Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Lloyd Sumpter

Default Smokey 2-stroke

Hi,
(Geez, another boating-related topic! I gotta stop...)

My 1989 Johnson 15hp smokes a lot. It uses so little fuel that I've
forgotten when I fueled up, but I always put in 50:1. Is there other
reasons apart from too much oil in the gas which would make a 2-stroke
smoke? Is there a way to find out what the ratio IS (I might have
mis-calculated)? I want to sell the engine, and it's a Hard Sell when you
can't see the engine for smoke (Koff! Koff!)

It runs fine apart from the smoke.

Lloyd Sumpter
"The Tin Boat" Mirrocraft 12

2 stroke vs. 4 stroke?? jeffo General 7 February 14th 04 11:20 PM
4 stroke produces more "thrust"???? RG General 24 December 10th 03 03:14 AM
old 2 stroke oil mix calhoun General 5 October 6th 03 07:45 PM
what is the right spark plug for a 25 hp johnson/evenrude 2 stroke mike General 2 September 3rd 03 10:00 AM
Suzuki 140 hp 4 stroke PMusto General 1 August 27th 03 04:19 PM