Doug Kanter

Default depth finder "Inside" alum hull

Contact the manufacturers of the models you're considering and ask them. Or,
visit their web sites. I have a Garmin and they specifically recommended
against mounting inside an aluminum hull. Not sure about other brands.
--
Do not respond to my Hotmail address. It's never checked. Post all responses
here.
"moyo" wrote in message
Is it possible to mount a depth finder to a single plate aluminum
hull from the the inside? I know that it is possible but will the DF
work without interference from the AL hull? I own a 60 foot Lazy days
houseboat and mounting a transducer near the outdrives doesn't seem to
make a whole lot of sense and mounting a thru hull seems to be asking
for trouble when you beach the boat.

Eric

Doug Kanter

Depth may not be important, but if he's an avid fisherman, he'll want to see
bottom structure, like trenches & drop-offs.

--
Do not respond to my Hotmail address. It's never checked. Post all responses
here.
"Jim" wrote in message
Are you talking Depth finder or fish finder? Depth doesn't seem
necessary for such a shallow draft boat. I have a fiberglass hull and
the depth finder reads fine through that -- dunno about aluminum.

Wonder if you could rig some sort of swing up bracket for the Sounder
hear You could raise it when you want to beach it.

moyo wrote:
Is it possible to mount a depth finder to a single plate aluminum
hull from the the inside? I know that it is possible but will the DF
work without interference from the AL hull? I own a 60 foot Lazy days
houseboat and mounting a transducer near the outdrives doesn't seem to
make a whole lot of sense and mounting a thru hull seems to be asking
for trouble when you beach the boat.

Eric

depth finder issues Richard Malcolm General 15 February 18th 04 06:37 AM
Depth finder J K General 0 December 6th 03 04:40 PM
Replacing Lowrance depth finder butch burton General 5 October 16th 03 09:59 AM
Aluminum Boat, depth finder install Jason General 4 October 6th 03 06:41 AM
Depth Finder - Two questions Gary Warner General 3 July 8th 03 12:01 AM