Christopher Robin

Default OT Kerry Hypocrisy At Its Worst

Look up John Kerry's voting record, he voted against military spending
for
the last 20 years.

This is hypocrisy at its worst

Mar 6, 11:11 AM (ET)

By DAVID ESPO

(AP) Democratic presidential hopeful Sen. John Kerry, D-Mass.,
delivers his speech at a campaign event...
Full Image

WASHINGTON (AP) - John Kerry, the Democratic presidential
nominee-in-waiting, challenged the Bush administration Saturday to
reimburse the families of U.S. troops "who had to buy the body armor"
needed for protection in Iraq.

"If I am president, I will be prepared to use military force to
protect our security, our people and our vital interests," the
Massachusetts senator said in the Democrats' weekly radio address.

"But I will never send our troops into harm's way without enough
firepower and support."

The five-minute speech gave Kerry an opportunity to speak to a
nationwide audience five days after wrapping up his party's nomination
with a string of primary and caucus victories.

(AP) Supporters for John Kerry, including Laurence Mousky, left, cheer
while watching returns from the...
Full Image

The choice of topics underscored his intention to challenge President
Bush's conduct of the war on terror, and he accused the president of
shortchanging the troops on items needed for their own protection.

Kerry said tens of thousands of troops arrived in Iraq "to find that -
with danger around every corner - there wasn't enough body armor to
protect them." Many families purchased the equipment and had it sent
overseas, he added.

"Families should be sending pictures and care packages to Iraq - and
the Department of Defense should be sending the body armor," Kerry
said.

He called on the president to support a bill he has introduced in the
Senate to reimburse families for their purchase of body armor. Similar
legislation is pending in the House.

Kerry said acting Army Secretary Les Brownlee had testified before
Congress that U.S. forces were "not prepared" for the present conflict
in Iraq and they didn't have the preparation and hardware they needed
to fight as effectively as they could.

In testimony before the Senate Armed Services Committee on Tuesday,
Brownlee was asked why the Army took so long to produce adequate
numbers of upgraded body armor and Humvees with extra armor plating.

"I also regret that we were not more farsighted here. We simply were
not prepared for that kind of a counterinsurgency that attacked our
convoys and our soldiers in the rear, as it has proven to be," he
said.

In addition, Kerry said, "We hear reports that - in dangerous parts of
Iraq - our helicopters are flying missions without the best available
anti-missile system."

"At the same time, unarmored Humvees are falling victim to roadside
bombs and small-arms fire. The Bush administration waited through
month after month of ambushes and only acted to start manufacturing
armored kits three months ago," he added.
John H

On 6 Mar 2004 22:31:33 -0800, (Christopher
Robin) wrote:

[...]

Surely this isn't the same John Kerry who:

Sen. Kerry Voted Against B-1 Bomber. (S. 3189, CQ Vote #273:
Passed 79-16: R 37-5; D 42-11, 10/15/90, Kerry Voted Nay)

Sen. Kerry Voted Against B-2 Stealth Bomber. (S. 3189, CQ Vote
#273: Passed 79-16: R 37-5; D 42-11, 10/15/90, Kerry Voted Nay)

Sen. Kerry Voted Against F-14. (H. R. 5803, CQ Vote #319:
Adopted 80-17: R 37-6; D 43-11, 10/26/90, Kerry Voted Nay)

Sen. Kerry Voted Against F-15. (S. 3189, CQ Vote #273: Passed
79-16: R 37-5; D 42-11, 10/15/90, Kerry Voted Nay)

Sen. Kerry Voted Against F-16. (S. 3189, CQ Vote #273: Passed
79-16: R 37-5; D 42-11, 10/15/90, Kerry Voted Nay)

Sen. Kerry Voted Against AV-8B Harrier Vertical Takeoff And
Landing Jet Fighters. (H.R. 2126, CQ Vote #579: Adopted 59-39: R
48-5; D 11-34, 11/16/95, Kerry Voted Nay)

Sen. Kerry Voted Against AH-64 Apache Helicopters. (H.R. 2126,
CQ Vote #579: Adopted 59-39: R 48-5; D 11-34, 11/16/95, Kerry Voted
Nay)

Sen. Kerry Voted Against Patriot Missiles. (S. 3189, CQ Vote
#273: Passed 79-16: R 37-5; D 42-11, 10/15/90, Kerry Voted Nay)

Sen. Kerry Voted Against Aegis Air Defense Cruiser. (S. 3189, CQ
Vote #273: Passed 79-16: R 37-5; D 42-11, 10/15/90, Kerry Voted Nay)

Sen. Kerry Voted Against Trident Missile System For U.S.
Submarines. (S. 3189, CQ Vote #273: Passed 79-16: R 37-5; D 42-11,
10/15/90, Kerry Voted Nay)

Sen. Kerry Voted Against M-1 Abrams Tanks. (S. 3189, CQ Vote
#273: Passed 79-16: R 37-5; D 42-11, 10/15/90, Kerry Voted Nay)

Sen. Kerry Voted Against Bradley Fighting Vehicle. (S. 3189, CQ
Vote #273: Passed 79-16: R 37-5; D 42-11, 10/15/90, Kerry Voted Nay)

Sen. Kerry Voted Against Tomahawk Cruise Missile. (S. 3189, CQ
Vote #273: Passed 79-16: R 37-5; D 42-11, 10/15/90, Kerry Voted Nay)

Nah, can't be the same guy.

John H

On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD
on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!