Doug Kanter

Default depth finder "Inside" alum hull

Contact the manufacturers of the models you're considering and ask them. Or,
visit their web sites. I have a Garmin and they specifically recommended
against mounting inside an aluminum hull. Not sure about other brands.
--
Do not respond to my Hotmail address. It's never checked. Post all responses
here.
"moyo" wrote in message
Is it possible to mount a depth finder to a single plate aluminum
hull from the the inside? I know that it is possible but will the DF
work without interference from the AL hull? I own a 60 foot Lazy days
houseboat and mounting a transducer near the outdrives doesn't seem to
make a whole lot of sense and mounting a thru hull seems to be asking
for trouble when you beach the boat.

Eric