newspapers.

The US Coast Guard flagged unsafe electrical wiring
in other words somone used hosuehold ROMAX instead of "marine grade"

In more detail... I was stopped for a random inspection while leaving
the flats. The "Coasties" forced me to pull the boat out of the water
right then and there.

Big $$$$$

On Thu, 14 Aug 2003 20:51:19 -0400, "Greg" wrote:

How many times do you intend to post this? When will you answer my last
question to you?
Greg Luckett

wrote in message
.. .
I have had the worst experience with Mr Greg Group
He surveyed my sail boat and missed several things that the US Coast
Guard flagged as unseaworthy.

When one pays a Surveyor several hundred dollars to survey a 45 foot
Hunter, I do not expect a surveyor to catch everything but what he
missed was unacceptable.

DO NOT USE Great Lakes Marine Surveyors!!!!
Ever

Ron Thornton

In order for the US Coast Guard to turn a boat back for wiring, I would
think that would have to be in their reg's. Anybody know where?

Ron

Old Nick

On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 12:00:22 -0700, Dave Fleming wrote something
.......and in reply I say!:

Sorry. What I don't understand is:

Who exactly is posting? I sort of see a different person replying
saying they will post as often as possible.
Where are all the previous postings about this that Greg complained
about, and you imply? I see nothing from either "complainant" until
now.

I will post when I feel like it
and if you dont like it .. tough $h1t

And due to the bill of rights I will post it as often as I see fit.

And maybe I will take out a full page ad in one of Cleveland
newspapers.

When one pays a Surveyor several hundred dollars to survey a 45 foot
Hunter, I do not expect a surveyor to catch everything but what he
missed was unacceptable.

DO NOT USE Great Lakes Marine Surveyors!!!!
Ever

I understand your frustration but PLEASE enough is enough.
I don't like to plonk anybody but?????
Tales of a Boatbuilder Apprentice
http://pages.sbcglobal.net/djf3rd/

************************************************** ****************************************
I could never _see_ myself as anything!

Nick White --- HEAD:Hertz Music
Please remove ns from my header address to reply via email
!!
")
_/ )
( )
_//- \__/
Greg

Oh, one other thing. The local Power Squadron and/or the Coast Guard
Auxiliary will do free boat checks and let you know what needs corrected.
When you pass they issue a sticker which you then display on your boat. The
local Coast Guard and Sheriff's Dept. tend to leave those boats alone unless
they are doing something wrong. This saved me several head aches and maybe
a ticket. They do not report (as far as I know) when a boat fails or why,
but they do keep a record of the inspection. When something fails, they
will give you a chance to correct it and then they will re-inspect. They
came to my slip one year, and another year they did the check while on the
trailer. They are great people and can help you have a better boating
experience. This should help sooth your anger and make sailing fun for
you....and calming .

Sorry if I seemed too harsh before, but your attitude was just wrong. Maybe
mine is too.

"Greg" wrote in message
Gee, based on your email msgs, maybe you ****ed off the Coasties? I see

you
finally answered my question: Cleveland. Glad you are there and not over
here.

As far as the Bill of Rights, I doubt you really know it. This news group
is not your private domain to abuse, is it? Go ahead and pay for the ad

in
the paper. That would be a more honorable attitude.

I do not buy the bit about them forcing you to pull the boat out of the
water due to wiring, unless maybe it was due to the shore power wiring

being
wrong. They do get testy about that, but I have not seen them do so

except
at the dock when someone was trying to hook up to the shore power with the
wrong type of cabling.

In any case, take your venting somewhere else, please. Sharing the

details
and facts with us would be nice, but the ranting from you sucks.

wrote in message
I will post when I feel like it
and if you dont like it .. tough $h1t

And due to the bill of rights I will post it as often as I see fit.

And maybe I will take out a full page ad in one of Cleveland
newspapers.

The US Coast Guard flagged unsafe electrical wiring
in other words somone used hosuehold ROMAX instead of "marine grade"

In more detail... I was stopped for a random inspection while leaving
the flats. The "Coasties" forced me to pull the boat out of the water
right then and there.

Big $$$$$

On Thu, 14 Aug 2003 20:51:19 -0400, "Greg" wrote:

How many times do you intend to post this? When will you answer my

last
question to you?
Greg Luckett

wrote in message
.. .
I have had the worst experience with Mr Greg Group
He surveyed my sail boat and missed several things that the US Coast
Guard flagged as unseaworthy.

When one pays a Surveyor several hundred dollars to survey a 45 foot
Hunter, I do not expect a surveyor to catch everything but what he
missed was unacceptable.

DO NOT USE Great Lakes Marine Surveyors!!!!
Ever

Jacques Mertens

"Greg" wrote in message
I do not buy the bit about them forcing you to pull the boat out of the
water due to wiring, unless maybe it was due to the shore power wiring

being
wrong. They do get testy about that, but I have not seen them do so

except
at the dock when someone was trying to hook up to the shore power with the
wrong type of cabling.

Correct: it is an industry standard but not a law. They probably recommended
not to keep sailing with that wiring but they can't force a boat to return
to port for that reason. We are still free to do stupid things.
The biggest would be a short with a fire and caustic fumes but you 1st need
a short and then a fuse that fails: low probability.
One thing is certain: Hunter does not use house grade electrical wires. A
previous owner has probably done some mods with cheap wires and the surveyor
missed it. Not good but also not the end of the world.
Some wires are worth replacing if the hull is sound, engine and sails good.

--
Jacques
http://www.bateau.com

Just a few names... John Smith General 0 May 2nd 04 11:32 PM
WTB Morgan 46 in Eastern Northern Americas, Great Lakes or Caribbean LaBomba182 General 0 March 4th 04 12:20 AM
decent used boat for Great Lakes? Ebb Tide mark s General 2 October 9th 03 11:11 PM
Threats to lakes grow faster than cures: More bad news RGrew176 General 0 September 24th 03 05:39 AM
Great Lakes Surveyors WORST [email protected] General 2 September 5th 03 06:30 PM